Venice

PickSix

Unbelievable, how not a whisper of this on the other board... ( Don't worry - shared the read from the local Venice paper)

You talk about hypocrisy.....Very ironic, don't you think?

Given the nature of the topics that several Venice and SWFL guys were making accusations about.

I read a lot of your comments and usually don't respond due to your opinions. Do your research like you have in the past on the player in question.

I like the kid in question nothing personal. My son has played many sports against him. Good athlete.

I think something like this smells fishy.

I did read up on the rules which if one player contacts another from a different school to recruit him to come is a violation. I think that is tough to enforce but as seen here can be done.

Really this stuff happens in big cities all the time

The reason it flys under the radar is because it usually happens with player to player communication at camps where they try to sell the program but hard to prove because it one player word against another

This is not a big city and the two schools are close enough to despise each other. Back in the day there was only Venice and all of those kids were bused into here.  

I like the kid in question nothing personal. My son has played many sports against him. Good athlete.

I think something like this smells fishy.

I did read up on the rules which if one player contacts another from a different school to recruit him to come is a violation. I think that is tough to enforce but as seen here can be done.

It is what it is..

What irks ( and is comical now) me about this scenario is it is predominantly Venice and SW FL guys making statements about this exact stuff. Accusations about another/ other school(s) and counties illegally recruiting - more specifically recruiting and senior players transferring in.

I just think the karma gods layed down the sledgehammer in this one and somebody stepped in s#/^

It is what it is..

What irks ( and is comical now) me about this scenario is it is predominantly Venice and SW FL guys making statements about this exact stuff. Accusations about another illegally school recruiting - more specifically recruiting and senior players transferring in.

I just the karma gods played down the sledgehammer in this one and somebody stepped in s#/^

I never cared much for the recruiting thing. Per capita we don't get the types of players south florida does its just facts.

I never cared much for the recruiting thing. Per capita we don't get the types of players south florida does its just facts.

That is one thing that you get and I agree with but most SRQ's feel otherwise and feel they should be able to compete with the numbers and types of players that SFL has.

You actually get it. Most over there don't.

That is one thing that you get and I agree with but most SRQ's feel otherwise and feel they should be able to compete with the numbers and types of players that SFL has.

You actually get it. Most over there don't.

We are and have been known as a retirement community. I doubt grandma and grandpa or the snow birds have D lineman that weigh 300+ lbs at home in Venice.

What I will say is we do the more with less.

Bad moment of judgement that does not reflect the true person.

Have you ever seen a individual affiliated with a team (in which she was) behave in that nature? Run onto a field, jump in front of a camera and start essentially making loud, ignorant, racial statements towards a football coach and his program?

She obviously wanted to (and did indeed as it was played on AP news through the U.S.) be seen and heard though, wouldn't you agree?

Have you ever seen a individual affiliated with a team (in which she was) behave in that nature? Run onto a field, jump in front of a camera and start essentially making loud, ignorant, racial statements towards a football coach and his program?

She obviously wanted to (and did indeed as it was played on AP news through the U.S.) be seen and heard though, wouldn't you agree?

I will say this, no.

Over the years I have seen a lot on the football fields around here and south. I have witnessed a few things similar to this.

It doesn't change my opinion of that person or the program overall. Knowing what I do know I will say it was unfortunate. Emotions were running high. The back drop to the game was also unfortunate.

Only 1 team in 7A is happy at the end of the year. The other 87 teams will be disappointed.

I will say this, no.

Over the years I have seen a lot on the football fields around here and south. I have witnessed a few things similar to this.

It doesn't change my opinion of that person or the program overall. Knowing what I do know I will say it was unfortunate. Emotions were running high. The back drop to the game was also unfortunate.

Only 1 team in 7A is happy at the end of the year. The other 87 teams will be disappointed.

Well good thing STA was not in 4A, right?