Transfers 2017

Zoe Boy

In that case s fla would win championship every year and it wouldn't be close

Pretty much.  I can't remember a year where at least one team from Miami-Dade didn't win a championship.  Back when there was only 6 classes, the entire south region for the old 6a (now 8a) was entirely in Miami-Dade.

Here's something to think about:  Take the population of Polk County, add it Broward County, and it still wouldn't equal that of Miami-Dade.

Using the example you listed Zoe

You mention bolles and tca

Are you saying you think they would actually be able to beat the best Miami team since you said no one would hold 5% so that means a team with less then 5% of the cities talent is the best in the city

So if say Carol city is the best Miami team and they don't even have 5% of the cities talent yet i would pick them over Bolles or TCA

Make sense?

Using the example you listed Zoe

You mention bolles and tca

Are you saying you think they would actually be able to beat the best Miami team since you said no one would hold 5% so that means a team with less then 5% of the cities talent is the best in the city

So if say Carol city is the best Miami team and they don't even have 5% of the cities talent yet i would pick them over Bolles or TCA

Make sense?

TCA woulda beat them last year and this year CC would beat TCA

Not a transfer by itself, but it's certainly newsworthy since it will lead to numerous upcoming transfers. John Davis is returning to Clearwater Central Catholic as the offensive coordinator. Anybody who knows anything about Tampa Bay football knows that the transfers will be coming now that the announcement has been made.

Not a transfer by itself, but it's certainly newsworthy since it will lead to numerous upcoming transfers. John Davis is returning to Clearwater Central Catholic as the offensive coordinator. Anybody who knows anything about Tampa Bay football knows that the transfers will be coming now that the announcement has been made.

So safe to say CCC will be getting stronger in 3A?

Remains to be seen for the sole purpose of the fact that Davis has a history of attracting amazing athletes from all over Tampa Bay; however, athletes aren't the Marauders problem. CCC's athletes the past few years could match Oxbridge/Chaminade/JaxTCA/American Heritage - that's why they were ranked #1 in so many polls sporadically. The problem for CCC is the guys up front. Pinellas County isn't a hotbed for linemen.

2017 will be much of the same. CCC is going to have 10 or 11 D-1 kids, but they're all athletes and skill position kids. The question is, are the linemen there?  A combination of John Davis +Coaching + Athletes should get CCC out of the crowded Tampa Bay region, but then Chaminade will be there in the final 4 who can match the Marauder athletes but are night and day better in the trenches. Chaminade will face zero resistance in Region 4.  Heck, you could combine the best athletes of every team in region 4 outside of Chaminade, and the Lions would still win by 21+.

• 3 weeks later...

Clearwater Calvary Christian picked up a big-time transfer from CCC, Deandre Ferguson.  Word on the street is that Calvary Christian has opened their wallet and is starting to let kids in for football reasons. They may have upwards of 10 transfers when school resumes on Monday.

Christmas break is a good time to transfer because the 2nd quarter ends and 3rd begins on the return.

Cardinal Gibbons is a private school (no school zone) located in NE Fort Lauderdale, only a few miles from Coconut Creek and Coral Springs so very unlikely anyone moved. The Gibbons roster usually has lots of kids from Coral Springs and Coconut Creek. It is well within driving distance.