Rivalries: List your favorite rivalry and why

Joshua Wilson

@muckboy561 Oh yeah....... the muck bowl good classic game but they've went down hill for a while now. Pahokee sucks I don't know if it's the coaching staff or the talent has left and Glades Central is a little better but they still need some work. Glades Central over the last 3 years have lost to a Miami school in the playoffs. 2011 Norland, 2012 Jackson and 2013 Booker T. Washington. Overall the muck bowl has had some good games.

GC IS GONNA RESPOND BACK WITH FULL FORCE THIS SEASON I CANT WAIT TILL THE SEASON START #QUESTFOR7

If Booker T. Washington is the same as last year and some might argue that they may be even better then Glades Central won't have an ounce of a shot. Oh yeah even when Glades Central was good or so-so they lost to 7 Miami schools. Pace, Norland, Jackson and Booker T. Washington playoff games and Northwestern, Central and Carol City preseason games.

DILLARD VS ELY.! WILL ALWAYS BE 1 OF THE MOST HEATED AND GRIMIEST RILVAL GAMES THATS WHY IT IS KNOWN AS THE MINI CLASSICS BECUASE DILLARD IMITATE BETHUNE AND ELY IMITATE FAMU AND WITH THE HUGE CROWD INISDE AND OUT BANDS GOIN AT IT ALL 4 QT'S AND THE GENUINE HATE ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD..SMH CANT GET ANY BETTER NO PLACE I RATHER BE ON THAT SATURDAY NIGHT.

If Booker T. Washington is the same as last year and some might argue that they may be even better then Glades Central won't have an ounce of a shot. Oh yeah even when Glades Central was good or so-so they lost to 7 Miami schools. Pace, Norland, Jackson and Booker T. Washington playoff games and Northwestern, Central and Carol City preseason games.

we use to own pace back in the day. Norland since duke left they fell off. Jackson sucks no comment. BTW payback is u know what. NW and Central we beat them. Carol city beat us.

we use to own pace back in the day. Norland since duke left they fell off. Jackson sucks no comment. BTW payback is u know what. NW and Central we beat them. Carol city beat us. 

The past is the past it doesnt matter if you owned Pace then. Also payback may be a $^#$* but you arent getting any of it vs BTW in 2014 sorry but those are facts 

The past is the past it doesnt matter if you owned Pace then. Also payback may be a $^#$* but you arent getting any of it vs BTW in 2014 sorry but those are facts 

Booker T Washington half their team and the head coach is gone so it might be a different story if we meet again

@muckboy561 Well Glades Central must suck to if they lost to Jackson and yaw was home and for the preseason games unless yaw played them in a regular season game before these preseason games but Glades Central did loose to Northwestern and Central. As for Pace from what I can recall since 2004 you are even at 2-2. Look your dwelling on the past and this is the future and Booker T. Washington won't be shut down.

@muckboy561 Well Glades Central must suck to if they lost to Jackson and yaw was home and for the preseason games unless yaw played them in a regular season game before these preseason games but Glades Central did loose to Northwestern and Central. As for Pace from what I can recall since 2004 you are even at 2-2. Look your dwelling on the past and this is the future and Booker T. Washington won't be shut down.

BTW WILL BE SHUT DOWN AND THAT GOES FOR UNIVERSITY TOO

• 1 month later...

No doubt you can't mention great rivalries without talking about Raines/Ribault and Palatka/St. Augustine.

Raines and Ribault are a block from each other, Ribault use to be the predominant white school, while Raines was the predominant black school. Since the late 70s, this rivalry played on Saturday afternoon every year, features kids who grew up on the same block and attended the same church but represent either Carolina Blue or Maroon Red. The two attend church the Sunday before the game, they have a parade the day of the game that winds around the same neighborhoods and battle it out in several sports during the week like basketball, volleyball and soccer, etc. The Northwest Classic Trophy is at stake each year as is a district title making this one of the best games to attend every year in the Jacksonville area.        

The states second oldest rivalry is played every year between Palatka and St. Augustine. The two small towns go all out for this game each year and not only honor the home schools senior class but the visitor senior class as well. While no trophy is at stake, the two are often in the same district and playing for a playoff spot on the line.  

The attendance is jam packed probably 6000-7000 in the game and another 3,000-5,000 out tailgating around the stadium and in the streets. Its a huge block party with DJs, grills, alumni gatherings and wild parties. The game starts at 2 if you are not in the stadium by 12:30 you won't find a seat.        

@Corey_Davis The reason I was asked is and I'm sure you've heard this before or read on here but the soul bowl game down here in Miami. Northwestern and Jackson have been playing since 1967, while one year they had up to about 47,000 people which back then I know that number was accurate because the game was played at the Orange Bowl and tailgating wasn't allowed. I heard about the Northwest Classic but down here we couldn't do that being that none of the Miami schools have their own stadium on campus, so whatever stadium they used they had to comply with the rules. Now the Orange Bowl tailgating wasn't allowed and if so I believe you had to be done by a certain and all in attendance had to be inside the stadium if they were watching the game. As of now the game will draw between 6,000-8,000 the most.

• 4 months later...

I will say Aquinas/Cardinal Gibbons was a good rivalry. Two main Catholic HS' in Broward County....however once CG dropped STA from their football schedule the rivalry lost a lot of its edge.

If they played today the teams on the field would not be close, but the crowds would be pretty good sized I think. However, with Gibbons not having a visitor side I wonder how it'd work if Aquinas started playing them again. 

Anyways, maybe one day we can get back to whooping some Chief tail on the football field! 

• 3 weeks later...