Venice coach might cancel next season

sunshine state baller

The open borders crap is fiction. You can't transfer if you the schools are at capacity.

Technicaly that's true, but most schools here in Dade County are NOT at capacity. Even if a school is at capacity, they'll accept someone who will help their athletic teams. It's up to the principal to allow the student in the school. A star football player that wants to transfer in will not be turned away. 

Did not realize this:

Venice  Regular season:

Camden County (GA) 2-7
Manatee 7-4
North Port 1-9
Coral Reef 3-7
Sarasota 5-5
Braden River 9-2
Lakewood Ranch 2-7
Palmetto 6-4
Booker 4-6

COMBINED REGULAR SEASON 37-51 ???

Basically the best Venice played in the regular season was a 1st round Playoff team and a 2nd round playoff team  - knowing they ultimately would have to face STA?    :unsure: 

U guys are in fantasy land.

Yeah...We're in a fantasy land.  Here are some more facts and truth for you to digest:

FBU Regional championship from Atlanta - Broward versus Sarasota and coincidentally it was this Saturday.

8th grade : Broward County versus Sarasota County head to head - same rules and those Sarasota kids still can't turn a corner!  Or Was this 8th grade Broward County  team also illegally recruting (like STA) versus this 8th grade Sarasota County  team ?  Broward had to be cheating , right?  Explain why Sarasota can't cross the 50 yard line?  There will be kids on both of these teams attending STA and Venice in 2-3 years as well.  In fact they can go anywhere they want now.  And ask that Venice nutjob mom if the Broward kids are being exploited here!  

The intelligent Sarasota/Venice parents understand it probably does not matter if a loaded Broward Roster has 40 D1 or 20 D1 players - the odds are stacked heavily against Venice - regardless.  to those parents, I can't say I can relate but I understand the frustration. The anger should be addressed to the FHSAA, not STA.  I understand the population difference is almost not fair but again, it is the hand that the FHSAA dealt.....For what it is worth , when Venice does pull that upset versus any Broward or Dade power it will be that much sweeter.

Explain what Broward was doing different and illegally in this case?   The point is it doesn't matter where in Broward these kids go, public or private...it is just a different level.

Yeah...We're in a fantasy land. Here are some more facts and truth for you to digest:

FBU Regional championship from Atlanta - Broward versus Sarasota and coincidentally it was this Saturday.

8th grade : Broward County versus Sarasota County head to head - same rules and those Sarasota kids still can't turn a corner! Or Was this 8th grade Broward County team also illegally recruting (like STA) versus this 8th grade Sarasota County team ? Broward had to be cheating , right? Explain why Sarasota can't cross the 50 yard line? There will be kids on both of these teams attending STA and Venice in 2-3 years as well. In fact they can go anywhere they want now. And ask that Venice nutjob mom if the Broward kids are being exploited here!

The intelligent Sarasota/Venice parents understand it probably does not matter if a loaded Broward Roster has 40 D1 or 20 D1 players - the odds are stacked heavily against Venice - regardless. to those parents, I can't say I can relate but I understand the frustration. The anger should be addressed to the FHSAA, not STA. I understand the population difference is almost not fair but again, it is the hand that the FHSAA dealt.....For what it is worth , when Venice does pull that upset versus any Broward or Dade power it will be that much sweeter.

Explain what Broward was doing different and illegally in this case? The point is it doesn't matter where in Broward these kids go, public or private...it is just a different level.

It must of been dade and broward players cause I seen some Miami Gardens Chiefs and Miami Gardens Ravens helmet in their

Venice 77 Dwyer 14. Bullshit.

Plant has beaten every South Florida team it is faced under coach Weiner with the exception of st.thomas. Armwood has beat Booker T Washington numerous times. They also beat Central in a Final and then had their problems with Central. So all this s fla superiority nonsense is not reality. You guys have a lot more athletes but teams can overcome athletic ability to an extent. But not when a team has 47 Division 1 players on it.

Plant has beaten every South Florida team it is faced under coach Weiner with the exception of st.thomas. Armwood has beat Booker T Washington numerous times. They also beat Central in a Final and then had their problems with Central. So all this s fla superiority nonsense is not reality. You guys have a lot more athletes but teams can overcome athletic ability to an extent. But not when a team has 47 Division 1 players on it.

You're starting to sound like Columbia.... Go ahead and show me the VHS highlights of those games!

Welcome to 2016!

Ok so we just gonna pass that BTW didn't beat that same 47 Division one players earlier this year and Deerfield did it the year before... That's why y'all losing.. You coming in to games with the mentality saying STA has 47 d1 players , we're gonna lose.. Guess what your already lost before the game started...

Ok so we just gonna pass that BTW didn't beat that same 47 Division one players earlier this year and Deerfield did it the year before... That's why y'all losing.. You coming in to games with the mentality saying STA has 47 d1 players , we're gonna lose.. Guess what your already lost before the game started...

