Rivalries: List your favorite rivalry and why

Joshua Wilson

One of the biggest rivalries would have to be Northwestern and Jackson and the annual game is known as the soul bowl game. Back in the days both teams were good and marching bands. Not to mention, both were in the same district ranked in Florida numbers 1 and 2 and one year they had 48,000 people show up to they game. As of now the game has went downhill due to the bands and football. Now the rivalry is with Northwestern and Central or Northwestern and Carol City. In Broward I see Miramar and Cypress Bay and Miramar and St. Thomas Aquinas, which by the way these are the 3 top teams in Broward. Also I hear Blanche Ely and Dillard is a good rivalry which is known as the soul bowl game, but I don't know to much about those schools. Oh last but not least is the

annual muck bowl between Pahokee and Glades Central which is a good one and a documentary was even aired on them on espn.

Ooooo a Miramar fan! Welcome Aboard mrslick! I have to agree with you on Miami Northwestern v Miami Jackson...if I recall a jackson coach was FIRED because he lost to NW in the regional final by a point...well he "resigned" I believe that was in the mid-late 90s. Also Miramar STA over the last 3yrs is really becoming one of the better games in Broward year in and yr out

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT STA @MR SLICK MIRMAR AND STA GAMES DO BE EXCITING I DONT EVEN ROOT FOR EAITHER SCHOOL BUT EVERY YEAR I'M READY FOR THAT MATCH.....WELL LEMME STOP LYIN SORRT STA! YOUR COOL LOL BUT IF ANY TEAM IN BROWARD BEATS YOU GUYS WHATEVER YEAR IT IS I'M HAPPY LOL...BUT AS FAR AS IN RILVARIES IN BROWARD HANDS DOWN SOUL BOWL IS STILL NUMBER 1 YOU GUYS MAY NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU DIDNT GO TO EAITHER SCHOOL LIKE MRSLICK WAS SAYING BUT YOU STA YOU WHATS UP WITH IT YOU STAYED IN POMPANO SO  KNOW ALL ABOUT IT AND THE MAGNITUDE OF LAST GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON HATED RIVALS YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES DOWN

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT STA @MR SLICK MIRMAR AND STA GAMES DO BE EXCITING I DONT EVEN ROOT FOR EAITHER SCHOOL BUT EVERY YEAR I'M READY FOR THAT MATCH.....WELL LEMME STOP LYIN SORRT STA! YOUR COOL LOL BUT IF ANY TEAM IN BROWARD BEATS YOU GUYS WHATEVER YEAR IT IS I'M HAPPY LOL...BUT AS FAR AS IN RILVARIES IN BROWARD HANDS DOWN SOUL BOWL IS STILL NUMBER 1 YOU GUYS MAY NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU DIDNT GO TO EAITHER SCHOOL LIKE MRSLICK WAS SAYING BUT YOU STA YOU WHATS UP WITH IT YOU STAYED IN POMPANO SO  KNOW ALL ABOUT IT AND THE MAGNITUDE OF LAST GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON HATED RIVALS YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES DOWN

Miramar has gotten us the last few yrs, however in 2012 we were still able to win it all so a loss to the patriots does not mean the season is over just means we wont be going undefeated which is extremely tough to do in any region of florida

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

I SEE DILLARD GOING 10-0 AT THE WORST 9-1 I REALLY SEE US SHOCKING ST THOMAS TON IGHT WITH OUR DETERMINATION & OUR WILL TO WIN THIS GAME..WILL WE WIN?? NOBODY KNOWS BUT I DO HAVE THIS GUT FEELING THAT ITS GOING TO BE WAAAAAAY CLOSER THEN WHAT PPL THANK

@ Dhs_Panthers I agree with you on Dillard going 10-0 or 9-1, but what's your opinion on them moving from 5A to 6A which now the competition get's tougher in the playoffs. The 1st round for Dillard could be against Carol City, Central or Northwestern, I say these three teams because they're the best in they district which only 2 will come out. 

@ StaRaiders2014 Your right and that game has been played since 1967 which at that point they were the only black schools in Miami until the 80"s.The coach from Jackson did get fired that year and I think it was because Jackson hadn't beaten Northwestern since 1987, so your talking about beating a school and going to states in the same year which would of been 1st in school's history that would of been huge. 

@ StaRaiders2014 Your right and that game has been played since 1967 which at that point they were the only black schools in Miami until the 80"s.The coach from Jackson did get fired that year and I think it was because Jackson hadn't beaten Northwestern since 1987, so your talking about beating a school and going to states in the same year which would of been 1st in school's history that would of been huge. 

True true....but the fact that a coach who had a very successful yr got fired over a game like that granted the 0-for record vs NW is quite something....always great rivalries in Miami never have to drive far to find one

• 5 months later...

post-22213-0-40485800-1392918162_thumb.jpg

Leesburg vs Eustis

This rivalry is one of the nation's longest running rivalry. The school are only a 15 minute ride across the Dead River Bridge. The two schools litterally hate each other and you can throw out the records when these to get together. The 1986 game was stopped early in the fourth quarter after a brawl by both teams on the field. The schools were banned by the FHSAA from playing each other for the next five years. READ MORE ABOUT THE RIVALRY HERE:

This article was provided by Gerald Lacey
Gerald Lacey is the senior sports writer covering Leesburg High School Sports for the Carver Heights Quarterback Club. You can reach him at:
geraldlacey@leesburgyellowjacketsfootball.com
post-22213-0-40485800-1392918162_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

We got a neighborhood rivalry north miami vs north miami beach.. This game easily dew a nice big crowd. Not close to northwestern central or central booker t.... Another rivalry is Norland vs Carol City and I think Carol city should play miramar as a rivalry game since those two schools are so close by each other...

