Championship Attendance

Cocoa2010

Tigerfan1 are you serious? Are were you high on pain medication when you were at this game? Baker (may have) had 200 people there. But I can understand that, that was a 400 mile trek for them. Just make sure Trenton is ready next year.

You need to put down the crack pipe and open you eyes, Pahokee did have more fans but Baker showed up and supported there team. 200 Really?  

You need to put down the crack pipe and open you eyes, Pahokee did have more fans but Baker showed up and supported there team. 200 Really?  

I was there and Baker had a decent turnout.

Lol...Sorry about that Tigerfan1. Forgive my passion. I'm a die hard Pahokee Blue Devil fan.

Looks like you and "Joshua Wilson" must have been sitting together.

2015 and 2016 Attendance Comparisons: 

Class > 2015 > 2016 > +/-

1A > 2804 > 3870 > +1066

2A > 1825 > 1373 > -452

3A > 1864 > 2292 > +428

4A > 4280 > 3856 > -424

5A > 4457 > 3119 > -1338

6A > 3908 > 6715 > +2807

7A > 5390 > 4735 > -655

8A > 4550 > 7122 > +2572

ALL > 29,078 > 33,082 > +4004

Do you notice where the increases came.

Yes, the 5 of 6 teams that played on Saturday, a day off for most, were teams making the championships for the first time in this decade. That attendance was up almost 6,000 playing bodies. Thursday/Friday, work day games were down 2,000.

That's exactly what it is. If we took the friday and saturday games by themselves this year had a sizable increase in attendance. And I would easily wager those Thursday games would be WAY higher if they weren't on Thursday.

In Texas people show up and support. Alumni, students, community and so fourth but with Florida I don't understand. On a regular in Texas people come out for games not necessarily playoffs, but with Florida it seems like unless it's rival people don't show.

Texas, historically, has been a more traditional state, with far fewer migrants there on a transitory basis (I guess in the last few decades not as much with the inflow of Mexican migrants). Florida's metro areas have always had large population inflows/outflows, so loyalty to school is not much of a tradition. Most of the larger class schools are from metro areas. With respect to the more stable smaller towns, the commitment to high school football exists. Unfortunately, Orlando is not very close to most of these schools.

Holding the smaller school finals in Tallahassee 1a and 2a would probably help. Yes, it would be a much longer ride for Pahokee, but for most of the other schools it would be much shorter or at worst no longer. And Pahokee's fan base would probably turn out anyway, as they tend to be rabid about their football. For 3a nothing much can be done, as the Privates, almost universally, do not have a big travelling fan base. 

With the larger classes, it almost always depends on which schools make it. Given the way 8a is currently set up, it pretty much makes sense to have it in either South Florida (Dade or Broward) or Orlando, as for the most part since its creation, the finalists come from those two areas. 

I think Texas does a better job of marketing the finals as well, plus they have a all day pass or a all finals pass and folks can make a entire day of it with out having to exit the stadium and wait 2 hours or more to get back in. Old folks like me cant walk 5 miles a day or stand on there feet for hours to get back into a the stadium for the next game.   

In Texas people show up and support. Alumni, students, community and so fourth but with Florida I don't understand. On a regular in Texas people come out for games not necessarily playoffs, but with Florida it seems like unless it's rival people don't show.

I don't understand why people consider Texas to be competition to Florida

Unless they wanna come on our turf they not competition to us

I call out Any texas team to come here to tiger stadium and play us if Texas wants a go at the winningest North Florida program we right here and ready to go

Anytime

I call out Any texas team to come here to tiger stadium and play us if Texas wants a go at the winningest North Florida program we right here and ready to go

Anytime

Going off the Laz Index, the best team in North Florida would be Bolles. Columbia doesnt even make the top 20 when braking it down into Panhandle, North, Northwest, and Northeast. And his data goes back over 50 years.

