Venice coach might cancel next season

sunshine state baller

BTW?

I still don't understand how they lost that game.   It's like Harriott didn't know how strong of a run game STA had.   I would bet on STA with a 10 pt spread if they were to play again.   Shit they beat the raiders though so they should be on the list.   I think BTW has had trouble trying to replace Walton.   They used to be more balanced with a run game, this year they just didn't have it.  

I like Merrell.  Very good and am surprised he is a FAU commit with offers from BCs schools....

Good point.  Perhaps it forced Allen to scan the field better.  Would STA have won that game if Grimes does not go out in the third qtr?

The thing about Grimes on the field is he is effective even when you don't throw to him.  He is either getting mostly double covered or forcing the best DB on him every time.

I think maybe Allen felt some pressure  to get Grimes the ball.   It's understandable though Grimes is a beast.  

I like Merrell.  Very good and am surprised he is a FAU commit with offers from BCs schools....

Good point.  Perhaps it forced Allen to scan the field better.  Would STA have won that game if Grimes does not go out in the third qtr?

The thing about Grimes on the field is he is effective even when you don't throw to him.  He is either getting mostly double covered or forcing the best DB on him every time.

Not sure, but think about this...Grimes got hurt during the play WR Mike Harley ran an option pass to him in the endzone which was intercepted.   Grimes was well covered, does Harley throw that if it's not Grimes?    

STA would have won that game if they didn't get fancy and ran the ball when they had good field position, and actually wanted to score.  It's like they didn't even think about going for the win on the 20 or so yard line with a minute left and some TOs.   Still with all those chances missed, they still missed a chip shot to win the game (Illigal block by the way).    

I still don't understand how they lost that game.   It's like Harriott didn't know how strong of a run game STA had.   I would bet on STA with a 10 pt spread if they were to play again.   Shit they beat the raiders though so they should be on the list.   I think BTW has had trouble trying to replace Walton.   They used to be more balanced with a run game, this year they just didn't have it.  

I'm just talking teams in peak form this year. Regarless of record.   STA has improved more than BTW through the season but BTW in early season form was a beast. Considering they beat them in a tight game it could be doable (within 10).

Even Central at their best form this year could likely hang with STA.  I have a feeling this Southridge team has quietly been improving also and their Defense would prevent them from getting embarrassed.

Not sure, but think about this...Grimes got hurt during the play WR Mike Harley ran an option pass to him in the endzone which was intercepted.   Grimes was well covered, does Harley throw that if it's not Grimes?    

STA would have won that game if they didn't get fancy and ran the ball when they had good field position, and actually wanted to score.  It's like they didn't even think about going for the win on the 20 or so yard line with a minute left and some TOs.   Still with all those chances missed, they still missed a chip shot to win the game (Illigal block by the way).    

I doubt he throws that to another WR....That play is probably designed for Grimes specifically (with his height in man to man).

I'm just talking teams in peak form this year. Regarless of record.   STA has improved more than BTW through the season but BTW in early season form was a beast. Considering they beat them in a tight game it could be doable (within 10).

Even Central at their best form this year could likely hang with STA.  I have a feeling this Southridge team has quietly been improving also and their Defense would prevent them from getting embarrassed.

Maybe, but I think your underestimating the LOS.  Southridge D is good, but there not going to overpower, they are alot more like BTW was in their prime, very fast and athletic,  but STA would beat them at their own game (TOP run game).  Especially since special teams would work as offense if the defenses stalemated (which I honestly don't think they would).   

Sticking w/ Carol City, maybe AHP/MNW.   I would feel good betting a 10 pt spread against anyone else.   Wouldn't be surprised if they covered against AHP/MNW either.     

Maybe, but I think your underestimating the LOS.  Southridge D is good, but there not going to overpower, they are alot more like BTW was in their prime, very fast and athletic,  but STA would beat them at their own game (TOP run game).  Especially since special teams would work as offense if the defenses stalemated (which I honestly don't think they would).   

Sicking w/ Carol City, maybe AHP/MNW.   I would feel good betting a 10 pt spread against anyone else.   Wouldn't be surprised if they covered against AHP/MNW either.     

But at the end of the day, the teams that we have discussed even having a chance versus STA are all on a whole different level than Venice.  

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/article118678273.html

This article is about a Venice parent interrupting Coach Harriot's interview after the game saying that he was exploiting black kids. It also states that STA has had players cross state lines to come to play at their school and also come from different parts of the country. Venice coach said that STA has 40 players with BCS offers. Good article.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/article118678273.html

This article is about a Venice parent interrupting Coach Harriot's interview after the game saying that he was exploiting black kids. It also states that STA has had players cross state lines to come to play at their school and also come from different parts of the country. Venice coach said that STA has 40 players with BCS offers. Good article.

