#13 PiPER

#14 HALLANDALE

#15SOUTH BROWARD

#16 UNIVERSITY SCHOOL

17DILLARD

18ARCHBISHOP MCARTHY

#19 FT LAUDERDALE

#20 WEST BROWARD

this is my person preseason top 20 feel free to drop yours GOOOO PANTHERS!!

To answer your question broward I really don't know what Dillard has this year I know we lost wright & gray on the defensive side but I don't know who we have now to replace them & I don't know how our offense is looking or if our Qb has worked on some of his down falls over the summer but as u said we will be able to tell a little more in may vs Miramar.

Think Western's gonna be good again? I figured that was a one hit wonder.

Western actually generally has talent, they just can't hold on to it. They even lose talent to Dade County at times. Neighboring rival Cypress Bay and Western generally pick up players from a solid Davie Bronco youth program.

Loads of D1 players have gone through Western over the years. One that they actually held on to went on to UM, and is now a Oakland Raider in Jonathan Feliciano.

Western offensively will be better than last. Last year their D was legit. If they bring back a better than average D , they will likely be a playoff team at least as strong as last year IMO.

0, ZERO!

That is the number of Flanagan starters returning and all Varsity Coaches returning combined.

That is unbelievable! Not a single coach or starter? Darn, even in the pros you don't have that kind of movement. Somehow, while I understand what drives this, I feel it cheapens the game. But I am an old guy, so what do I know. 

That is unbelievable! Not a single coach or starter? Darn, even in the pros you don't have that kind of movement. Somehow, while I understand what drives this, I feel it cheapens the game. But I am an old guy, so what do I know.

Nope. Everything gone....There may have been another "X" factor to the recent exodus outside of the resignation of HC Samuels, but I will leave that one alone. Water under the bridge at this point.

The interesting thing is after HC Samuels left, if the upcoming group stayed intact, Flanagan would have likely been a 8A contender again. Like I said there may have been a "X" factor there.

I believe a few of the assistants picked up gigs with Central, AHP, and perhaps a few more.

I mean this won't be unfamiliar territory for Flanagan because before 2 or 3 years ago Flanagan was middle of the pack or below avg anyway but still ...the way u can go from the top or close to it then to the bottom or darn near the bottom so quick

Meah.....Flanagan for the most part has always played in one of the better Districts in SFL and you have to go back to 2008 since they had a losing record. If you look at their progress from 2009 going forward, you can see they get better every year. A good gauge is how they faired versus District rival Miramar over the years. You could tell when Flanagan played @ top 25 Nationally ranked Miramar in 2013 with several FR/SO start in a tight game that the gap was closing and there was a special group of kids coming up over there. I would say average or better from 2009 to 2012, 2013 Good, 2014 Florida Elite, 2015 Nationally Elite, 2016 Good.

Devin Bush/Stanford Samuels and staff along with their Dirty Birdz had a nice 4 year run. Let's revert to calling them the Falcons going forward. I just have a hunch it will fit better...Flanagan starts their regular season @ Oxbridge, Week 2 @ STA, @ Miramar who will have revenge on their mind having not beat Flan since '13, and finish the year @ Chaminade-Madonna who also will be looking for payback from last year's drubbing to Flanagan. Mercy!

Here are 15 Public teams in no specific order I would throw out there for consideration:

Miramar

Western

Plantation

McArthur

South Broward

Deerfield Beach

Piper

Ely

Dillard

Boyd Anderson

Fort Lauderdale

Cooper City

Cypress Bay

Hallandale

Stoneman Douglas

Honestly Hallandle was decent last year Boyd needs to be more consistent Ft Lauderdale needs a new staff period.

Deerfield will be South 8a fav...

Ely will rise from the dead....

Dillard i think they will be good....

Miramar good team too....

Honestly Hallandle was decent last year Boyd needs to be more consistent Ft Lauderdale needs a new staff period.

Deerfield will be South 8a fav...

Ely will rise from the dead....

Dillard i think they will be good....

Miramar good team too....

8A South- Don't forget about Southridge, Atlantic, Coral Gables, Columbus and I am hearing South Dade is back on the rise.

If Miramar had an even average quarterback last year, they probably beat Western and make the playoffs. Their defense was legit. I was at that Miramar/Western game and left in the 3rd quarter. I was shocked to find out Western scored on the last drive of the game to win. As was said above, Western's offense should improve, but the defense should take a step back losing two FBS defensive ends. The secondary struggled last year as well.

To me, that district title comes down to Western and Miramar. Idk how good Cypress Bay or Flanagan will be, but I feel like the Western/Miramar loser will have a better than decent shot at the playoffs depending on strength of schedule.

If Miramar had an even average quarterback last year, they probably beat Western and make the playoffs. Their defense was legit. I was at that Miramar/Western game and left in the 3rd quarter. I was shocked to find out Western scored on the last drive of the game to win. As was said above, Western's offense should improve, but the defense should take a step back losing two FBS defensive ends. The secondary struggled last year as well.

To me, that district title comes down to Western and Miramar. Idk how good Cypress Bay or Flanagan will be, but I feel like the Western/Miramar loser will have a better than decent shot at the playoffs depending on strength of schedule.

Sounds like Flanagan gonna drop big time