Rivalries: List your favorite rivalry and why

Joshua Wilson

• 1 month later...

those 2 have been good last few years but I have a question for you, if they faced off last week of season and they were both 0-9 would people still care about game, what im trying to say is if it was not for the fact that these 2 are top 10 in national ranking last few years, would anyone call this a rivalry, im not sure but then again I don't live in Miami so I don't know how big of a rivary it is

@Columbiahighfan Don't know if this can help you but I'll try my best. Booker T. Washington opened as a black school in 1926 and Central open in 1959 and became majority black in 1977 I'd wanna say. Booker T. went from 1967-1999 as a middle school then reopened as a high school 1999-2000 year. I don't know if they played each other back in the days, however present day starts from 2008. Central can easily drop 15,000 Booker T. I don't think can maybe 7,000. Anyways the last 2 years game's between them were good and both came in the top 2 teams in Florida and both were in the top 25. Over the last 8 years every game has been close except one year where Central won 17-0. As far as rivalry goes these are the best in Miami and running Miami at that. Now they don't have the classic battles at the Orange Bowl, Traz Powell or even FIU or 25,000 plus attendance crowd, but Traz Powell of the present is bringing some exciting games. Another thing I wanna add in is people only come out if you're winning. From the last 8 year's Central record is 80-12 with 4 state titles Booker T. record is 83-11 with 4 state titles and a national title.

then that means its only a rivary by completion, I look at a rivary that if a team does nothing else they would care about tat rivary game which u cant get in cities like Miami or tampa or Jacksonville

the kind of rivarys I am talking about generally only come in small towns, similar for Columbia vs suwannee neither team will be 0-9 ever but if it happened it would still mean something and this is a huge rivary in north central florida with 2 very successful teams, Suwanee has a past dynasty, Columbia has better overall history and right now Columbia has not lost since 07 in this rivary

@Columbiahighfan Do you know what goes on in Miami? It's so much going on that people don't have time to waste on a high school football game when there school is playing like crap. Now I do believe people should come out regardless but that's not gonna happen. I don't know how small towns work being that I'm from Miami, but down here it's way different.

He is right. In Miami if you are not winning they will not show up plain and simple. Also slick I think BTW/Central draws more than 10K to Traz Powell I'd say north of 15K most years at least recently. 

However, if you are not winning and you're in SFLA they'll stay at home or go out on the town because there is a lot to do down there why would you spend your time watching a team that is 0-9 when you can go enjoy the night? 

@columbiahighfan Your from North Florida so I'm sure you know about the Northwest Classic between Raines and Ribault. I won't say powerhouse because they aren't but they've been playing each other since 1970 if I'm not mistaken and they both can come in 0-9 with tons of people coming out. Like I stated before unless you're winning down here in Miami you won't get big crowds. Usually 1st games are packed like when Carol City and Northwestern would play but now there in the same district so it's usually the 3rd or 4th game of the season. I won't speak on the white, Hispanic or mixed schools but for the black ones you gotta be winning no if and buts about it.

@StaRaiders2014 You're wrong on the calculations. Traz Powell can only hope 10,000 now Central could bring that themselves along now Booker T. Washington can't. For over 32 years Booker T. was a middle school so for them they won't have alumni throughout the late 60's-1999. There alumni won't pick up until 2002 which is the graduating class back at the school. The only way they can pull 8,000-10,000 plus is if people who went there for middle school come back and show support.

@StaRaiders2014 You're wrong on the calculations. Traz Powell can only hope 10,000 now Central could bring that themselves along now Booker T. Washington can't. For over 32 years Booker T. was a middle school so for them they won't have alumni throughout the late 60's-1999. There alumni won't pick up until 2002 which is the graduating class back at the school. The only way they can pull 8,000-10,000 plus is if people who went there for middle school come back and show support.

My bad slick. I'm bad at judging crowds truthfully. It could be 10,000 but I'll think it's 15,000+ but either way you are right!

The Crestview vs Niceville rivalry. Crestview actually beat Niceville two years ago in 2013 to end a 31 year drought. Anytime the bulldogs go against the eagles, I have to root for Crestview, although I support Niceville making runs in state. 

Why? Rivalry goes back for 30 years, and I'm from Crestview

that sounds like a unusall type of rivary and did u say 31 year drought, if that so I respect u all for keeping them on schedule, some teams with long losing streaks consider and even cancel their rivaries both are in panhandle we have played Niceville bf but don't think we have every played crestview but interesting hearing about the amount of rivaries out there

Don't forget about the ppl that are standing and that's downstairs or outside the gate of the north end zone lol...