The Toughest/Worst Schools to be a head coach at.

coach28

In your opinion which schools in Florida are the worst places to be a head coach at? Examples Historically bad, lack of resources, low player numbers etc.

I think it would depend on circumstances.  I think here in Broward or Dade are probably high on the list....I think here  it would be hard to go into a program as a new coach if the program fell short of expectations the previous year, and a lot was expected with the new coach.  I would say schools that don't give a coach a chance to build . 

In your opinion which schools in Florida are the worst places to be a head coach at? Examples Historically bad, lack of resources, low player numbers etc.

Honesty from a coaches view that's not big private schools that pays, all of them are bad... The pay don't add up to the time you spend with these young men.. That's why you have a lot of these coaches that leave.. Basically you coach for the love of the game and the kids IMO....

I'll say Glades Central, not for any of the reasons you gave, but the unfair expectations placed on the head coach. If you don't win, your gone!!! Hester went undefeated two consecutive seasons but lost in the State Finals twice to a superb CoCoa team and was fired after going like 28-2!!! Not just Hester but the coaching turnover at Glade Central is bad for that reason. You don't win and your gone!!!!

The reason I chose Jackson is the alumni. In the soul bowl 2 game against rival Northwestern, Jackson came in 12-1 and Northwestern 13-0. Jackson lost ending there season at 12-2 and the next day the head coach was fired. Present day well they haven't made the playoffs but every year it seems like there's a new coach. I wouldn't be surprised if Bernice is gone next season completing a 3-7 record. Now I know Jackson isn't Central, Northwestern or Booker T. Washington but the expectations is on high at Jackson. The generals want to win fast and now. Another thing is the demographics has changed. Jackson once a overwhelming majority black school and then mixed is now 70% Hispanic and 30% Black which plays a factor into winning because of talent wise alumni don't understand that.

Franklin County.  Next to no community support, zero support from administration and players that have no football fundamentals upon entering high school. Recently fired their 6th coach in 10 years.  All time record  16-82

I PM'd you

Stanton (Jacksonville) and Paxon (Jacksonville) and Suncoast (Riveria Beach)... schools that are 100% academic magnets. The students have to be committed to academics first and athletics second. No easy classes to hide a star athlete. You have to take Advanced Placement or International Bacculaurreate courses your entire time. They occasionally get some good athletes, but putting together 50 of those types of players is hard for a football team.

Glades Central. They fired a coach that lost consecutive finals (to Cocoa). Most school would celebrate that, but it's seen as a failure to that community. Their fans blame the coach when the talent level is down (Last 2 seasons) or when they don't advance to the finals (Lost to Miami Booker T. Washington the last couple of years). It's state championship (WIN) or bust, and you better not lose to Pahokee, in 3 years or you're outta there...

I sat with some Glades Central fans when Trenton played at Pahokee and i can tell ya most of the guys i spoke with dont like Pahokee at ALL. LOL

I'm pretty sure some of them would like use to lose to Baker, so we won't have the upper hand in the trophy case. Right now we're tied at 6. 

LOL they way some of them folks talked about Pahokee i dont think respect was involved. 

LOL...Those same fans will be in Orlando this Thursday, betting the Pahokee fans that Baker will win. Some GC fans have rooted for Newberry, Trenton, and Madison since their season has been over. Especially when Pahokee went down against Newberry and Trenton.

Lake Placid -  A really small town that has next to no resources, no tradition, and a winning season like once in every 20 years.  

Bradenton Bayshore -  Early in the school's history they were good but years of losing and sharing the talent pool with 3 other nearby schools, nobody wants to go there.  

Bradenton Lakewood Ranch - Following Bayshore really quick.  My friends in Manatee say the school has lots of problems, and it shows with their athletic programs.  

Englewood Lemon Bay - For one the county line splits the town, so those on the north side can, and often do, choose to go to Venice.  Not the worse program in Florida, basically has a good team every four years and then has to start over.

Arcadia DeSoto - Was one time a powerhouse.  Could easily be again.  Probably the most political job in the state.  How the coach there now has lasted as long as he has is an achievement in itself.  BTW, look at all the other coaches that have been there and gone on to success elsewhere.

Deland Bulldogs

They are currently looking for their 10th head football coach this century. Nice little town, athletes out the a$$, long time business and fan support. Good coaches leave, others are forced out. What's up ? I've got some strong suspicions, but this probably isn't the proper forum to air them.