Transfers 2017

Zoe Boy

Yes I agree. Most recruiting services have reed listed as a guard. Wouldn't be surprised if that's where he lines up this year at Lakeland. Kid has great upper body strength and outstanding feet for his size. He was a 3 year starter I believe at fort Meade.

lakeland seems to always be a team that will contend, as long as their coach is there they will get players transfering in every year to fill holes

is Plant supposed to be at a high level this year or is Viera or Lakeland likely gonna top them this year?

lakeland seems to always be a team that will contend, as long as their coach is there they will get players transfering in every year to fill holes

is Plant supposed to be at a high level this year or is Viera or Lakeland likely gonna top them this year?

Biggest question at Lakeland will be at QB. Starter and backup were seniors last year. 

Clearwater Central Catholic's WR/S Amari Burney has transferred to Calvary Christian (Clearwater). Burney is the Scout.com #1 rated athlete in Florida for the Class of 2018.  CCC's Nick Joseph also  transferred. CCC has had a total of 5 kids transfer out of the program in the past week alone and I can confirm (via twitter) that a few coaches have left the program as well.

Jess..................have you ascertained the reasoning why so many players and coaches are transferring out of CCC? You would think they would want to stay with such a successful program. We at Trinity Catholic never have more than a couple of players and practically no coaches transfer out. Most of the players transfer to public schools as they cannot continue to afford private school. And, I see that a couple if not more of the linemen transferred. You were mentioning that the line is already their biggest weakness. 

Not a transfer by itself, but it's certainly newsworthy since it will lead to numerous upcoming transfers. John Davis is returning to Clearwater Central Catholic as the offensive coordinator. Anybody who knows anything about Tampa Bay football knows that the transfers will be coming now that the announcement has been made.

It has been an adverse affect though... Burney and Ferguson left for Calvary while having some disparaging words for Coach Harvey and company in the Tampa Bay times and the other kid went to IMG (probably thinking they will turn him into a D1 star). 

Clearwater Central Catholic's WR/S Amari Burney has transferred to Calvary Christian (Clearwater). Burney is the Scout.com #1 rated athlete in Florida for the Class of 2018.  CCC's Nick Joseph also  transferred. CCC has had a total of 5 kids transfer out of the program in the past week alone and I can confirm (via twitter) that a few coaches have left the program as well.

Which coaches?

Jess..................have you ascertained the reasoning why so many players and coaches are transferring out of CCC? You would think they would want to stay with such a successful program. We at Trinity Catholic never have more than a couple of players and practically no coaches transfer out. Most of the players transfer to public schools as they cannot continue to afford private school. And, I see that a couple if not more of the linemen transferred. You were mentioning that the line is already their biggest weakness. 

I don't have any inside knowledge but based on the comments in the Tampa Bay Times I have to assume it has something to do with folks not liking Coach Harvey's ways hence why Davis was brought back in... This is all speculation on my part though. 

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/hometeam/amari-burney-among-three-players-leaving-ccc/2308900

Proseteye,

It depends on who you ask. If you talk to the players involved the pattern is that they were so upset at the play calling last year that they decided to move onto other schools this year. They disliked the coaching staff and felt they had a better chance to excel at other schools. 

I'm personally not buying it. John Davis is now back at CCC as the offensive coordinator and the defensive coordinator has been the same for quite some time. If you're upset at the play calling and leave because of that- I understand, but before the kids transferred it was announced that John Davis will return. So, regardless they left knowing he was coming back and they choose to leave anyway.

Now, the perplexing issue and the one I can't grasp is why the kids transferred to Calvary Christian. Despite the transfers out of CCC, the Marauders still have a dynamic football team with a loaded defense lead by Deandre Fitz-Henley and they already had a quality safety transfer into the program to replace Amari. They also have a good QB/RB combo and will have a strong offensive line as 4/5 guys will be seniors this year and that's before CCC gets their annual Spring transfers that just show up outta nowhere.

In the end, CCC may not end up being a powerhouse this season but they have enough to compete in their region. Not sure of their schedule though.

I wanted to update a previous note on this thread that was reported by the media, but has turned out to be incorrect.

As reported earlier in this thread, CCC picked up a bunch of transfers from Palm Harbor; however, J'Von France never went to CCC as was reported. He transferred to Tarpon Springs High School.

Here is the article: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/palm-harbor-university-players-leave-for-more-stable-programs/2309439

So, CCC received 4 transfers from PHU and 1 from Lakewood. Tarpon Springs received 1 from PHU.

Okay, I know there's way to many posts on this, but for finality sake- J'von France did end up transferring to CCC, his paperwork was held up by a day leading to a report he transferred to Tarpon Springs. He starts at CCC on Tuesday.  This was confirmed by Bob Putnam the news reporter for the Tampa Bay times earlier this evening.