Championship Attendance

Cocoa2010

All ways been the closer schools to bring cowards. Lake Brantley, Boone, Apopka, Dr. Phillips and Seminole out of the Orlando area. I'm surprised 7A wasn't bigger with Plant being from Tampa not that far away either. Miami schools always bring crowds and Pahokee brought a lot for a small school shoot damn near whole city of Pahokee showed up.

Texas pays out of state teams pretty well to travel, where most Florida schools can not afford to pay Texas teams to come here and play unless it is a team like IMG or one of the better privates.

Texas Football is about the money as well as the program. They know to have a good program, it comes with a price tag, and losing money on a game isn't in their best interest.

The vast majority of Texas teams have no incentive to come to Florida. They make thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars on their home games. Why should they give that up to come play a Florida team? Even if they come to play Aquinas, IMG, Jax TCA, etc. 

Cali on the other hand -- well that's just cause the amount of distance between the two locations really. There are some smaller CA teams that are starting to look at a trip to Florida. Smaller schools but they do have pretty sizable athletic budgets/really good booster clubs. 

2015 and 2016 Attendance Comparisons: 

Class > 2015 > 2016 > +/-

1A > 2804 > 3870 > +1066

2A > 1825 > 1373 > -452

3A > 1864 > 2292 > +428

4A > 4280 > 3856 > -424

5A > 4457 > 3119 > -1338

6A > 3908 > 6715 > +2807

7A > 5390 > 4735 > -655

8A > 4550 > 7122 > +2572

ALL > 29,078 > 33,082 > +4004

2015 and 2016 Attendance Comparisons: 

Class > 2015 > 2016 > +/-

1A > 2804 > 3870 > +1066
2A > 1825 > 1373 > -452
3A > 1864 > 2292 > +428
4A > 4280 > 3856 > -424
5A > 4457 > 3119 > -1338
6A > 3908 > 6715 > +2807
7A > 5390 > 4735 > -655
8A > 4550 > 7122 > +2572

ALL > 29,078 > 33,082 > +4004

Thanks for doing this..was going to post it...so yes attendance up slightly which is better than nothing.

I think I would say look for the FHSAA to possibly start having an all-day ticket next year. They have been doing this in other sports and now the FHSAA having the football finals finally in all one-weekend will likely allow for this to happen. The only reason they couldn't do it this year was the contract changes that had to be made thanks to the moves made by the ACC.

I was there and i dont think that is correct, Baker had at least 1200 to 1500 fans.  

Tigerfan1 are you serious? Are were you high on pain medication when you were at this game? Baker (may have) had 200 people there. But I can understand that, that was a 400 mile trek for them. Just make sure Trenton is ready next year.