Updated Districts and Regions for football

Joshua Wilson

http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2016/1129

Biggest Changes thus far is all the added independants.

Fort White, Newberry, and Pierson Taylor are currently in 3A (I assume they will attempt to lose some students and get back down to 1A

Matanzas, Bishop Moore and Mainland are in Region 3 which geographically doesn't make sense.

Mainland is region 4

How does Tate, Navarre, Crestview, and Niceville stay in 6A? I'm pretty sure there populations are way above 1938. For example, Navarre is around 2100 or 2200.

Travel

Otherwise they would be forcing Lincoln and Leon and chiles to travel to panhandle when they could instead put all the big panhandle teams in 1 class so them and other teams don't have as much travel

Fort White Fan,

A lot of teams will move up to 5A. 3A will still end up being around 30 teams when it's all said and done. The problems is exactly as you mentioned- nobody wants to have to go through JaxTCA and Oxbridge/Chaminade except for teams that can pull 10 D-1 kids themselves.

I really won't be surprised if Wakulla moves up to 6A in two years.  I've heard their population is over 1,500 right now and their enrollment is increasing quite a bit each year.  I think they've gained over 250 students over the past two years....the limit for 5A is 1592.  I'm curious to see what district they will be put in....there are no 6A teams in the Tallahassee area.