Pahokee?

954gator

...that's the point of vacating it.

So who the new 2016 1a champs?

The fhsaa?

It basically means every 1a team went out there for nothing

One player didnt make difference in that playoff run

Just fine the school and put on probation

Don't strip them of the championship it hurts the class as a whole not just 1 team

Adults not doing their jobs casts a shadow on the success of the program, its' players, the school, and the community. Whoever (whether one or several people) dropped the ball should bear the consequences. Precedent is that when a team cheats, intentionally or not, the result is a forfeit except in championship games, in which case the championship is voided. Tough stuff, but leadership failures always affect more than just one or a few.

The fhsaa?

Don't strip them of the championship it hurts the class as a whole not just 1 team

Ok then every other school should feel better to say they lost to cheaters and the cheaters were still the best?

No one comes out of this happy. You can't replay the season or the playoffs; the best that can be done is to punish those that can be punished and move on.

Ok then every other school should feel better to say they lost to cheaters and the cheaters were still the best?

No one comes out of this happy. You can't replay the season or the playoffs; the best that can be done is to punish those that can be punished and move on.

One player is a lapse in judgement not cheating

It devalues the championship to vacate it

I'm calling BS on this appeal.

The 5 year rule is arguably the least confusing rule out there.  If I am not mistaken even the players sign off on that rule.  

It is very simple.  You are allowed 4 years of HS eligibility.  I'm having trouble buying that it was an innocent mistake and the 19 year old student, assistant coaches, HC, AD, Principle,  Enrollment offices etc.....were not aware of the rule all season.  Think about it Pahokee's football history and tradition - you know damn well they knew the rules.  The HC has been there for years as a matter of fact.   As die hard as that community is about football, you don't think someone in enrollment, the principle, parents and fans knew that this young man was in his 5th year of HS?  

It does not matter if the player made a difference in the game or not.   It does not matter if it was an innocent error.   The rules are in place for a reason. 

The fhsaa?

If you don't think 5th year HS athletes can change the outcome of HS athletics, than you never played a sport.  Respect the rules, Columbia.  I feel horrible for the rest of the team but you don't think any of the coaches or players knew that this player was in his 5th year of HS?  

Don't be ignorant.

Apparently there was a clerical, that Pahokee High School had nothing to do with... Palm Beach County School district plans on appealing once a decision has been formally filed...

How was the matter reported?

Clerical?  Did the athlete not understand that he was in his 5th year of HS?   Athletes even sign off on eligibility rules ....Did the athlete ever have the common sense to perhaps ask/tell a coach the situation?  Did any coaches, parents, players, or the athlete himself know that he was in his 5th year of HS?

If so, why not escalate the matter to the HC, AD or Principle over the summer or anytime before the playoffs started?  Wouldn't that make sense?

I don't like seeing a title vacated I would rather see Pahokee get to keep their title.  By the time a team reaches the title game FHSAA should know if there is a fifth year player.  I know it's up to the schools to self report or snitch on each other but come on FHSAA should at least check out the teams in the title game so this could be avoided.