Transfers 2017

Zoe Boy

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well the obvious reason 

The kid forcefully removed the shoes of a 11 year old,  Kentucky don't need players like that on their team

So the justice only punish him with 3 years of probation (which is set up for you to fail) and he has to write an essay from what I read... SO since the system didn't put him away why should Kentucky drop him? He [redacted] up yes but your basically saying [redacted] him you don't deserve to play college ball n an education? Maybe the move might help him change his character n his lifestyle.. Never thought about that?

7 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

So the justice only punish him with 3 years of probation (which is set up for you to fail) and he has to write an essay from what I read... SO since the system didn't put him away why should Kentucky drop him? He [redacted] up yes but your basically saying [redacted] him you don't deserve to play college ball n an education? Maybe the move might help him change his character n his lifestyle.. Never thought about that?

What I'm saying is why should he be given the right to play when their are TONS of players out there that don't even get a chance to go to next level and are the perfect model citizens but this guy should keep a sec offer after, from what i read sounds like essentially a mugging of a 11 year old, just because he a good player

I know kids make dumb decisions

Yes ik that these teenagers might go out and get drunk or get a little too smart mouth with authority figures or a little too rough with some friends, but where do you draw the line and say you crossed a line

It was a felony assault of a 11 year old kid over shoes and a bike,  that seems like more than just a kid making a mistake 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well the obvious reason 

The kid forcefully removed the shoes of a 11 year old,  Kentucky don't need players like that on their team

also stole his bike and threatened him....

I have layed off this story and hoped things would pan out for the best for the kid.  Thinking perhaps the charges would be dropped, lessened or the story was perhaps overblown.  It just bothers me that you have lots of good natured kids out there ( who don't strongarm 11 year old children, are not 19 year old Sophomores, have not worn a ankle monitor for the last 6 months, are not on 3 years probation as an adult,  and they don't have the opportunity or priviledge to play HS football for some technical reason.

There seems to be no overseeing concept or consideration that perhaps the bigger priority for a 19 year old tenth grader is to strictly prioritize an education first and only at this point.

I state scenarios like that @ the Palm Beach  County School Board, @ the  FHSAA , and @ the 15th Circuit of Courts of Palm Beach County.

Do other 18 year olds contemplating or randomly committing acts similar in nature ponder the thought of "What's the worst that could happen?"  - 3 years probation.... life goes on, keep enjoying high school, keep enjoying the privelidge to play football, potentially  have the privilidge to win a state championship, and perhaps have a opportunity at a full scholarship at a major university....

22 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

So the justice only punish him with 3 years of probation (which is set up for you to fail) and he has to write an essay from what I read... SO since the system didn't put him away why should Kentucky drop him? He fuck up yes but your basically saying fuck him you don't deserve to play college ball n an education? Maybe the move might help him change his character n his lifestyle.. Never thought about that?

I agree education and a change would maybe help him get on right track but why should he be allowed to play football 

That's a privilege not a right

7 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

I think he 100%  deserves and needs a right to a education.  Let's face it though , if you are a 19 year old tenth grader , you and/or your parents should probably consider your strict focus should be on education.  At this point working towards a HS diploma 2 years from now is going to do a lot more for this kids future then the 2017 football season IMO.

I want to pose a question to both of you 

@BrowardHandicapper @Zoe Boy

Do you think if he wasn't a talented player that most colleges would have dropped him almost immediately because of this compared to if he was a projected next big star? 

Also i agree he should get a education @Zoe Boy but does he actually need football to achieve that education? 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Do you think if he wasn't a talented player that most colleges would have dropped him almost immediately because of this compared to if he was a projected next big star? 

Also i agree he should get a education @Zoe Boy but does he actually need football to achieve that education? 

He is not even close to being a star anyway....I don't even know if he officially had a offer from Kentucky.  As far as most colleges "dropping him" , it appears there was no other interest outside of perhaps Kentucky.  Why would a college even pursue him? Shelly Singletaries are a dime a dozen at high level programs in FL..  They also come with a longer shelf life, no history of strongarming 11 year olds with violence, and no probation.  

To answer your question more directly, I do think most colleges would have dropped all recruiting and pursuing a individual of this character.

If he did this act and was found guilty at any major FBS program, I believe he would probably be expelled from the team.

