Class 7A state semifinals

james ricks

The 3 pm game pits defending state champion and always loaded Dillard Panthers up against my alma mater Vanguard knights.

The other semifinal at approximately 5 pm pits Lehigh acres vs always tough and state contender Orlando Edgewater. Any thoughts and predictions on these games?

I honestly don't know what to think of our chances going in but I damn well know we're going to be in for a hell of a fight against Dillard, who's 4 out of 5 starters are Committed to D1 schools, the size advantage is definitely in the Panthers favor, as our tallest guy is 6"5 freshman Leonard MoMo Manuel, I'm heading over in the morning to Lakeland to catch the 2 6A semifinal games before 7A gets going in the afternoon, win or lose once a knight always a knight and I'm damn proud of what this team accomplished this season no matter the outcome tomorrow afternoon, can't be dissatisfied with a team that hasn't been in this position in 35 years, this team has made history not only with the school but the county as well, won the first title in boys basketball since 2003, played for a regional championship for the first time since 1994, and got to state for the first time since 1982 and is also the first county team to make the final four since 2001 Belleview, couldn't be more proud of what this group has done this season

It was a great game all the way through for almost a full 3 quarters, we were down 50-49 with a minute and some change left on the 3rd quarter clock, then y'all closed the 3rd on a 7-0 run and then hit us with a huge 22-5 run the last 8 minutes of the game, I knew a big-time run was coming and it was just a matter of time before it came, it's hard to run with all them athletes y'all got for 4 full quarters without getting wore down and on top of that we didn't have our 6"5 Freshman big man Leonard Manuel who was left home for missing practice on Tuesday, but I'm not the one too make excuses we had a great season and Dillard is the defending Champs for a reason, y'all are alot better then what I seen last year in the KOTS tournament,even met a few young Dillard fans after the game that were really classy and watched the 2nd 7A semifinal with them, plan on getting back on Saturday to watch y'all win it all and catch some of the other state championship games as well. Edgewater will be a tough game as they won their game by 30 over Lehigh but I just can't see them hanging and running with the Panthers for 4 quarters, but it was a successful season for us and I'm happy with the season we had and I appreciate it bruh, y'all are a fun team to watch that's for sure

No doubt. And their was alot their, atleast 200 to 250 people I'd say, not bad for an afternoon game and we had somewhere around the same, but like I say not bad for a game on a weekday in the afternoon, as far as y'all's fans had to travel from Ft Lauderdale, That's a 3 and a half hour trip. Saturday every game should be really packed up