STA Schedule

SportsNut25

This is PATHETIC!!! I don't understand why don't St Thomas just do what iMG do and play all the top teams in the nation schedule as many teams as they won't they just won't be able to play for a championship another 10-0 season and another lopsided playoff run as they win the title... Also didn't new playoff format starts this year where the tougher the team the more points you get if you win????

This is PATHETIC!!! I don't understand why don't St Thomas just do what iMG do and play all the top teams in the nation schedule as many teams as they won't they just won't be able to play for a championship another 10-0 season and another lopsided playoff run as they win the title... Also didn't new playoff format starts this year where the tougher the team the more points you get if you win????

Only really matters for teams who can't win district in the higher classes

Only three games on that Schedule that will be close. Deerfield, Miramar and Bosco.

An IMG type schedule can get expensive. I would think they can pick up a Central, BTW or Northwestern fairly easily.

Those guys would at least generate some excitement ! Why is Stranahan on the schedule ? They were a 5a doormat !

Probably to pad stats and record

Ever stop to think that their schedule may be the result not of what teams WILL play them but what teams WONT play them. IMG has a very hard time scheduling in Florida teams and would imagine it would be the same situation for STA. Does anyone know whether Central, BTW, MNW, or any other top Florida team, has even attempted to schedule STA? 

If they face the right team on right night it very well can

Based on that logic, that can happen - regardless of schedule.

I think it's safe to say STA knows what the he11 they are doing. There are other schools out there that actually do pad their records ( actually historically speaking) with wins and stats but have basically no hardware to show for it. I'll just leave it at that- if you catch my drift, Mr. "Winningist program in North Florida History" .

Based on that logic, that can happen - regardless of schedule.

I think it's safe to say STA knows what the he11 they are doing. There are other schools out there that actually do pad their records ( actually historically speaking) with wins and stats but have basically no hardware to show for it. I'll just leave it at that- if you catch my drift, Mr. "Winningist program in North Florida History" .

We wont know the effect of the schedule until their season is complete

If they fall in playoffs or state would you think that having a light schedule hurt them? Hmm?

We wont know the effect of the schedule until their season is complete

If they fall in playoffs or state would you think that having a light schedule hurt them? Hmm?

Do you realize that several of those non-district games are contracted?

Do you even understand how a contract works?

Do you think STA has control that the contracted scheduling of Flanagan goes from Nationally elite to losing 10 FBS caliber players to Central, Chaminade and AHP in 13 months?

If Columbia had this schedule you would be calling it a "hard" schedule, wouldn't you?

Do you realize that several of those non-district games are contracted?

Do you even understand how a contract works?

Do you think STA has control that the contracted scheduling of Flanagan goes from Nationally elite to losing 10 FBS caliber players to Central, Chaminade and AHP in 13 months?

If Columbia had this schedule you would be calling it a "hard" schedule, wouldn't you?

Accually i don't think Flanagan that bad a game

Accually i don't think Flanagan that bad a game

STA can't control when teams like Miramar, Flanagan and Deerfield go sour and struggle to make the playoffs , yet may have been nationally ranked the previous year.

STA's schedule could be better but a lot of the non-district games are contracted. Now watch when STA's contract is up with these teams they will try to play a team in a new series that appears to be on the up and they will only be good for a year. It's a cycle for the strong public schools in Broward.

Then you have a team like McArthur on the schedule that was probably on par with the level of Venice last year and it goes unnoticed like a doormat or something....

If I changed the name of McArthur to Venice, would it look better to you?

As for Stranahan..my only opinion on that is Stranahan is the neighboring rival next door. The schools ardown the street from one another. Back in the 80s and perhaps some of the 90s , I believe Stranahan actually was more competitive...

STA can't control when teams like Miramar, Flanagan and Deerfield go sour and struggle to make the playoffs , yet may have been nationally ranked the previous year.

STA's schedule could be better but a lot of the non-district games are contracted. Now watch when STA's contract is up with these teams they will try to play a team in a new series that appears to be on the up and they will only be good for a year. It's a cycle for the strong public schools in Broward.

Then you have a team like McArthur on the schedule that was probably on par with the level of Venice last year and it goes unnoticed like a doormat or something....

If I changed the name of McArthur to Venice, would it look better to you?

As for Stranahan..my only opinion on that is Stranahan is the neighboring rival next door. The schools ardown the street from one another. Back in the 80s and perhaps some of the 90s , I believe Stranahan actually was more competitive...

McArther might accually be better than Venice

McArther might accually be better than Venice

My point is STA has had better schedules and I would have liked them to play a Dade power again but I this this particular year the flexibility may have been a little limited due to contracts already in place.

If STA is shooting for national props and were to run the table.. they better hope a few of those teams make deep playoff runs- which right now looks unlikely outside of possibly Miramar to me.