• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible.
      Rules of the Forums
    • Joshua Wilson

READ before logging into your account.   05/15/2017

The forums on FloridaHSFootball.com went under a recent upgrade. During that upgrade, some things changed including how usernames were handled. As such, some changes may have taken place and your username may not have translated to your display name which could cause you problems in logging in. If you experience an issue DO NOT, register for a new user account. Instead, email me at joshua.wilson@floridahsfootball.com with your previously known username that you went by and associated emails you have used with the account. 9 times out of 10 I can make a fix to your account. If you have signed up for a new account already prior to me posting this, please email me so I can merge your accounts so you can claim your old posts as well. Thank you! Josh
    • Joshua Wilson

READ before posting rumors   06/01/2017

Due to some recent posts that have been posted on unqualified rumors, I am having to take an extra step to keep things safeguarded our working relationships we have with teams, schools, and players. If you have a rumor that could potentially damaging to a program (i.e. Oxbridge rumor from yesterday), you will have to message me directly on here. There was a ton of backlash on the Oxbridge post yesterday and while you all might not have seen it, my email and Twitter DM's blew up.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SportsNut25

STA Schedule

83 posts in this topic

8/25 vs St John Bosco (CA)

9/2 @ Piper

9/8 vs Flanagan

9/14 vs Stranahan 

9/22 BYE

9/28 @ McArthur

10/6 vs Deerfield

10/13 vs Fort Lauderdale

10/21 @ Boyd Anderson

10/27 @ Blanche Ely

11/3 vs Miramar

Thoughts? 

Honestly schedule kinda weak for someone of sta level they don't look like they will be that tested come playoffs but considering there not many teams in state much less 7a who can go toe to toe with them it likely won't matter

I agree. I think they should play a marquee Dade County team in addition to St John Bosco. And add an elite team from another part of the state. Schedule doesn't do much for me at all.

Weak.com

Outside of SJB they won't be tested at all. You can only hope Deerfield Beach puts up a competitive game, which they usually do against STA.

This is PATHETIC!!! I don't understand why don't St Thomas just do what iMG do and play all the top teams in the nation schedule as many teams as they won't they just won't be able to play for a championship another 10-0 season and another lopsided playoff run as they win the title... Also didn't new playoff format starts this year where the tougher the team the more points you get if you win????

MC Rockets likes this

This is PATHETIC!!! I don't understand why don't St Thomas just do what iMG do and play all the top teams in the nation schedule as many teams as they won't they just won't be able to play for a championship another 10-0 season and another lopsided playoff run as they win the title... Also didn't new playoff format starts this year where the tougher the team the more points you get if you win????

Only really matters for teams who can't win district in the higher classes

Only three games on that Schedule that will be close. Deerfield, Miramar and Bosco.

An IMG type schedule can get expensive. I would think they can pick up a Central, BTW or Northwestern fairly easily.

Those guys would at least generate some excitement ! Why is Stranahan on the schedule ?  They were a 5a doormat !

MC Rockets likes this

Only three games on that Schedule that will be close. Deerfield, Miramar and Bosco.

An IMG type schedule can get expensive. I would think they can pick up a Central, BTW or Northwestern fairly easily.

Those guys would at least generate some excitement ! Why is Stranahan on the schedule ? They were a 5a doormat !

Probably to pad stats and record

Ever stop to think that their schedule may be the result not of what teams WILL play them but what teams WONT play them. IMG has a very hard time scheduling in Florida teams and would imagine it would be the same situation for STA. Does anyone know whether Central, BTW, MNW, or any other top Florida team, has even attempted to schedule STA? 

If they face the right team on right night it very well can

Based on that logic, that can happen - regardless of schedule.

I think it's safe to say STA knows what the he11 they are doing. There are other schools out there that actually do pad their records ( actually historically speaking) with wins and stats but have basically no hardware to show for it. I'll just leave it at that- if you catch my drift, Mr. "Winningist program in North Florida History" .

Based on that logic, that can happen - regardless of schedule.

I think it's safe to say STA knows what the he11 they are doing. There are other schools out there that actually do pad their records ( actually historically speaking) with wins and stats but have basically no hardware to show for it. I'll just leave it at that- if you catch my drift, Mr. "Winningist program in North Florida History" .

We wont know the effect of the schedule until their season is complete

If they fall in playoffs or state would you think that having a light schedule hurt them? Hmm?

We wont know the effect of the schedule until their season is complete

If they fall in playoffs or state would you think that having a light schedule hurt them? Hmm?

Do you realize that several of those non-district games are contracted?

Do you even understand how a contract works?

Do you think STA has control that the contracted scheduling of Flanagan goes from Nationally elite to losing 10 FBS caliber players to Central, Chaminade and AHP in 13 months?

If Columbia had this schedule you would be calling it a "hard" schedule, wouldn't you?

Do you realize that several of those non-district games are contracted?

Do you even understand how a contract works?

Do you think STA has control that the contracted scheduling of Flanagan goes from Nationally elite to losing 10 FBS caliber players to Central, Chaminade and AHP in 13 months?

If Columbia had this schedule you would be calling it a "hard" schedule, wouldn't you?

Accually i don't think Flanagan that bad a game

STA can't control when teams like Miramar, Flanagan and Deerfield go sour and struggle to make the playoffs , yet may have been nationally ranked the previous year.

STA's schedule could be better but a lot of the non-district games are contracted. Now watch when STA's contract is up with these teams they will try to play a team in a new series that appears to be on the up and they will only be good for a year. It's a cycle for the strong public schools in Broward.

Then you have a team like McArthur on the schedule that was probably on par with the level of Venice last year and it goes unnoticed like a doormat or something....

If I changed the name of McArthur to Venice, would it look better to you?

As for Stranahan..my only opinion on that is Stranahan is the neighboring rival next door. The schools ardown the street from one another. Back in the 80s and perhaps some of the 90s , I believe Stranahan actually was more competitive...

That game will be very ugly. Piper is better than Flanagan right now and perhaps Deerfield Beach as well.

Things change quick here....and it's only March.

STA can't control when teams like Miramar, Flanagan and Deerfield go sour and struggle to make the playoffs , yet may have been nationally ranked the previous year.

STA's schedule could be better but a lot of the non-district games are contracted. Now watch when STA's contract is up with these teams they will try to play a team in a new series that appears to be on the up and they will only be good for a year. It's a cycle for the strong public schools in Broward.

Then you have a team like McArthur on the schedule that was probably on par with the level of Venice last year and it goes unnoticed like a doormat or something....

If I changed the name of McArthur to Venice, would it look better to you?

As for Stranahan..my only opinion on that is Stranahan is the neighboring rival next door. The schools ardown the street from one another. Back in the 80s and perhaps some of the 90s , I believe Stranahan actually was more competitive...

McArther might accually be better than Venice

That game will be very ugly. Piper is better than Flanagan right now and perhaps Deerfield Beach as well.

Things change quick here....and it's only March.

So Flanagan likely won't sniff playoffs?

McArther might accually be better than Venice

My point is STA has had better schedules and I would have liked them to play a Dade power again but I this this particular year the flexibility may have been a little limited due to contracts already in place.

If STA is shooting for national props and were to run the table.. they better hope a few of those teams make deep playoff runs- which right now looks unlikely outside of possibly Miramar to me.

Zoe Boy likes this

So Flanagan likely won't sniff playoffs?

Doubt it...I'm thinking Cypress Bay or Western in that two spot in that District but I won't count out Plantation rebounding. Steve Davis has returned after a year off and Plantation traditionally is a sound team.

Zoe Boy likes this