669 wins is more wins then any north team and last time we were on field with Bolles we showed what happens when they go up against a team who can out physical them

Part of reason Ik Bolles would lose to cocoa

Because i knew cocoa would be able to do what we did to Bolles and the scores of both games showed Bolles struggles when they face a physical team who can stop the run

Anytime

Florida have proven plenty times to beat Texas on their field.. Its all about money with them which I learn to understand now... So if Texas don't come here oh well. We have teams that always willing to play them at their home field anytime... As far as Columbia goes ,please ain't nobody stunting Columbia.... Yall act like a Texas team , once y'all have to travel past 1hr trip y'all scream broke ...

So I would keep quiet on that Department.......

Florida have proven plenty times to beat Texas on their field.. Its all about money with them which I learn to understand now... So if Texas don't come here oh well. We have teams that always willing to play them at their home field anytime... As far as Columbia goes ,please ain't nobody stunting Columbia.... Yall act like a Texas team , once y'all have to travel past 1hr trip y'all scream broke ...

So I would keep quiet on that Department.......

Yup apopka within a hour from us

So is escambia and Lincoln

But i must have bad eyesight and geography lol sure 😂

Anytime

You obviously need some education about Texas football.

Outside of individual and top tier team talent, Florida can't hold Texas's jockstrap when it comes to HS Football.

We have a few "programs" here and Texas has hundreds of "programs".

Sorry to break the news but there are probably a couple hundred Texas PROGRAMS that will beat your Lake City TEAM just for fun . Columbia is not a "program" in/ or compared to Texas - that has true programs.

The depth in Texas is superior to FL with the teams. The 100th best team in Texas compared to the 100th best team in FL is no comparison. Columbia is a 2nd round playoff team, let's hope a few TX posters don't get wind of your comments and make complete comedy about Columbia football. There are a few teams in the state of FL that can call out Texas football- Columbia should just stick to calling out Lee for now..

You call Columbia's Home Field Tiger Stadium a "Stadium" ?- that piece of junk is a middle school facility at best in Texas. Your Tiger Stadium would not have the ability to host a top 100 Texas HS football game with their fan bases. You have no idea ...

Again, outside of individual talent and a few of the top teams in Florida there is NOTHING better about Florida HS football compared to Texas HS football. Nothing. They have full fledged programs there - it is no comparison.

Get over "North Central" FL football on national topics - it makes no sense.

669 wins is more wins then any north team and last time we were on field with Bolles we showed what happens when they go up against a team who can out physical them

Part of reason Ik Bolles would lose to cocoa

Because i knew cocoa would be able to do what we did to Bolles and the scores of both games showed Bolles struggles when they face a physical team who can stop the run

Let me get this right.... You just said " Cocoa would be able to do what we did"

LOL...yeah Cocoa was good enough to do what Columbia did...- they are that good ;-)

You obviously need some education about Texas football.

Outside of individual and top tier team talent, Florida can't hold Texas's jockstrap when it comes to HS Football.

We have a few "programs" here and Texas has hundreds of "programs".

Sorry to break the news but there are probably a couple hundred Texas PROGRAMS that will beat your Lake City TEAM just for fun . Columbia is not a "program" in/ or compared to Texas - that has true programs.

The depth in Texas is superior to FL with the teams. The 100th best team in Texas compared to the 100th best team in FL is no comparison. Columbia is a 2nd round playoff team, let's hope a few TX posters don't get wind of your comments and make complete comedy about Columbia football. There are a few teams in the state of FL that can call out Texas football- Columbia should just stick to calling out Lee for now..

You call Columbia's Home Field Tiger Stadium a "Stadium" ?- that piece of junk is a middle school facility at best in Texas. Your Tiger Stadium would not have the ability to host a top 100 Texas HS football game with their fan bases. You have no idea ...

Again, outside of individual talent and a few of the top teams in Florida there is NOTHING better about Florida HS football compared to Texas HS football. Nothing. They have full fledged programs there - it is no comparison.

Get over "North Central" FL football on national topics - it makes no sense.

Dude have you ever been to Tiger Stadium?