We are not talking about another adult.  This happened to a 11 year old, 5th grader in grade school.  If an adult can go out and strongarm a 11 year old of their sneakers and bike , only get probation and life goes on otherwise.....Just think about that concept.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What I'm saying is why should he be given the right to play when their are TONS of players out there that don't even get a chance to go to next level and are the perfect model citizens but this guy should keep a sec offer after, from what i read sounds like essentially a mugging of a 11 year old, just because he a good player

I know kids make dumb decisions

Yes ik that these teenagers might go out and get drunk or get a little too smart mouth with authority figures or a little too rough with some friends, but where do you draw the line and say you crossed a line

It was a felony assault of a 11 year old kid over shoes and a bike,  that seems like more than just a kid making a mistake 

Why he should be given a right? First of all he EARN that scholarship!! Now I don't do sign what he did.. If that was my son that got robbed I've would of done the same thing when I got robbed the day of my homecoming game against my rival school.. Find him and give him the business since police couldn't find the dude that robbed me.. But in this case the "justice system" said 3 years of probation fits the crime and probably don't really want to mess the kid future up.. Maybe going away playing ball changes his character.. As all those other players that don't have a chance to go D1 well sucks for them.. They weren't D1 material so they gotta go a different route.. If a college kid can get charge with rape but get off cause he wasn't raised in that type of environment(or cause his ppls are rich) this ain't nothing...

56 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I think he 100%  deserves and needs a right to a education.  Let's face it though , if you are a 19 year old tenth grader , you and/or your parents should probably consider your strict focus should be on education.  At this point working towards a HS diploma 2 years from now is going to do a lot more for this kids future then the 2017 football season IMO.

Which I agree with but football be the reason why kids stay in school or whatever activities they are in..

53 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Football gets him that free education tho for him to take advantage of..

23 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Let's get real. How is a 19 year old Sophomore in High School ever going to pass even the simplest of courses in college? The kid should learn a trade. It's his only hope.

I dont think the kid is 19....if he was then he would already be ruled ineligible for this year and his senior year of athletics. The kid still has a chance to turn things around and play this year if he is 18 years old. Not a bad suggestion on him giving up on college and instead learning a trade. I just think that it is a little premature to totally give up on his dreams. With that said the kid should be on the shortest leash possible when it comes to his display of character and integrity. He has obviously burned bridges and made a horrible decision but it is still up to him to make a positive change in his life. Whether he ever plays college football at any level is irrelevant in relation to him becoming a young man of high character. As a coach, I feel that at times we make a quick judgement on kids whether it be positive or negative. The hard part is to recognize positive change and set the past judgement to the side. What I mean is it is easy to judge and hard to forgive. When dealing with young men that still have a chance we as coaches have a hard job on knowing when it is time to cut them loose for the betterment of the team. I have personally seen both sides. I have coached kids that have chose to turned things around for the positive and kids that chose not too. It is such a fine line on when to make those type of decisions because their is so much that rides on that one decision. In the end you have to think about the future of all the other kids on the team when you make a decision that could change one players life forever. 

1 hour ago, Just A Coach said:

I dont think the kid is 19....if he was then he would already be ruled ineligible for this year and his senior year of athletics. The kid still has a chance to turn things around and play this year if he is 18 years old. Not a bad suggestion on him giving up on college and instead learning a trade. I just think that it is a little premature to totally give up on his dreams. With that said the kid should be on the shortest leash possible when it comes to his display of character and integrity. He has obviously burned bridges and made a horrible decision but it is still up to him to make a positive change in his life. Whether he ever plays college football at any level is irrelevant in relation to him becoming a young man of high character. As a coach, I feel that at times we make a quick judgement on kids whether it be positive or negative. The hard part is to recognize positive change and set the past judgement to the side. What I mean is it is easy to judge and hard to forgive. When dealing with young men that still have a chance we as coaches have a hard job on knowing when it is time to cut them loose for the betterment of the team. I have personally seen both sides. I have coached kids that have chose to turned things around for the positive and kids that chose not too. It is such a fine line on when to make those type of decisions because their is so much that rides on that one decision. In the end you have to think about the future of all the other kids on the team when you make a decision that could change one players life forever. 

To be more specific..the fact is he will be 19 in early September.  I stated he would be damn near 21 when he entered college (barring he is not held back, stays in school, graduated on time and went to college) that would be correct.

6 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

2020 S Avantae Williams, a Canes commit, has transferred to IMG Academy. He spent last season at DeLand and spent the summer with Mainland. [H/T 24/7 Sports]

Henry Bryant III has left AHD for Atlantic, per PB Post. (Might have already been reported.) 

I thought Henry Bryant III was at Oxbridge Academy?