2017 Scheduling Notes

Cocoa2010

We probably would off the bat but we would eventually adjust to playing those South Florida teams

One of the many reasons Venice was slaughtered by STA was overall team speed.

Speed is not something you just play against once or twice a year ,and you will get better/faster.

You have to have the best defensive game plan for a team like STA and if the closing speed is not there - it doesn't matter. You need to have the personnel...

There was a player on Venice that was very hyped up coming into the game versus STA based on his speed ...in fact his nickname was " Speedy" .

Looked like a slightly above average RB speed-wise in SFL to me. Sorry, but STA alone probably had 3-5 RBs about his speed or greater...

Really Los, you gonna take shots at me for accually having loyalty to my team?

You gonna say im a mistake? Shows how you have no respect for any person who disagrees with you, you make your team look awful by what you say and wonder why everyone wants you all to lose so bad

What is funny is i have no issues with any sta fan on here, except for you and if you read their posts compared to yours its obvious why

In fact i refuse to continue to argue with someone who feels only way to win a argument is take shots at someone because they have a different opinion

At least in arguing with Zoe boy or broward they don't have to stoop to taking shots at someone personally, they let their football knowledge do the talking, something you can't seem to follow

Want facts?

669 wins one of only 5 programs to achieve that number

Sta not one of them

Columbia is

You don't get that many wins by being irrelevant or losers Like you say we are

Another fact top 15 in all time playoff games and 8th most playoff seasons in state of Florida

But we irrelevant? Huh right

Want facts?

669 wins one of only 5 programs to achieve that number

Sta not one of them

Columbia is

You don't get that many wins by being irrelevant or losers Like you say we are

Another fact top 15 in all time playoff games and 8th most playoff seasons in state of Florida

But we irrelevant? Huh right

If Columbia was relevant they wouldn't have:

669 wins and 1 State State Championship.

Top 15 in all-time playoff games and 1 State Championship.

8th most playoff seasons and 1 State Championship.

Am I making sense ?

Army and Navy probably have way more all-time wins then University of Miami...

Catch the drift?

If Columbia was relevant they wouldn't have:

669 wins and 1 State State Championship.

Top 15 in all-time playoff games and 1 State Championship.

8th most playoff seasons and 1 State Championship.

Am I making sense ?

Army and Navy probably have way more all-time wins then University of Miami...

Catch the drift?

Army and Navy are still programs that are respected despite not being championship caliber for a while

It's amazing that you're so stupid that you don't even understand that having a lot of wins just means that you've been around for a long time.

Columbia is one of the oldest football playing schools in the state and they only have one state championship.

Pathetic.

Uncalled for.  If you want to disagree that's fine but calling someone stupid because of devotion for their school is out of bounds.

Los - Uncalled for on your post. Either apologize to Columbiafan right here on this thread or you will be banned from the forums. You got 30 minutes from this time stamp...and while you are at it read the rules of the forums pinned on the top of the main page of this board.

Thanks Shark for defending Columbia.

It's amazing that you're so stupid that you don't even understand that having a lot of wins just means that you've been around for a long time.

Columbia is one of the oldest football playing schools in the state and they only have one state championship.

Pathetic.

If you can't be a civil human being get the hell off this forum you idiot.  :angry:

I think what some people, from large metropolitan areas in particular, fail to understand is just because a team doesn't have multiple state championships that they aren't worthy of respect for what they have accomplished over a long period of time. Florida has the third largest population in the country and within its borders contains over 600 high schools with a football team. To say that only the 5-8 state champions in any given year are the only teams relevant is dead wrong. Most of us on these Florida message boards could give a $hit how our state teams are perceived on a national level. With more then 10,000 schools it's all BS anyway, opinions supported by more opinions. Lake City, like Mainland and St Augustine only have one title each in their entire history's. But in D-1 talent rich Florida they have been in the top 10% of all state teams (top 60 out of 600) for more then 20 yrs (IMO). How can one honestly disparage, insult, and degrade any successful high schools like these or any number of others I can't think of at this late hour. The current American mentality that there's only one winner and everybody else is a loser is for...well loser's.              

I think what some people, from large metropolitan areas in particular, fail to understand is just because a team doesn't have multiple state championships that they aren't worthy of respect for what they have accomplished over a long period of time. Florida has the third largest population in the country and within its borders contains over 600 high schools with a football team. To say that only the 5-8 state champions in any given year are the only teams relevant is dead wrong. Most of us on these Florida message boards could give a $hit how our state teams are perceived on a national level. With more then 10,000 schools it's all BS anyway, opinions supported by more opinions. Lake City, like Mainland and St Augustine only have one title each in their entire history's. But in D-1 talent rich Florida they have been in the top 10% of all state teams (top 60 out of 600) for more then 20 yrs (IMO). How can one honestly disparage, insult, and degrade any successful high schools like these or any number of others I can't think of at this late hour. The current American mentality that there's only one winner and everybody else is a loser is for...well loser's.

Los like many others that use that mentality are part of teams that rarley lose because they so loaded in talent they expect any team to be able to do what they did, if Columbia had the d1 talent that sta has we would have several more championships but we don't, what makes us and those other programs you mention special is all 3 consistently put great years even if the talent is not as strong as say jax area or Tampa or broward or Dade county or even Palm Beach county

Winning a championship is not easy and sometimes in a state as talented across as Florida some very good teams fall just short of getting it

Uncalled for.  If you want to disagree that's fine but calling someone stupid because of devotion for their school is out of bounds.

I didn't call him stupid because of his devotion to his school and no reasonable person would conclude that after reading my post.

I called him stupid for (among other things) claiming that having 669 wins was proof that Columbia was relevant or good.

Los - Uncalled for on your post. Either apologize to Columbiafan right here on this thread or you will be banned from the forums. You got 30 minutes from this time stamp...and while you are at it read the rules of the forums pinned on the top of the main page of this board.

You are such a pussy. Nobody respects your authority.

First you grovel to Kyle Niblett and now this.

Pathetic.

Los has been banned. I gave Los 30 minutes and actually longer than that to respond and nothing. So time to move along now.

This is laughable.

I don't check this forum every 30 minutes and given the amount of traffic nobody else does either.

I only signed up to rip you regarding your cozy relationship with Kyle Niblett. You responded by deleting the thread like a typical paranoid ass-kisser would do.

Florida has the third largest population in the country and within its borders contains over 600 high schools with a football team. To say that only the 5-8 state champions in any given year are the only teams relevant is dead wrong.       

Given that Columbia achieved almost all of their accomplishments 25+ years (or more ago) when Florida was not the 3rd largest state your claim here is wrong.

When Columbia won their only state championship (1967) Florida was the 9th largest state and was similar to Alabama. When Florida was like Alabama, schools like Columbia were relevant. Now that Florida is Florida, well, not so much.