STA Schedule

SportsNut25

STA played @ BTW last year on the back end of a two year in Trez. Both STA and BTW knew BTW was going to be competitive. If going to Trez early season, playing BTW coming of a state championship is not competitive, and that is not overall going into the teeth... what more will suffice?

In fact BTW was top 25 nationally early season in a couple polls and probably clear cut the best team in Dade at the time they played STA. Wouldn't you agree?

SFL/State/National Powers eventually unfortunately develop somewhat egos..., whether it be a public in Dade or private in Broward. There is other stuff behind the scenes that go on. I mean looking at Central's schedule the last few years, you could also argue they do not appear to be very aggressive to playing top Broward teams in the regular season.

I'm also guessing that IMG has 1 or rarely 2 year deals with their opponents and no district play - more flexibility ( if they can find opponents willing to play them). IMG develops football players, plays a ridiculously hard schedule and tries to win national championships. STA probably has similar goals but has a district, local deals and state championship responsibility to take care of first.

Bottom line is if you look at STA's schedule and deals they have with Broward teams there is probably little room available. Broward publics took a downfall after 2015 going into 2017 it does not look any better(our of STA's control). Dade seems to be the exact opposite. Dade publics have gotten stronger IMO the last few years... It's a vicious cycle to try to align the stars in SFL HS football world...

My brother everybody in dade knew that STA thought they were gonna blew BTW... Ppl like us knew that was not going to happen.. We knew they were gonna be competitive. We spoke that whole summer remember.. But something told me after that Game that night STA would not play a dade school when they are competitive.. You know that Browardhandicapper lol.. We always talk about how come STA can't never schedule a top dade school while their up.. Like I said the streets talk lmao...

STA "competing for National titles" is essentially in your words. I doubt STA is sweating what columbiahighfan2016, myself and others state of their schedule. As I've said before.. I think STA knows what the he11 they are doing.

Their goals in reality may not be exactly what we build and perceive. But hey...It makes it convenient to bash them, right?

Miami Central played a whole 8 games in the regular season last year and we acknowledge it as poor scheduling.

STA does something like that and they would get crucified.

Am I right, or am I right?

It is all how we perceive things sometimes.

We destroyed MC last year for their scheduling!! Both here and the streets... My lil cuz plays for Central n I was like bruh wtf...

My brother everybody in dade knew that STA thought they were gonna blew BTW... Ppl like us knew that was not going to happen.. We knew they were gonna be competitive. We spoke that whole summer remember.. But something told me after that Game that night STA would not play a dade school when they are competitive.. You know that Browardhandicapper lol.. We always talk about how come STA can't never schedule a top dade school while their up.. Like I said the streets talk lmao...

So in other words the private powerhouse of STA is scared to play the Dade County powerhouse publics when they good or am i not reading that right?

would you agree though that playing teams up to your level or above it will help you be better prepared for post season play?

look at a team like viera in 2015 with playing cocoa, allen tx and other tough oppenents, you could say that helped them make a deep run, right?

or cocoa this past year playing Bishop Gorman and TCA helped them be better prepared then Bolles who played a extreamly light schedule?

catching my drift?

Anybody who came from the south bracket would of beaten bolles... Atleast 4 teams until of my head..

We destroyed MC last year for their scheduling!! Both here and the streets... My lil cuz plays for Central n I was like bruh wtf...

This little circle on here did. But Central is known like as a national power like STA. I just think if STA did that , you would never hear the end of it, especially on the national board.

So what the big trouble with Dade teams and STA

How many Broward powers has Central played in recent years in the regular season?

How many Broward powers has Central played when they are up have been up?

They must be "scared", columbiahighfan2016. Don't you think?

It is all how we perceive things....You are not very fond of STA so you instinctively look for an angle to make yourself feel better - whatever it takes, right?

I admit I do the same with teams I not fond of.

Meanwhile STA will keep doing what they do.

Just keep critiquing ....to make yourself feel better.

Apparently STA was trying to get a game with Corona Centennial another very high profile Cali team, but it fell through.   I personally am a little disappointed by the schedule, but so many schools are stealing the better OOS games nowadays.    St. John Bosco is a top team though.   Very high profile, just wish they could have gotten a couple more.   Then again we always have the chance for that end of the season bowl game.  

How many Broward powers has Central played in recent years in the regular season?

It is all how we perceive things....You are not sure fan of STA so you instinctively look for an angle to make yourself feel better - whatever it takes, right?

MC played AHP and beat em

Central also beat Pembroke Pines Charter 71-0 on 2011.

But that was not my point....My point was just because Central rarely engages with top Broward teams does not mean they are "scared"....

Teams have agendas and they don't always fit our dream games.

I don't think any of us should be telling national powers how to do things and calling them "scared".

Central also beat Pembroke Pines Charter 71-0 on 2011.

But that was not my point....My point was just because Central rarely engages with top Broward teams does not mean they are "scared"....

Teams have agendas and they don't always fit our dream games.

I don't think any of us should be telling national powers how to do things and calling them "scared".

I thought that was a playoff game

It is all how we perceive things....You are not very fond of STA so you instinctively look for an angle to make yourself feel better - whatever it takes, right?

I admit I do the same with teams I not fond of.

Broward powers...Only two comes to mind. STA and AHP. Who else is there? Deerfield Beach? Flanagan? Miramar? Who?

MC played AHP. They played University School in '13 following their state championship season with Sean White at QB. It's to my understanding they play Chaminade this season.They scrimmage against Flanagan in the summer at least 3 times a week, not sure why but they do instead of playing in the regular season. Why haven't they played STA, Miramar, and Deerfield Beach...the world may never know.

Broward powers...Only two comes to mind. STA and AHP. Who else is there? Deerfield Beach? Flanagan? Miramar? Who?

MC played AHP. They played University School in '13 following their state championship season with Sean White at QB. It's to my understanding they play Chaminade this season.They scrimmage against Flanagan in the summer at least 3 times a week, not sure why but they do instead of playing in the regular season. Why haven't they played STA, Miramar, and Deerfield Beach...the world may never know.

You're missing the point, but now that we are here.. Let's rephrase that. Loaded Broward teams. Broward kids tend to move around more than Dade of late and their publics will never be as stable as the big three in 6A. I get that. But...

Can you tell me why BTW will play STA and Central won't?

Can you tell me why Central chooses to pound on a skeleton Flanagan team over the summer of 2017 but wouldn't play them in 2014/2015 when they were loaded? Why now, when they are petty?

Why no Miramar teams several years back?

They must be scared. That's 100% definitely what it is. ;-)

yeah broward and dade powers lock horns more on the board then on the field

and didnt miramar play a very good dade team recently? like last 3 or 4 years

To my knowledge Miramar in the regular season has only played Mater Academy (2016) in recent years... They KOC'd versus American last year and a few years back scrimmages BTW a few times....

Miramar must be another team that is scared to schedule Dade Powers...

I tell you there are a lot of teams down here in SFL with national rankings, state championships and willing to travel to far places to play other national powers yet they're scared to play one another a few miles away....

To my knowledge Miramar in the regular season has only played Mater Academy (2016) in recent years... They KOC'd versus American last year and a few years back scrimmages BTW a few times....

Miramar must be another team that is scared to schedule Dade Powers...

I tell you there are a lot of teams down here in SFL with national rankings, state championships and willing to travel to far places to play other national powers yet they're scared to play one another a few miles away....

Because Florida Is the best football state in the country