Venice coach might cancel next season

sunshine state baller

Based on this article Venice coach sounds like he just might give up on next season.  Perhaps he should have some cheese with that wine.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/sports/20161202/over-and-out

There really should be a separate classification for the large privates. This may actually induce less recruiting as the run to the title would not require it ... or it may not. Regardless, it is pretty much impossible for a public outside a large metro area to ever compete with a St. Thomas. A stacked public from Dade/Broward, Tampa Bay, Greater Orlando or Jacksonville may have a chance. But outside of that, no way, no how. Peacock is right in that respect. 

There really should be a separate classification for the large privates. This may actually induce less recruiting as the run to the title would not require it ... or it may not. Regardless, it is pretty much impossible for a public outside a large metro area to ever compete with a St. Thomas. A stacked public from Dade/Broward, Tampa Bay, Greater Orlando or Jacksonville may have a chance. But outside of that, no way, no how. Peacock is right in that respect.

No. Maybe a stacked Dade team. That's it. STA will never lose to Deerfield or Dwyer or Miramar ever again. I knew Harriett would take recruiting to the next level. Look what he did at U school? STA would running clock BTW at this point in the year. There are only 2 teams in FL that would not get running clocked by STA: IMG and Carol City. And CC would still lose by 21. IMG would be a great game.

Thing is the only teams that Beat STA are public. Miramar, Deerfield Beach, BTW, etc. This year the best competition would probably be by Carol City. I'd be willing to bet Carol city would have routed Venice as well. Problem is these teams don't get to play the best teams in state.(which is how you improve). Then they get to that hell round and they are in shock.

Look at Cocoa. The things they do to get ready for the playoffs. They go out and play crazy tough OOS games and a lot of the times get beat, sometimes badly early season. If 3 hr travel is too much, try and get some teams to come to you. Venice was unlucky that Camden was so shitty this year, but even Camden the type of game they play won't prepare you for Miami teams or STA etc.

No. Maybe a stacked Dade team. That's it. STA will never lose to Deerfield or Dwyer or Miramar ever again. I knew Harriett would take recruiting to the next level. Look what he did at U school? STA would running clock BTW at this point in the year. There are only 2 teams in FL that would not get running clocked by STA: IMG and Carol City. And CC would still lose by 21. IMG would be a great game.

Carol City has been impressing me. They are playing great football right now. I remember in that game against IMG and Coral Gables they looked as if they had no passing game whatsoever. Now they are just clicking on all cylinders. Even back then they were beating IMG at halftime.

Thing is the only teams that Beat STA are public. Miramar, Deerfield Beach, BTW, etc. This year the best competition would probably be by Carol City. I'd be willing to bet Carol city would have routed Venice as well. Problem is these teams don't get to play the best teams in state.(which is how you improve). Then they get to that hell round and they are in shock.

Look at Cocoa. The things they do to get ready for the playoffs. They go out and play crazy tough OOS games and a lot of the times get beat, sometimes badly early season. If 3 hr travel is too much, try and get some teams to come to you. Venice was unlucky that Camden was so shitty this year, but even Camden the type of game they play won't prepare you for Miami teams or STA etc.

Agree.  STA is probably close to the same level as last year.  There were Broward Public teams that went right down to the wire with STA last year and one of them beat them.  I'm not even including Miramar in that group.  Check the box scores for those games with STA and all of those teams and you will there are even parts of the game that STA got DOMINATED.  Broward publics are way down this year and they will be back.  It has been running in cycles for years.  Deerfield Beach this year was probably not even as good as last year's team and look how far they went.  This AHP team is probably not even as good as last year either.  Flanagan was way down.  Hallandale was way down.  Miramar was not a playoff team.

Based on this article Venice coach sounds like he just might give up on next season.  Perhaps he should have some cheese with that wine.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/sports/20161202/over-and-out

I disagree with this train of thought.  How about looking at the weaknesses of your team and perhaps play a better schedule against some teams with speed?  

Just a thought, instead of being a quitter as a HC.

The best schools in Broward WANT to play STA.

Take a look at Broward publics this year compared to last.  STA will lose to a Broward public power again.  Probably sooner than many think....

My question is sometimes Broward public lost to STA but they at least show up and put up a fight.  This Venice team simply did not look even close to capable of that.  Even in very down Broward Public year, Venice would have have probably lost to 5-10 teams in Broward last night.  They simply would struggle to move the ball.  I believe Venice would have had trouble beating a Miramar or Western last night - honestly.

Agree.  STA is probably close to the same level as last year.  There were Broward Public teams that went right down to the wire with STA last year and one of them beat them.  I'm not even including Miramar in that group.  Check the box scores for those games with STA and all of those teams and you will there are even parts of the game that STA got DOMINATED.  Broward publics are way down this year and they will be back.  It has been running in cycles for years.  Deerfield Beach this year was probably not even as good as last year's team and look how far they went.  This AHP team is probably not even as good as last year either.  Flanagan was way down.  Hallandale was way down.  Miramar was not a playoff team.

You Broward posters are delusional. No Broward team will EVER beat STA again as long as Harriett remains the coach and as long as people look the other way. 

What's the plan and what do you mean weed out?

It's time to separate recruited up private school powers. They need their own class. They clearly have an unfair advantage over every other team except for IMG, who is coincidentally not permitted to compete for a title. 

It's time to separate recruited up private school powers. They need their own class. They clearly have an unfair advantage over every other team except for IMG, who is coincidentally not permitted to compete for a title. 

I agree but I thought anyone could go to whatever school they wanted to next year including for athletic purposes.  So with that being the case what's the purpose of separating.

You Broward posters are delusional. No Broward team will EVER beat STA again as long as Harriett remains the coach and as long as people look the other way. 

Just try to consider the fact that Broward public schools are more likely to run in cycles than privates.  They will never be as consistent.  But once every 3 years or so a few publics get real strong.  You can't compare Broward Publics this year to last year.  Look at Deerfield Beach, look how far they made it in 8A this year versus last year when they were probably a better team. 

The only teams that have beat STA have been publics!

What are you going to have a 4-7 team statewide classification?

Most Broward and Dade strong public teams WANT to play STA every year. 

Is it really that much of an anomaly that big private schools are that dominant overall when they lie in the most talent rich football area in the country?

What will people be calling for next?  No Dade 6A Publics are allowed to compete in the playoffs?

Again...Privates have an unfair advantage when it comes to public schools period. STA and IMG are in the same boat imho. We might as let IMG compete in the FHSAA playoffs being that STA has about the same amount as Division 1 players as them.

Not any more, right?

All playing by the same rules now so things should change, right?