I wouldn't even call that a parent.  What kind of parent is drunk, drugged up and runs on a football field during a media interview?  She had to have been on crack or pcp or something...

Historically STA has had players that have crossed state lines to come to play at STA - on their own will.  Perhaps some may have moved to SFL due to a job or economic reasons as well...The story referenced Trevon Grimes who moved to Coral Springs from Indianapolis as an 11 year old with his family.  Coral Springs is about 8 miles from the STA campus.   But I guess STA is out recruiting that awesome talent in Indiana youth football...

As to the "black kids" thing.  I bet almost all of the former STA student athletes have no regrets on attending STA.

Not for nothing but  did the crackhead notice that there were a lot of STA players were white as well? Or was she too drunk and drugged up to comprehend that as well?

I hope Venice plays a Dade or Broward public power soon.  Perhaps they will understand reality better.

I wouldn't even call that a parent. What kind of parent is drunk, drugged up and runs on a football field during a media interview? She had to have been on crack or pcp or something...

Historically STA has had players that have crossed state lines to come to play at STA - on their own will. Perhaps some may have moved to SFL due to a job or economic reasons as well...The story referenced Trevon Grimes who moved to Coral Springs from Indianapolis as an 11 year old with his family. Coral Springs is about 8 miles from the STA campus. But I guess STA is out recruiting that awesome talent in Indiana youth football...

As to the "black kids" thing. I bet almost all of the former STA student athletes have no regrets on attending STA.

Not for nothing but did the crackhead notice that there were a lot of STA players were white as well? Or was she too drunk and drugged up to comprehend that as well?

I hope Venice plays a Dade or Broward public power soon. Perhaps they will understand reality better.

Was the parent black or white???

When was the last time STA went undefeated? This not even STA strongest team and they will never lose to a public school again? They have a terrible qb ... I would love to see Carol City , Da West and Central play STA right now.. It's a reason BTW beat STA this year and not cause of that controversial to call.. One thing STA has over schools down here are the line play... Well Da West MC and Carol City has a big enough front and fast D to play againt STA... These stuff ain't fluke either.. While you Central and up north guys scared to play STA the kids and crazy coaches down here are not . 181 coach Harriet is only 1-3 against BTW and MC...

This I agree with totally. The #1 thing STA does to give itself a better deck is the O and D lines. The same thing they've been doing for years. Only if late have they truly been getting stacked at skill positions. In years past they would have a few really great skill kids. No different than most public schools down there. But the schools down there suffer on the lines.

This I agree with totally. The #1 thing STA does to give itself a better deck is the O and D lines. The same thing they've been doing for years. Only if late have they truly been getting stacked at skill positions. In years past they would have a few really great skill kids. No different than most public schools down there. But the schools down there suffer on the lines.

Spot on.  

Look, it is really simple to understand.....South Florida has waaayyyyy better athletes per capita than anywhere else in the state. Those kids and there parents will go to the school in their area that has the most potential to get them noticed by college coaches and the opportunity to play deep into the playoffs. Trust me I get the unfair justification thing because I have seen the likes of bosa, bruce and scarlett up close. That is the nature of the beast and it is what it is. My suggestion is to play a harder schedule that has super fast defenses and take your lumps in the regular season. A lot of coaches have egos and rely on regular season records to prove there worth. Then when they play a super talented team they want to make excuses for the running clock that just got put on them. I was that coach at one time and now I have learned that you must play the hand you are dealt and coach the heck out of your position group. The head coach has to schedule those tough games to have a chance when it really matters.

Look, it is really simple to understand.....South Florida has waaayyyyy better athletes per capita than anywhere else in the state. Those kids and there parents will go to the school in their area that has the most potential to get them noticed by college coaches and the opportunity to play deep into the playoffs. Trust me I get the unfair justification thing because I have seen the likes of bosa, bruce and scarlett up close. That is the nature of the beast and it is what it is. My suggestion is to play a harder schedule that has super fast defenses and take your lumps in the regular season. A lot of coaches have egos and rely on regular season records to prove there worth. Then when they play a super talented team they want to make excuses for the running clock that just got put on them. I was that coach at one time and now I have learned that you must play the hand you are dealt and coach the heck out of your position group. The head coach has to schedule those tough games to have a chance when it really matters.

I'd go a bit further and say best talent area in the nation....of course I'm biased :)

Just wanted to point out that Bruce and Scarlett were at University School before they decided to "tone down" football. Every good rising junior and senior left. Half went to AHP and half to STA.