Is Oscar Smith considered a top rated national ranked team..

Floridatech

So in this state they are like Mainland or a little lower

I would have to give them a nod higher than Mainland because they are one of the top teams in Va., with a few state championships under their belt and they have played a number of OOS games, winning a few. Whereas Mainland is a very good, talented program but their history outside of the regular season speaks for itself. And they just played their first OOS game two years ago in Ohio.

I would have to give them a nod higher than Mainland because they are one of the top teams in Va., with a few state championships under their belt and they have played a number of OOS games, winning a few. Whereas Mainland is a very good, talented program but their history outside of the regular season speaks for itself. And they just played their first OOS game two years ago in Ohio.

Couldn't have said it any better myself

The only thing that i don't by is their state championships because Florida's playoff competition seems more difficult than Virginia's

The only thing that i don't by is their state championships because Florida's playoff competition seems more difficult than Virginia's

Lol tru but that also shows Florida top team vs Virginia's top team...

Part of that is also Florida being a much deeper state then Virgina

If you put them against say our 20th best team maybe it a closer argument but against a Florida top 5 they outmatched in talent just because Florida might have the best overall player talent of any state

May not be richest, biggest stadiums or biggest programs but no state beats Florida when it comes to pure talent

That's why all these big programs even from schools like Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State try and grab players from Florida when recruiting

I would not call Mainland Florida's top team. BTW has been on the road and beat almost every opponent they have faced. They were the last team to beat Bishop Gorman. Battle tested. Mainland has not been in that environment yet.

I think he was referring to BTW when saying Florida top team vs Virginia's top team 😂

Part of that is also Florida being a much deeper state then Virgina

If you put them against say our 20th best team maybe it a closer argument but against a Florida top 5 they outmatched in talent just because Florida might have the best overall player talent of any state

May not be richest, biggest stadiums or biggest programs but no state beats Florida when it comes to pure talent

That's why all these big programs even from schools like Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State try and grab players from Florida when recruiting

I already kno Florida run deep and it brings me back to the Mainland and Oscar Smith comparison.

My team Vero is going to Virginia and i kinda feel like we could have done better by playing South Florida school but its whatever

I have to disagree with you on that. That game will give those kids an opportunity some may have never had. Leaving the state. Also it gives a taste of playing a top team in Va. Don't be fooled those kids at Oscar Smith come from some of the same neighborhoods just like the BTW, MC, MNW, CC kids do. BTW is just on another level. I hope Vero goes up there and competes, but it won't be easy just because they are a Florida school.

I have to disagree with you on that. That game will give those kids an opportunity some may have never had. Leaving the state. Also it gives a taste of playing a top team in Va. Don't be fooled those kids at Oscar Smith come from some of the same neighborhoods just like the BTW, MC, MNW, CC kids do. BTW is just on another level. I hope Vero goes up there and competes, but it won't be easy just because they are a Florida school.

Yea u right tho

You hit it to the tee...