Transfers 2017

Zoe Boy

2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Wow, two QBs. Westminster can't afford to lose any players as they were not that good last season. Can't imagine what this does to their 2017 season.

Different schools. 

BH reported on the Westminster in Fort Lauderdale. The one I reported on is in the Miami area. 

10 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

Different schools. 

BH reported on the Westminster in Fort Lauderdale. The one I reported on is in the Miami area. 

My mistake. Actually I guess I should have been referring to Westminster Christian in Miami. Believe that the QB they lost was their starting QB last season. Believe they do have another QB who is a Senior and is 6' 5".

On 5/26/2017 at 7:59 PM, SportsNut25 said:

Coral Gables adds 2020 RB Frank Gore. Gore previously was at Westminster Christian of Miami. 

Does anyone know if he's any good? I'm assuming that's Gore's kid. 

Gables also added Andre Stringfield from Southwest. Looks like Gables is loaded at running back. 

37 minutes ago, Miamidade92 said:

Does anyone know if he's any good? I'm assuming that's Gore's kid. 

Gables also added Andre Stringfield from Southwest. Looks like Gables is loaded at running back. 

It is indeed NFL great Frank Gore's son. Gore Jr.  Is a 2020  and still young. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Frank-Gore-Jr-46040278

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

He had previously been at Gainesville, went to Columbia for the 2016 season, and most recently returned to Gainesville for his Senior season?

I wasn't aware of him being at Gainesville before

He played on our jv team as a freshman and Varisty last year, i was under impression he didn't come out sophomore year but i could be wrong 

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Gotcha.  I must be thinking of another player. I had thought Gainesville had a good WR transfer out a year or two ago to a neighboring school.  

Probably thinking of a totally different school and player.

It's all good 

That sounds familiar but i don't remember who it was

Was in past 2 years though 

2018 QB Steve Williams has transferred from Miramar to Mater Academy

2018 S Robert Ruebel has transferred from Western to American Heritage Plantation

2018 OL Jacob Kaplan has transferred from Western to American Heritage Plantation

2018 WR Akeem Hayes has transferred from Blanche Ely to Chaminade-Madonna

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

2018 QB Steve Williams has transferred from Miramar to Mater Academy

2018 S Robert Ruebel has transferred from Western to American Heritage Plantation

2018 OL Jacob Kaplan has transferred from Western to American Heritage Plantation

2018 WR Akeem Hayes has transferred from Blanche Ely to Chaminade-Madonna

Miramar lost their qb or a qb ? Was he the starter & ely loosing a WR Hmmmmm.

6 hours ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

Miramar lost their qb or a qb ? Was he the starter & ely loosing a WR Hmmmmm.

He was the starter last year. I believe he has a few FCS offers - including Albany. 

I believe the ELY WR is a 3 star Louisville verbal with a lot of FBS offers. 

Chaminade-Madonna may have the best WR core in the state at this point.

11 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

He was the starter last year. I believe he has a few FCS offers and may be a Howard verbal.   

I believe the ELY WR is a 3 star Louisville verbal with a lot of FBS offers. 

Chaminade-Madonna may have the best WR core in the state at this point.

Does Miramar have someone to step in? 

I don't think either team will be what they were last year. They'll both be the favorites in the district but Im not so sure the 2nd place team gets a playoff spot in this new format. Mater lost a lot, the running back Doriscar, Latavious Brini, Jonathan Francois at LB. 

On paper, if there were a year for Doral to win the district, this would be the year. I hear a rumor they could be losing the top WR that committed to the U, Brieon Fuller. The big question to me is Doral's defense. That will be their downfall, they struggled against physical teams.

They'll both be good and the other teams in that district have to step their game up to compete with these two schools. But I dont think either will be as good as last year's teams.