Championship Attendance

Cocoa2010

Over 40,000 watched DeSoto vs Steele tonight in Dallas.

Yeah. Texas turns out to watch their teams.

Well it does also help when you have several generations going to one school. A good portion of Florida doesnt have that. That's where all the extreme love comes from; the history with the teams of the past and the connections they have with the current teams.

I know for me and I wasn't in attendance but the soul bowl game with Northwestern and Jackson had 47,000 at the Orange Bowl. This game was a playoff game and took place in 1998 and the attention crowd were people from both schools. Since the 1998 soul bowl game and maybe I'm wrong and just speaking for Miami, but there hasn't been a game since with that type of attendance.

I know its calpreps and not very accurate but they do have our 100th best team (St. Petersburg) losing to Texas's 100th best team (Magnolia) 31 to 30 on the field. But the attendance is projected at 1,000 (St. Petersburg) to 100,000 (Magnolia) in the bleachers.........I know we are even on the field because of our athletes but they kick our butt every friday night in tradition and community support

I have a friend that coached here in Florida that moved to a 5A school in Texas. He said that they would'nt make the playoffs here if they were in the same district in Florida where he coached. But he did say that they have a turf game field, turf practice fields(yes more than one), 50 yard indoor practice facility, and a jumbo tron that shows replays during the game. He also said that their stadium was 5 times bigger than the town of Lake City where Columbia High School calls home....

Allen (TX) has a student enrollment of 5900 and an average home attendance of 14387.  For comparison Trenton has a student poplation of 358 so if they average 895 attendance at home then they equal Allen but they probably average 2 to 3 times that.  Basically what my point is that the large schools in Texas have the type of community support that we see in 1A but our large schools aren't getting support.  

I have a friend that coached here in Florida that moved to a 5A school in Texas. He said that they would'nt make the playoffs here if they were in the same district in Florida where he coached. But he did say that they have a turf game field, turf practice fields(yes more than one), 50 yard indoor practice facility, and a jumbo tron that shows replays during the game. He also said that their stadium was 5 times bigger than the town of Lake City where Columbia High School calls home....

That would be false now

Guarantee you their stadium is not bigger then lake city is right now

Even Jerry world not bigger then lake city

That would be false now

Guarantee you their stadium is not bigger then lake city is right now

Even Jerry world not bigger then lake city

https://suburbanstats.org/population/florida/how-many-people-live-in-lake-city

Jerry's World would eat Lake City up 8 times and spit it out for Lee and Viera to feast on leftovers!

There are several High Schools stadiums in Texas that would eat your little 12,100 town of Lake City up  and use it as manure for future Texas High School football fields !

Allen High School is coming for you columbiahighfan2016!

hqdefault.jpg

Florida high schools are not even in the same galaxy as Texas when it comes to facility's. Some JR colleges dont even compare to Texas High Schools.   

As far as facilities go we will never match Texas there is too much money there.  Our big problem in attendance however lack of people in the community identifying with the larger schools.  Our larger schools are newer in growing areas where most people moved there from somewhere else and have no allegiance to the school. Every time I visit my parents in the Tampa area it seems I drive past a brand new school. I grew up in Brandon their games were always packed of course they had 5000 students at the time and the school had been there long enough that my father had graduated from there. I went to Armwood and our games were always packed. To be fair it seemed like everywhere we played was standing room only (Lakeland, Plant City, Bartow, Haines City, Hillsborough etc

As far as facilities go we will never match Texas there is too much money there. Our big problem in attendance however lack of people in the community identifying with the larger schools. Our larger schools are newer in growing areas where most people moved there from somewhere else and have no allegiance to the school. Every time I visit my parents in the Tampa area it seems I drive past a brand new school. I grew up in Brandon their games were always packed of course they had 5000 students at the time and the school had been there long enough that my father had graduated from there. I went to Armwood and our games were always packed. To be fair it seemed like everywhere we played was standing room only (Lakeland, Plant City, Bartow, Haines City, Hillsborough etc

But Sharkbait...Have you even been to a game at Tiger Stadium? ;-)

It is truly like nothing else!

https://suburbanstats.org/population/florida/how-many-people-live-in-lake-city

Jerry's World would eat Lake City up 8 times and spit it out for Lee and Viera to feast on leftovers!

There are several High Schools stadiums in Texas that would eat your little 12,100 town of Lake City up and use it as manure for future Texas High School football fields !

Allen High School is coming for you columbiahighfan2016!

hqdefault.jpg

Lake city is several miles across

No Stadium has that much of a size to be larger then lake city

But Sharkbait...Have you even been to a game at Tiger Stadium? ;-)

It is truly like nothing else!

No I haven't.  I am not trying to take anything away from them, high school football there is almost a religion.  We will never be on their level of support.  It just seems like we were a lot closer to Texas 30 years ago than we are now.  On the flip side I think we are producing better players and 30 years ago Texas was.  

You know it's bad when are private schools such as Bolles, Bishop Moore, American Heritage Plantation/Delray, St. Thomas, Cardinal Gibbons, Belen Jesuit and so fourth suppose to have all this money yet public schools in Texas would put us to shame. I'm not even talking about Allen high school. Desoto and Cedar Hill both have good facilities and both are majority black schools.

You know it's bad when are private schools such as Bolles, Bishop Moore, American Heritage Plantation/Delray, St. Thomas, Cardinal Gibbons, Belen Jesuit and so fourth suppose to have all this money yet public schools in Texas would put us to shame. I'm not even talking about Allen high school. Desoto and Cedar Hill both have good facilities and both are majority black schools.

Gotta blame the administration which in Florida is very questionable

How do these schools here expect to win if you fire coaches every year and pay them basically nothing

but also football not only sport supported here like it is in Texas