• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible.
      Rules of the Forums
    • Joshua Wilson

READ before logging into your account.   05/15/2017

The forums on FloridaHSFootball.com went under a recent upgrade. During that upgrade, some things changed including how usernames were handled. As such, some changes may have taken place and your username may not have translated to your display name which could cause you problems in logging in. If you experience an issue DO NOT, register for a new user account. Instead, email me at joshua.wilson@floridahsfootball.com with your previously known username that you went by and associated emails you have used with the account. 9 times out of 10 I can make a fix to your account. If you have signed up for a new account already prior to me posting this, please email me so I can merge your accounts so you can claim your old posts as well. Thank you! Josh
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Floridatechfootball

Is Oscar Smith considered a top rated national ranked team..

45 posts in this topic

So in this state they are like Mainland or a little lower

I would have to give them a nod higher than Mainland because they are one of the top teams in Va., with a few state championships under their belt and they have played a number of OOS games, winning a few. Whereas Mainland is a very good, talented program but their history outside of the regular season speaks for itself. And they just played their first OOS game two years ago in Ohio.
DarterBlue2 and Zoe Boy like this

I would have to give them a nod higher than Mainland because they are one of the top teams in Va., with a few state championships under their belt and they have played a number of OOS games, winning a few. Whereas Mainland is a very good, talented program but their history outside of the regular season speaks for itself. And they just played their first OOS game two years ago in Ohio.

Couldn't have said it any better myself

The only thing that i don't by is their state championships because Florida's playoff competition seems more difficult than Virginia's

Just A Coach likes this

The only thing that i don't by is their state championships because Florida's playoff competition seems more difficult than Virginia's

I get where you are coming from, but who's to say? Are you basing that due to unfamiliarity or bias?
peezy28 likes this

Lol tru but that also shows Florida top team vs Virginia's top team...

Part of that is also Florida being a much deeper state then Virgina

If you put them against say our 20th best team maybe it a closer argument but against a Florida top 5 they outmatched in talent just because Florida might have the best overall player talent of any state

May not be richest, biggest stadiums or biggest programs but no state beats Florida when it comes to pure talent

That's why all these big programs even from schools like Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State try and grab players from Florida when recruiting

Just A Coach likes this

Lol tru but that also shows Florida top team vs Virginia's top team...

I would not call Mainland Florida's top team. BTW has been on the road and beat almost every opponent they have faced. They were the last team to beat Bishop Gorman. Battle tested. Mainland has not been in that environment yet.
Zoe Boy likes this

I would not call Mainland Florida's top team. BTW has been on the road and beat almost every opponent they have faced. They were the last team to beat Bishop Gorman. Battle tested. Mainland has not been in that environment yet.

I think he was referring to BTW when saying Florida top team vs Virginia's top team 😂

Part of that is also Florida being a much deeper state then Virgina

If you put them against say our 20th best team maybe it a closer argument but against a Florida top 5 they outmatched in talent just because Florida might have the best overall player talent of any state

May not be richest, biggest stadiums or biggest programs but no state beats Florida when it comes to pure talent

That's why all these big programs even from schools like Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State try and grab players from Florida when recruiting

I already kno Florida run deep and it brings me back to the Mainland and Oscar Smith comparison.

My team Vero is going to Virginia and i kinda feel like we could have done better by playing South Florida school but its whatever

I have to disagree with you on that. That game will give those kids an opportunity some may have never had. Leaving the state. Also it gives a taste of playing a top team in Va. Don't be fooled those kids at Oscar Smith come from some of the same neighborhoods just like the BTW, MC, MNW, CC kids do. BTW is just on another level. I hope Vero goes up there and competes, but it won't be easy just because they are a Florida school.
peezy28 and Zoe Boy like this

I have to disagree with you on that. That game will give those kids an opportunity some may have never had. Leaving the state. Also it gives a taste of playing a top team in Va. Don't be fooled those kids at Oscar Smith come from some of the same neighborhoods just like the BTW, MC, MNW, CC kids do. BTW is just on another level. I hope Vero goes up there and competes, but it won't be easy just because they are a Florida school.

Yea u right tho

MC Rockets likes this

You hit it to the tee...
MC Rockets likes this

So y'all don't think a Vero@MC game would draw scouts out there????

We talking baseball scouts or football scouts? Baseball scouts only hit up the high profile games. Football scouts will hit any decent game.

We talking baseball scouts or football scouts? Baseball scouts only hit up the high profile games. Football scouts will hit any decent game.

There were scouts when we played Bolles so I'm sure Central vs Vero would get scouts 😂

And yeah baseball scouts usually look at travel teams because they see more top talent at a time then they would at a high school game