Rivalries: List your favorite rivalry and why

Joshua Wilson

I was trying to find out if a lot of Spanish people were there. I've sat on Jackson side plenty of times and I rarely see them, the most is probably 5 people if that.

Remeber Booker t was not open in 98 so a lot of their kids went to jackson too... It had some Latins there but it was super swoll.. After the west won everybody storm the field... Fans too...

@Zoe Boy When you get a chance go on schooldigger.com and type in Miami Jackson and this will explain what I'm talking about. Oh I wish I was there to see them storm the field and which game you at soul bowl or the playoff game. If I'm not mistaken they played each other twice that year.

@Zoe Boy When you get a chance go on schooldigger.com and type in Miami Jackson and this will explain what I'm talking about. Oh I wish I was there to see them storm the field and which game you at soul bowl or the playoff game. If I'm not mistaken they played each other twice that year.

Yup and I went to the playoff game

• 2 months later...

the question is how do rivaries in Miami maintain when the top team goes back in forth, like 80s it was northwestern who had success in 90s and most of 00s, carol city had some success in 90s and central and btw as we hit the 2010s, but how do those rivaries maintain itself

They maintain themselves typically in terms of how close the schools are, but also just on pure tradition. BTW and Central are kind of writing their tradition right now, but those kids mostly all know eachother and don't live too far apart.

On the other hand if you look at a rivalry like Northwestern/Jackson and all the history behind it that alone keeps the fans and alums coming to the games. That game has lost the luster it had in the 90s and 00s but is still a big time game. At least to those schools. 

• 2 months later...

the question is how do rivaries in Miami maintain when the top team goes back in forth, like 80s it was northwestern who had success in 90s and most of 00s, carol city had some success in 90s and central and btw as we hit the 2010s, but how do those rivaries maintain itself

This is an old post but anyway. The first Miami innercity rivalry starts back in the 20's I believe Booker T. and D.A. Dorsey,(Overtown and Liberty City). D.A.Dorsey would close 1956, Northwestern is built in 1956. Booker T. would close as a HS.in 1969 kids are bused to Miami Jackson. Not to bring race into it,but during the late 60's black folk started to move to north Miami-Dade. Miami Edison, Miami Central, Carol City, Norland. All are neighboring schools with some family ties so its always a rivalry RANKINGS GO OUT THE DOOR!

Wait....How can anyone not have chosen the MUCK BOWL!! Pahokee v Glades Central...yes I know they arent what they used to be in terms of elite teams but those games have had some of the greatest players in the history of FLA HS Football play in them. Also tons of rings between both schools....awesome rivalry game one day I hope I can see one of those games in person

That right! That rivalry got national attention. As of now both teams are on the rise and muck bowl gotten alot more competitive lately. Pahokee almost got us last year!

• 2 months later...