Rivalries: List your favorite rivalry and why

Joshua Wilson

What is your favorite rivalry game? What makes it standout to you among other rivalry games. List them here!

For myself I have several of them because it was about pride and fun of taking on your next door neighbor literally (that is what it felt like to me at least).

Those are:

Middleburg vs Ridgeview

Middleburg vs Clay

Middleburg vs Fleming Island

• 5 months later...

Guest bulldog

My favorite rivalry is the taylor county-madison game!

Because it is a game that has all of the big hits, it used to be a game where it didnot matter who won or lost but who could hit the hardest!

• 3 months later...

Fleming Island vs. Clay County schools

There is no better feeling than beating up on your neighbors

Sad to see the Fleming Island and First Coast games come to an end. Everytime our two schools played it was an instant classic.

Fleming Island vs. Clay County schools

There is no better feeling than beating up on your neighbors

Sad to see the Fleming Island and First Coast games come to an end. Everytime our two schools played it was an instant classic.

You are right and how Clay County has grown over the last 20 years it has built up some neighborhood (or cross-county) showdowns.

Remember for a long time it was Orange Park, Clay and Keystone Heights, then came Middleburg. Eventually Ridgeview converted from junior high to high school. Fleming Island finally grew up (well built should I say) and then now you have Oakleaf. Keystone rarely plays anyone else in Clay County now. But, overall I believe it is all good how things are now for the Clay County teams.

Guest backjudgedeen

well I live in Ocala, and back when I was back in high school the big rivalry used to be Ocala Forest vs Ocala Vanguard always seemed to be like the whole city would show up, these teams hated each other big time, Booster Stadium was always packed, no where to sit, nowhere to park your car, too bad most all high school football games couldn't have that problem,lots of fun and good memories and good games too.

quick side note, every Friday night when we have a game, and the stands are packed, nothing like it the world, it's a totally awesome feeling, no matter who's playing

well I live in Ocala, and back when I was back in high school the big rivalry used to be Ocala Forest vs Ocala Vanguard always seemed to be like the whole city would show up, these teams hated each other big time, Booster Stadium was always packed, no where to sit, nowhere to park your car, too bad most all high school football games couldn't have that problem,lots of fun and good memories and good games too.

quick side note, every Friday night when we have a game, and the stands are packed, nothing like it the world, it's a totally awesome feeling, no matter who's playing

Reminds me of the stories I have been told about Middleburg vs Orange Park back in the late 80's/early 90's. It would always be packed full at whoever was hosting the rivalry game that year and for a couple of years this game had determined who the district champion was and basically the playoffs spot as well. Back in the day before the playoffs included district runner-ups.

Guest chartrak

North Marion (Citra) vs. Trinity Catholic (Ocala): In town rivals, public vs. private, intense

South Sumter (Bushnell) vs. East Ridge (Clermont): Two great coaches: Inman Sherman & Bud O'Har

The Villages vs. Wildwood: Small schools but always close games & always playoffs on the line

Dr. Phillips (Orlando) vs. Olympia (Orlando)

North Marion (Citra) vs. Trinity Catholic (Ocala): In town rivals, public vs. private, intense

South Sumter (Bushnell) vs. East Ridge (Clermont): Two great coaches: Inman Sherman & Bud O'Har

The Villages vs. Wildwood: Small schools but always close games & always playoffs on the line

Dr. Phillips (Orlando) vs. Olympia (Orlando)

It won't be Bud O'Hara at East Ridge this year...O'Hara was dismissed after the season by the school. Made a lot of people mad, but they wanted to go a different direction.

I have two one every yr and one that isn't every yr but its a rivalry none the less.

#1: Miramar v Cypress Bay always a great game tons of talent in that game always.

#2: Lakeland vs STA yes I know it doesn't happen every year, but it's one of those games where it has typically been for either a trip to the state finals or in the title game itself. Some great teams have played in this game. National Titles were decided when STA and Lakeland got together. Love it when my Raiders get together withe the Dreadnaughts!

I have two one every yr and one that isn't every yr but its a rivalry none the less.

#1: Miramar v Cypress Bay always a great game tons of talent in that game always.

#2: Lakeland vs STA yes I know it doesn't happen every year, but it's one of those games where it has typically been for either a trip to the state finals or in the title game itself. Some great teams have played in this game. National Titles were decided when STA and Lakeland got together. Love it when my Raiders get together withe the Dreadnaughts!

Those are great games!

• 4 weeks later...

Wait....How can anyone not have chosen the MUCK BOWL!! Pahokee v Glades Central...yes I know they arent what they used to be in terms of elite teams but those games have had some of the greatest players in the history of FLA HS Football play in them. Also tons of rings between both schools....awesome rivalry game one day I hope I can see one of those games in person 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DHS_PANTHERS

LOL @STA THATS WHAT I'M SAYING I SAW YOU GUYS NAMING ALL THESE GOOD RIVAL GAMES FROM OTHER COUNTIES WITCH I'M SURE ARE OR WERE GREAT RIVAL GAMES BUT I'M SITTING HERE THINKING OKAY NO ONE MEATIONED SOUL BOWL DILLARD VS ELY WHERE IT BE CLOSE TO 10 15 THOUSAND+ AT THE GAME WHERE NOT ONLY THE EXCITMENT IS THE FOOTBALL TEAMS BUT THE BANDS AS WELL

LOL @STA THATS WHAT I'M SAYING I SAW YOU GUYS NAMING ALL THESE GOOD RIVAL GAMES FROM OTHER COUNTIES WITCH I'M SURE ARE OR WERE GREAT RIVAL GAMES BUT I'M SITTING HERE THINKING OKAY NO ONE MEATIONED SOUL BOWL DILLARD VS ELY WHERE IT BE CLOSE TO 10 15 THOUSAND+ AT THE GAME WHERE NOT ONLY THE EXCITMENT IS THE FOOTBALL TEAMS BUT THE BANDS AS WELL

1000 apologies....damn how'd I forget that literally right in my backyard hahahaha great game always lots of fun! And of course how can anyone forget those bands! 

I sadly will not....I am actually based out of state but I still keep up with my boys from people who have connections and such....I will be coming down for a game or two but not that one sadly wish I could! 

P.S. I am based in North Carolina so travel can be tough being a 12hr drive away...plane tickets expensive but I'll make it down for big time games and title games