IMG Academy Schedules

SportsNut25

IMG will have two varsity squads this year.

IMG "National" Schedule

5/18 - vs. East Ridge [spring Game]

8/18 - vs. Carol City [Kickoff Classic]

8/26 - @ Chandler (AZ)

9/1 - [N] Corona Centennial (CA) [Game is at Cathedral Catholic HS in CA]

9/8 - @ St. Frances (MD)

9/15 - vs. St. John's (DC)

9/22 - vs. Miami Central

9/30 - vs. Miami Northwestern

10/6 - @ Venice

10/20 - @ East (UT)

11/3 - @ Hoover (AL)

11/11 - vs. Bishop Sullivan (VA)

IMG "Varsity" Schedule

8/25 - vs. Nature Coast Tech

9/1 - @ St. Stephen's Episcopal

9/8 - @ West Oaks Academy

9/15 - @ Gateway Charter

9/23 - vs. Kingdom Prep

10/6 - @ Trinity Catholic

10/20 - @ Berkeley Prep

10/27 - vs. West Park Prep

11/3 - @ Key West

11/11 - TBA (Bowl Game at IMG) 

Their Varsity team is looking for teams in classes 3A and below if I remember right

Yup, that was the goal.

The varsity team is their JV team but instead of playing a JV schedule, they have branded themselves as a second varsity so they can play other varsity teams.

Yup, that was the goal.

The varsity team is their JV team but instead of playing a JV schedule, they have branded themselves as a second varsity so they can play other varsity teams.

I'm curious to see how they do and who else they will have on the schedule

So how does this work? I thought FHSAA by-laws state that a school can only have one varsity team? Do these games count if other Florida schools play the "B" squad?

IMG gets exceptions to like every rule. Yes these games will count for the other Florida schools.

Good to know all the Miami schools are playing the national team & not the varsity team.

Which I don't see what's the difference there varsity team is probably better then 98% of the rest of the schools in Florida lol

Mighty if they were better then 98% then they would not be wanting 3a or lower

It's basically a jv team playing Varisty schedule if they played a decent team in a high class (solid playoff team) they would lose while the national team would need to be playing top 5 team in Florida before it becomes a threat to beat them (or something along those lines)

Mighty if they were better then 98% then they would not be wanting 3a or lower

It's basically a jv team playing Varisty schedule if they played a decent team in a high class (solid playoff team) they would lose while the national team would need to be playing top 5 team in Florida before it becomes a threat to beat them (or something along those lines)

I somehow think that all players recruited by IMG, and that make the cut for their football team, are pretty much the cream of the crop no matter Varsity or JV. I just don't think that any team is going to have an easy time competing with their so called "JV" team. Since IMG doesn't have a bonafide JV team all of their players are varsity players. They all train together and each player has expectations of being the best. I'm quite sure that IMG platoons a lot and every player probably gets quality time. Their JV team may not be as overwhelming as their varsity. However, those players may play harder than their varsity counterparts simply because they want to prove something. We will be playing IMG this season and I'm expecting it to be the toughest game of the season, JV or otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

FULL schedule: 

IMG will have two varsity squads this year.

IMG "National" Schedule

5/18 - vs. East Ridge [spring Game]

8/18 - vs. Carol City [Kickoff Classic]

8/26 - @ Chandler (AZ)

9/1 - [N] Corona Centennial (CA) [Game is at Cathedral Catholic HS in CA]

9/8 - @ St. Frances (MD)

9/15 - vs. St. John's (DC)

9/22 - vs. Miami Central

9/30 - vs. Miami Northwestern

10/6 - @ Venice

10/20 - @ East (UT)

11/3 - @ Hoover (AL)

11/11 - vs. Bishop Sullivan (VA)

IMG "Varsity" Schedule

8/25 - vs. Nature Coast Tech

9/1 - @ St. Stephen's Episcopal

9/8 - @ West Oaks Academy

9/15 - @ Gateway Charter

9/23 - vs. Kingdom Prep

10/6 - @ Trinity Catholic

10/20 - @ Berkeley Prep

10/27 - vs. West Park Prep

11/3 - @ Key West

11/11 - TBA (Bowl Game at IMG) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the video of the IMG preseason game against 7A Eastridge. Now, I know that it's only a preseason game and that Eastridge is not STA. However, they are a pretty good 7A team. I could not believe the speed and quickness of the IMG team both on offense and defense. It's like watching a college team against a high school team. Eastridge could do nothing. Eastridge seemed to be playing hard, or at least as hard as they are capable of. IMG was just methodically doing their thing. They are just on another level totally. IMG has a 6'5" WR Jalen Jordan who nobody is going to be able to cover. If anything he's as good or maybe even  better than their outstanding 6'4" WR Brian Hightower. He has got to have 4.4 time. How can anyone that big be so fast?

Does anyone know what the makeup of the IMG Blue team will be? Does IMG have what could be called a JV team? Will the Blue team be a permanent team of certain players or will the Varsity backups and 2nd or 3rd string bounce back and forth from the Varsity to the Varsity Blue? Does the FHSAA have any say in how they proceed? My team plays the Blue team this season and I sure would like to research what that Blue team is going to look like. I'm wondering if our HC will be getting film in advance and. if so, will the preparation by our team be realistic given that the makeup of the Blue team could change from week to week. Just asking.

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Does anyone know what the makeup of the IMG Blue team will be? Does IMG have what could be called a JV team? Will the Blue team be a permanent team of certain players or will the Varsity backups and 2nd or 3rd string bounce back and forth from the Varsity to the Varsity Blue? Does the FHSAA have any say in how they proceed? My team plays the Blue team this season and I sure would like to research what that Blue team is going to look like. I'm wondering if our HC will be getting film in advance and. if so, will the preparation by our team be realistic given that the makeup of the Blue team could change from week to week. Just asking.

IMG won't have a JV team this season. Instead they'll split the roster between the varsity A and B squads. As far as if guys can move up or down on a week-to-week basis, I'm not sure about that. 

The FHSAA really won't have too much say in how they proceed, I don't think, just because IMG is not playing in the state series (which is how they are able to field to varsity squads). 

My guess is these kids will move between teams based off of playing time from the previous games. I cant imagine these type of players being ok with just standing on the sidelines. Kid from the National Team that didn't get many snaps may play for the Varsity Team the next week.

So, this means that it will be quite a chore preparing for the Blue team as you will basically have to prepare for anything or anybody. My take on all of this is that the Blue team will really not be much different than the national team. Just a somewhat lesser quality, but still very formidable, coming at you. One good thing may be that we are playing on our field and not entering the jaws of death in Bradenton.