??? to Keiser; Kiffin to FAU; Strong to USF

SportsNut25

FAU: The Tampa Bay Times is reporting that Larry Scott interviewed last night for the vacant head coaching job. Scott is the former interim head coach of the Miami Hurricanes and he’s spent the past season coaching the tight ends at Tennessee. Other candidates that were heavily discussed earlier this month were Mario Cristobal (Alabama) and Randy Shannon (Florida). Luke Fickell (Ohio State) was believed to be the lead candidate but it appears he is strongly eyeing the Cinncy job instead. Jedd Fisch (Michigan), Eddie Gran (Kentucky) and Geoff Collins (Florida) were also talked about early on. 

USF: Top candidates for the USF job are Rich Bisacccia, Lawrence Dawsey, Lane Kiffin, Les Miles, Greg Schiano and Charlie Strong, according to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy. South Florida has named co-offensive coordinator T.J. Weist its interim head coach. 

Keiser: School is scheduled to have a head coach in place by the end of the month; at least that is what the timeline was supposed to be. No word if they are on track or not though. 

[H/T FootballScoop for the FAU & USF news]

Pulling a quote from FootballScoop regarding USF: 

"Charlie [strong] is in Tampa today, reports Josh Newberg of 247. Newberg states that no offer has been made yet but that could change today; but he adds that he doesn’t expect a deal to be reached today. Newberg adds that Willie Taggart has been in touch with Strong about joining the Oregon staff as defensive coordinator."

Quote from The Scoop:

"Sources tell FootballScoop, Michigan offensive coordinator Tim Drevno is a candidate for the head coaching position at FAU and we also hear tonight that Lane Kiffin might have come back to the table. Sources tell us tonight that a hire could be announced in the next 24-48 hours." 

Anyone have any guesses on who Keiser could be hiring? That should be coming out pretty soon since the school has said they would like to hire a football coach before the end of the month. 

My guess is someone who can type really fast