No but that was last year Zoeboy ;)   !  They stunk last year ;) !  This is 2016 when they are playing Venice and Plant they got much, much, better.  That team that Deerfield Beach beat and won states by 5 TDs was nothing like this one.  Never again will STA lose to a public school.  Never.

What STA haters don't want you to hear:  According to Scout STA had more FBS players (21) last year 2015  than this year 2016 (19)...  More 3* players this year, but more 4* and 5* players last year...  Did I mention the 2009 STA team may have had more than talent both of those years?

Yet things are so much different....Never again will STA lose to a public school.  Never.  ;)

How about this concept.  Is it possible, the overall youth talent in SFL is getting more dominant and it is starting to show in High School - regardless where these kids are going?

No but that was last year Zoeboy ;) ! They stunk last year ;) ! This is 2016 when they are playing Venice and Plant they got much, much, better. That team that Deerfield Beach beat and won states by 5 TDs was nothing like this one. Never again will STA lose to a public school. Never.

What STA haters don't want you to hear: According to Scout STA had more FBS players (21) last year 2015 than this year 2016 (19)... More 3* players this year, but more 4* and 5* players last year... Did I mention the 2009 STA team may have had more than talent both of those years?

Yet things are so much different....Never again will STA lose to a public school. Never. ;)

How about this concept. Is it possible, the overall youth talent in SFL is getting more dominant and it is starting to show in High School - regardless where these kids are going?

If you guys can ever watch these youth leagues starting with Dade County..... Liberty City Warriors , Gwen Cherry Bulls, Miami Gardens Chiefs,Ravens,Bulldogs,Vikings, South Miami and Tamiami and Overtown Tornadoes

Broward..... Miramar Wolverines,Miramar Patriots, Dania Beach, PPO Bengals, Deerfield Packers, Ft Lauderdale Hurricanes , Weston ...

They start early and you can see how intense these hits are... I know I missed a lot more teams

If you guys can ever watch these youth leagues starting with Dade County..... Liberty City Warriors , Gwen Cherry Bulls, Miami Gardens Chiefs,Ravens,Bulldogs,Vikings, South Miami and Tamiami and Overtown Tornadoes

Broward..... Miramar Wolverines,Miramar Patriots, Dania Beach, PPO Bengals, Deerfield Packers, Ft Lauderdale Hurricanes , Weston ...

They start early and you can see how intense these hits are... I know I missed a lot more teams

Plantation and Davie youth league are very good also.  SFL is just getting started...  The youth leagues down here are getting stronger and stronger.  That will ultimately equate to HS teams likely maintaining dominance or getting better.  Not trying to rub it in, just forewarning to be prepared for the future.

What the opposition will think of STA in the future:

yosemite_sam.gif

Completely agree

Don't compare Week 1 to week 16. There is a huge difference.

The only difference between week 1 and week 16 is trevon grimes being hurt.. Remember the week before they butt hole beat Dillard like 58-0.. So don't tell me they wasn't hitting on all cylinders...

You're starting to sound like Columbia.... Go ahead and show me the VHS highlights of those games!

Welcome to 2016!

Plant beat BTW in 2006 (after BTW lost in the Semis 3 years in a row to Armwood); Beat Dwyer in the Semis in 2008; Beat Miramar in the Finals in 2011; Only loss was to STA in the finals. I know you are like 17 or so, and you were very young when this stuff took place, but in the big picture it was not that long ago. 

Plantation and Davie youth league are very good also.  SFL is just getting started...  The youth leagues down here are getting stronger and stronger.  That will ultimately equate to HS teams likely maintaining dominance or getting better.  Not trying to rub it in, just forewarning to be prepared for the future.

What the opposition will think of STA in the future:

yosemite_sam.gif

I don't care what private schools think about STA because that's who they will be competing with for titles before too long. 

Yup

I thought most this board said kickoff games Just a "scrimmage" lol

So if it a "scrimmage" when Columbia beat apopka then it a scrimmage when STA beat Dillard

:D a South Florida scrimmage no different then a scrimmage in northern Florida bc last time i checked it counts for as much on the standings regardless of where in Florida

If the sta vs Dillard game counts so does apopka vs Columbia

So if it a "scrimmage" when Columbia beat apopka then it a scrimmage when STA beat Dillard

:D a South Florida scrimmage no different then a scrimmage in northern Florida bc last time i checked it counts for as much on the standings regardless of where in Florida

Who said it count tho?

Who said it count tho?

The only difference between week 1 and week 16 is trevon grimes being hurt.. Remember the week before they butt hole beat Dillard like 58-0.. So don't tell me they wasn't hitting on all cylinders...

I assume you ment STA so if kickoff games dont count then the beatdown on Dillard don't mean anything by the same definition

Columbia, you gott'em. Don't let them weasel out of it now.