Transfers 2017

Zoe Boy

9 minutes ago, 181pl said:

But a coach is an adult who has a job. I'm of the opinion that for most kids this will not be beneficial. A lot of these transfer kids will have put a lot of time and work to help build a program into a winner. Many will bail based on some bogus promise of a championshp run or some better offer (or an offer period). At the end of the day, there will only be a few championship teams crowned and only a few college scholarships handed out. Odds are that Johnny Transfer isn't going to be on one of those few championship teams and won't get a scholly. However, had he stuck around, he may have had the pride to watch a program turn into a winner with his teammates and coaches, instead of just being a likely irrelevant part of a team that was going to be a winner anyway. 

Lol that sounds good but when you coach and See it with your own eyes you would understand... Yes half of those johnny transfers for a state title but a lot transfers for recognition and getting a offer and it happens a lot... Don't be in denial.. Parents see it too.. So thats one of the biggest reasons you see transfers and add in staff changes too as you see every year staff changes... So I root for kids to make their situation better and it is a business decision for the kids.. Theirs a lot of scholarships getting pass out.. Don't be in denial...

4 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Lol that sounds good but when you coach and See it with your own eyes you would understand... Yes half of those johnny transfers for a state title but a lot transfers for recognition and getting a offer and it happens a lot... Don't be in denial.. Parents see it too.. So thats one of the biggest reasons you see transfers and add in staff changes too as you see every year staff changes... So I root for kids to make their situation better and it is a business decision for the kids.. Theirs a lot of scholarships getting pass out.. Don't be in denial...

Back in 2015 one of our safties transferred from Mayo with no offers and as a senior made big plays and eventually got a d2 offer,  now he didn't take it but point still that bigger exposure got him that offer 

4 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

Interesting...Quite a comeback....BOL to Cola.

Per a May 22, 2017 tweet @Hysteria

"High School Hysteria @Hysteria1063

Per @ParkVistaSports coach Brian Dodds, RB Corey Cola (@cola_corey) will miss his senior season due to a knee injury sustained in practice.

Follow

High School Hysteria @Hysteria1063

Cola, a 3 year starter for the #Cobras, underwent successful surgery. Coach Dodds expects a full recovery.

9:14 PM - May 22, 2017

Replies

Retweets

11 like  "

The word on Cola is he is recovering from a torn ACL from late May.  

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Looks like Singletary plead guilty to stealing a 11 year old's sneakers and his bike....What size shoe does he wear?

You can read about this class act here:

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/new-boca-football-player-gets-probation-essay-assignment-after-plea/UClPLaImuccd61koxAPD4O/

[redacted by admin; see #1 here: https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1361-rules-of-the-forum/]

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If Kentucky is smart they would drop that scholarship now

I believe it has already been dropped.  Should he graduate High School he will be damn near 21 years old anyway.  There are people that can't get jobs while on probation and this dude strongarms a 5th grader (11 year old) at 18 years old  and is allowed to play football while on 3 years probation.  Not 3 months. 3 years probation.....I think about all of the suspension and times the FHSAA has acted and suspended on petty stuff and this dude is playing football....SMH

22 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I believe it has already been dropped.  Should he graduate High School he will be damn near 21 years old anyway.  There are people that can't get jobs while on probation and this dude strongarms a 5th grader (11 year old) at 18 years old  and is allowed to play football while on 3 years probation.  Not 3 months. 3 years probation.....I think about all of the suspension and times the FHSAA has acted and suspended on petty stuff and this dude is playing football....SMH

Once he is 18 and 7 months or something like that he deemed ineligible to play even though he shouldn't be anyway

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Once he is 18 and 7 months or something like that he deemed ineligible to play even though he shouldn't be anyway

It used to be 19 years and 9 months old. Now it is 19 by September 1st. So if you turn 19 on August 31st, you are ruled ineligible to play any sport governed by the FHSAA.