Dec. 2 Scores

SportsNut25

Who wins 8A any thoughts.

I think Southridge has gradually improved this year and might be better than mid-season - especially defensively.  I think Dr. Phillips will have a little trouble scoring on Southridge, and I think the Southridge Offense kind of blah....

I am a Defensive lean guy in big games so I am going to lean Southridge in an ugly game here but game could be called a toss up.

Difference will be special teams. Dont see either offense scoring a bunch. Could be wrong though. If southridge doesnt turn the ball over deep in their own territory then DP will have a tough time scoring. The defense of southridge will shorten the field for their offense and provide opportunities to score. DP has to move the chains to have a chance in this one and pin southridge deep on punt coverage. 

Difference will be special teams. Dont see either offense scoring a bunch. Could be wrong though. If southridge doesnt turn the ball over deep in their own territory then DP will have a tough time scoring. The defense of southridge will shorten the field for their offense and provide opportunities to score. DP has to move the chains to have a chance in this one and pin southridge deep on punt coverage.

Southridge has some issues on special teams...particularly the punting and kicking game....Not pretty.

Sound analysis. On paper Dp. has a quality defense. However, against athletic teams, they give up points. Southridge's offense is a ball control, clock eating one. It compliments a very sound defense. I agree Dp. will have trouble scoring against them. However, if it does come down to special teams, I would give Dp. the edge there. That said, I am going to go with Southridge by 7 in a relatively low scoring, defense dominated game. 

Watched the whole DP/ Sanford game on Brighthouse. DP had about a dozen personal fouls. Most were pretty obvious on replay. Being a hater, they still don't look very impressive. But they've made it to the big house for the big game, unlike some....Clueless about Southridge's team. But I can't believe DP is the best team in 8A........Southridge takes the title

oh dan and darter please tell us more

Mid, the truth is, this is not the most impressive team Dp. has put out there by a long shot. Both 2010 (in particular), and 2009 were much better. Heck, I would argue last year's team was better, as was 2012. On paper this team is as good as you get in Central Florida. But it does not translate on the field. But for an errant pass, which put Dp. back in the game, Seminole probably wins last night. And trust me, Seminole's defense is not even close to Southridge's.

True, Seminole does have more on offense than Southridge. But that does not mean Southridge will not score. Their offense reminds me of some of the Edgewater offenses under Gierke. Offenses that were able to go on long, clock eating drives that limit the opposing offense's time on the field. And, despite being loaded on offense, Dp. has not shown the kind of creativity to put up multiple points on a team of Southridge's caliber. Dp. will need at least 20 to win and I don't think they score that much on the Ridge. I repeat Southridge by at least 7. Sorry, but there will be other years ... and yes, Dp. will win it all eventually; just not this year.

Mid, the truth is, this is not the most impressive team Dp. has put out there by a long shot. Both 2010 (in particular), and 2009 were much better. Heck, I would argue last year's team was better, as was 2012. On paper this team is as good as you get in Central Florida. But it does not translate on the field. But for an errant pass, which put Dp. back in the game, Seminole probably wins last night. And trust me, Seminole's defense is not even close to Southridge's.

True, Seminole does have more on offense than Southridge. But that does not mean Southridge will not score. Their offense reminds me of some of the Edgewater offenses under Gierke. Offenses that were able to go on long, clock eating drives that limit the opposing offense's time on the field. And, despite being loaded on offense, Dp. has not shown the kind of creativity to put up multiple points on a team of Southridge's caliber. Dp. will need at least 20 to win and I don't think they score that much on the Ridge. I repeat Southridge by at least 7. Sorry, but there will be other years ... and yes, Dp. will win it all eventually; just not this year.

Which one was worse DP letting go a 17 point lead or MNW blowing a 21 lead

You are wrong.

It's 2010, 2016, 2009, 2013. This team has just knocked off two undefeated teams so give me a break. You haven't seen their potential, you've seen what like 3 games?

You and Dan sound a little bitter, TBH.

Look it's true, I don't know DP. Seen them live three times in my life. Miami Central beat them in a close title game the first time and Mainland beat them by 20 pts in both of the last two years. Sanford should have won last night's TV game. I haven't seen any greatness going on those fours games alone. My hate stems from them being a rich privileged public, like Manatee, Plant, and every top Private powerhouse out there(Bolles, TCA, OTC, AH-P, STA,etc). Yes I'm jaded, old, and sometimes not very pleasant. And by the way, Carol City would beat them like a drum. Hope to see you at the game Saturday night. Not hate'n on you Mid, just your team.

saying 2012 and 2015 were better than this years team shows your desperation. the 2012 team went 13-1 but that was a huge surprise. you simply dont know what you are talking about. you follow apopka. thats your program. i follow dp and im not blind.

Would you say the 8A North last year final between West Orange/ Osceola fielded more talent and were better teams than say 2016 Seminole versus Dr. Phillips?

No. DP lost to Osceola 20-19 in round 3 last yr on a pick six and this DP team is better.

Overall, very comparable though.

I just watched some film on Southridge and the D is as advertised. I agree with Darter on the game. Southridge should be considered about a 3-7 pt favorite.

If they have kicking issues and bad throws then DP will capitalize. They've got like 17 return TDs this year. DP needs to play clean and let SR make some mistakes.

That SR defense flies around. These are not solo tackles. Their LBs and DBs are aggressive.

No. DP lost to Osceola 20-19 in round 3 last yr on a pick six and this DP team is better.

I just watched some film on Southridge and the D is as advertised. I agree with Darter on the game. Southridge should be considered about a 3-7 pt favorite.

If they have kicking issues and bad throws then DP will capitalize. They've got like 17 return TDs this year. DP needs to play clean and let SR make some mistakes.

That SR defense flies around. These are not solo tackles. Their LBs and DBs are aggressive.

If this 2016 Dr. Phillips team is better than 2015 Osceola of last year than -  I like their chances.

DP  lost to West Orange in the regular season .  WO got pasted by Osceola the week after Osceola and Dr. Phillips played in a tight game in the playoffs....It seems 8A is down up north as well overall but maybe it is me...

Depends. I'm just comparing the two DP teams. The defense is better this year and the QB is now probably the best player on offense as a dangerous dual threat.

Btw, on the defense: Last night the personal fouls really screwed them. Some really bad ones that were completely unnecessary. SS' first two scoring drives were largely assisted by penalties and DP held them to 3 in the second half. SS went up top to Davis to make it 14-13 with four minutes left in the half, then they got an onside kick at the 40 and went up top again. Not many defenses can cover that kid. With a FG to expire the half SS ended up scoring 17 in 4 minutes.

Look this Southridge team is good. DP has its hands full.