Madison 19, Pahokee 21

561_Fan

Its like they don't know the rules (or don't want to accept them because they lost). On the trick play, the WR didn't line up inside the numbers. You can motion out, but you must line up and get set inside the numbers first...The other play, the WR was blocking down field before the RB caught the ball out of the backfield (and it wasn't a pass behind the line of scrimmage)....FOOTBALL 101.

Had Pahokee lost, I would've given Madison their props and not try to discredit what those KIDS did on the field Friday night..But so act like the calls favored Pahokee is just plain stupid and unsportsmanlike... It was a pretty evenly officiated game, but these Madison fans only point to 2 plays that game...It was a HELL of a game, an ugly one, but a good game...HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR, ALL PLAYOFF GAMES WILL BE PLAYED AT NUETRAL SITES

Madison didn't win because of poor refs.But Madison was the best team.The refs were from Miami and wanted to give y'all the home cooking Talked to some people that came from West Palm Beach and said  your team got stabbed  by the refs.. South Florida at their best.But you know what Madison will be here next year and if you make it  that far your asses will be at Boothill.And you want get your South F

iorida home cooking.

Once again. Playoff officials are assigned from out of county. To be honest, Madison wasn't that special. I don't know why they were ranked #1 all season. Trenton and Newberry were better teams...If the Pahokee OC just keep running the ball at the Madison defense, this probably is a blowout. Up 21-6, in the red zone, with 2 mins to go in the third. The OC got cute and it cost him....ONCE AGAIN. PLAYOFF OFFICIALS ARE ASSIGNED FROM OUT OF COUNTY! WHY DOES EVERYONE NOT KNOW THIS WHEN THEY LOSE???

Looks like to me that Trenton got the crap beat out of them by Pahokee. I just don't see where they were a better team. Newberry went into OT. Could go either way. DId they travel 300 miles to play Pahokee too?

You're acting like people from West Palm want the Glades schools (Pahokee, Glades Central, and Glades Day) to dominate the county in football...WRONG! Our local newspaper usually pics against Pahokee and when they play out of state teams they don't cover the games. I'm pretty sure if I talked to some Ft. White fans, they will tell about your HOME COOKING... But that has never happened in the HISTORY of Madison football... When you guys win, its because you're the BEST football team...ENJOY WATCHING THE FINALS FROM HOME...

On the trick play. I think all WRs must come inside the numbers first (in high school) and if they dont its a personal foul. Ill check with a coworker whos an official..The Madison coaches didnt think Pahokee could run the ball, so they played 2 deep all night, but they couldnt stop the run with the 7 in the box

Rules...

https://wilson.engr.wisc.edu/rsfc/intro/johnson.shtml

Question: How many players have to be on the line of scrimmage?

Answer: For the offense, you must have 7 or more players on the line at the snap. If not, it's an illegal formation, 5 yard penalty. The defense, on the other hand, is not required to have any players on the line or to be in any particular formation.

Newberry wasn't a good matchup because of their size. They just bullied Pahokee, but they didn't have any athletes or speed, and they didn't do anything other than run the ball...Trenton was the better team. A better offense and better athletes. That was a 5 point game with under 6 mins left, Pahokee scores some late touchdowns to open up the game... Madison had the best athletes of the three, but they were the easiest to defend. Our OC kept Madison in the game more than anything they did. They couldn't stop the I-formation lead , but the OC wanted to throw the ball (3 ints)

There's no rule that says a player must line up inside the numbers.

Yes there is in high school football. All players must be set inside the 9 (in ref terms, which is the numbers). Once they are set, they can motion outside the numbers. But all players must be set prior to the snap inside the numbers. If not, all teams would sneak a player off the sidelines just before the snap to trick the defense... And this coming from a 20+ year Florida official, that has officiated football, basketball, and baseball playoffs/finals