We got a neighborhood rivalry north miami vs north miami beach.. This game easily dew a nice big crowd. Not close to northwestern central or central booker t.... Another rivalry is Norland vs Carol City and I think Carol city should play miramar as a rivalry game since those two schools are so close by each other...

I AGREE WITH YOU WITH NORTH MIAMI VS NMB....PIONEERS VS CHARGERS LAST YEAR THE PIONEERS HAD A AWESOME SEASON MATTER OF FACT I THINK THE BEST IN SCHOOL HISTORY .....NICE NEW UNIFORMS TO THE ALL OVER GREY 1'S GO HARD.

Them unis is hard! I'm jealous! Lol! But besides the 00 year and the early 90's that was they best year....

HELL YA BRA WHEN I PLAYED FOOTBALL WE PLAYED NORTH MIAMI A COUPLE TIMES AT FIU NORTH CUZ DEY DIDNT HAVE A OWN FOOTBALL STADIUM AND WE PUT SUEM ON DAT AZZ EVERYTIME BUT NAAA 4 REAL DOE I BLEED FOOTBALL YA FEEL ME AND IM GLAD AND THANKFUL TO HAVE BEEN APART 1 OF THE MOST KNOWN NATIONAL RILVAL GAMES....DILLARD VS ELY....LOOK IT UP....AND IF U GOT F.B OR INSTAGRAM I AH SHOW U VIDEOS FOO...

HELL YA BRA WHEN I PLAYED FOOTBALL WE PLAYED NORTH MIAMI A COUPLE TIMES AT FIU NORTH CUZ DEY DIDNT HAVE A OWN FOOTBALL STADIUM AND WE PUT SUEM ON DAT AZZ EVERYTIME BUT NAAA 4 REAL DOE I BLEED FOOTBALL YA FEEL ME AND IM GLAD AND THANKFUL TO HAVE BEEN APART 1 OF THE MOST KNOWN NATIONAL RILVAL GAMES....DILLARD VS ELY....LOOK IT UP....AND IF U GOT F.B OR INSTAGRAM I AH SHOW U VIDEOS FOO...

Yea I'm on Instagram screen name is snoop_zoe305... Lol we played y'all back in 00 in the first round of the playoffs.. With better coaching I honestly think we would if beat y'all.. Yea I know about the soul bowl up there with ely and Dillard. I use to coach with a ely alum name Charles Hafely. He was bragging to us about ely and broward football cause he was coaching we a bunch of dudes including me that played in dade county lol.. Same as you I bleed football and I'm happy I'm played down here... Before Jackson fell of a bit y'all soul bowl was not touch Jackson vs northwestern soul bowl. I mean that game use to bring out numbers.. They even had it at pro player stadium one year in the early 2000...

@ Zoe Boy how's the swamp dogs/ pioneers alumni do yaw come out in numbers and yes I know yaw not as strong as Northwestern, Central and Carol City. Another thing I've never heard of the Zoe bowl now you just made that up lol..... and I see you made the transition from the other site to this one or are you going to frequent from one another.

@09mrslick that game it's not officially called the Zoe Bowl.. Amongst the kids and the two hoods we call it the Zoe bowl cause the two schools have a lot of Haitian kids that attend these schools and you know the nick name for Haitians are zoe. Lol are alumni base are good we have a good drawing at certain games. But it ain't like back in the days when mostly all the games would be on swoll and you can say that for a lot if schools down here. Yes I'm gonna be on both sites. I know most of the guys from the rival site. I followed dj to his site lol but I never knew we had a florida version of dj site and I'm glad cause the florida rivals site decline me to join their site and I'm a member of canes sports smh. I think they did not want no more south florida guys on their site! Screw them anyways I'm vibing this site.

Yea I'm on Instagram screen name is snoop_zoe305... Lol we played y'all back in 00 in the first round of the playoffs.. With better coaching I honestly think we would if beat y'all.. Yea I know about the soul bowl up there with ely and Dillard. I use to coach with a ely alum name Charles Hafely. He was bragging to us about ely and broward football cause he was coaching we a bunch of dudes including me that played in dade county lol.. Same as you I bleed football and I'm happy I'm played down here... Before Jackson fell of a bit y'all soul bowl was not touch Jackson vs northwestern soul bowl. I mean that game use to bring out numbers.. They even had it at pro player stadium one year in the early 2000...

BRAAA SOWL BOWL DOWN HERE DO DOUBLE NUMBERS BETTER ASK AROUND BUT WHEN IT COME DOWN TO IT ALMSOT EVERY SCHOOL...IN SOUTH FLORIDA HAVE THERE OWN RIVALRIES WEATHER THERE KNOWN OR NOT ...OH YEA I JUST SENT YOU A REQUEST ON I.G MY NAME SINGLE_AZZ_DREAD....BUT YEA BRA WEN IT COME TO DIS FOOTBALL iSHH I LOVE IT I CANT WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON IN AUGUST...DEY ALREADY FINA TEASE ME WIT DIS SPRING GAME COMING IP IN 2 WEEKS.!

@ Zoe Boy how's the swamp dogs/ pioneers alumni do yaw come out in numbers and yes I know yaw not as strong as Northwestern, Central and Carol City. Another thing I've never heard of the Zoe bowl now you just made that up lol..... and I see you made the transition from the other site to this one or are you going to frequent from one another.

LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE JIT LOL BUT NAAA 4 REAL DOE WATS BEEN GOOD SLICK LONG TIME NO SEE U READY 4 FOOTBALL DIS SEASON.!