2017 NFL Draft - Broward County

BrowardHandicapper

STA does not get the best of the best across the board. But they do get many very good play-makers, some of of whom are the best. Their chief strength, though, is their depth, which is not matched by 99% of the public schools.

That said, this year, is a fluke situation for sure. I am pretty sure if you take the last 10 NFL drafts, this year's situation holds very infrequently. 

STA does not get the best of the best across the board. But they do get many very good play-makers, some of of whom are the best. Their chief strength, though, is their depth, which is not matched by 99% of the public schools.

That said, this year, is a fluke situation for sure. I am pretty sure if you take the last 10 NFL drafts, this year's situation holds very infrequently.

First time since 09

Next argument will be that South Florida publics can compete with STA

SO WHAT?!!

They not playing South Florida publics at state and teams in the north don't get the depth to South Florida and that's all because the demographics don't situate the same up here

We don't have 50+ D1 athletes within a 5-10 mile radius like broward and Dade County

Even if they don't all go to STA they still got it a hell a lot easier then any north Florida public

Guarantee that rate exists no where in the true North Florida area

SO WHAT?!!

They not playing South Florida publics at state and teams in the north don't get the depth to South Florida and that's all because the demographics don't situate the same up here

We don't have 50+ D1 athletes within a 5-10 mile radius like broward and Dade County

Even if they don't all go to STA they still got it a hell a lot easier then any north Florida public

People's opinions don't change easily. There are a number of reasons for this: 1. It is hard to admit you are wrong.; 2. The opinion may be based on a belief that advantages the holder of the opinion; 3. Beliefs and attitudes get ingrained over time (it is one of the reasons why in certain companies and industries, older, experience people are not hired); and there are a number of other reasons, which I will leave to the imagination of readers. 

Most of the discussions/arguments held around opinions usually go nowhere in the sense that none of the participants change or even modify there beliefs (at least not publicly). However, for some reason (perhaps having to do with our inbuilt irrationality), this does not affect the prevalence of these arguments/discussions. Hence, the thriving (at least formerly), National Board. I dare say that to many individuals these arguments are a substitute for war and are inbuilt into our phyche over the course of our history on this planet. 

Once you understand this, you see the frequent debates/arguments/discussions in a new light. For me, I share my thoughts when I think they will be productive and avoid some of the discussions that I think will go nowhere. But each person needs to evaluate their reason for posting and act accordingly. 

People's opinions don't change easily. There are a number of reasons for this: 1. It is hard to admit you are wrong.; 2. The opinion may be based on a belief that advantages the holder of the opinion; 3. Beliefs and attitudes get ingrained over time (it is one of the reasons why in certain companies and industries, older, experience people are not hired); and there are a number of other reasons, which I will leave to the imagination of readers.

Most of the discussions/arguments held around opinions usually go nowhere in the sense that none of the participants change or even modify there beliefs (at least not publicly). However, for some reason (perhaps having to do with our inbuilt irrationality), this does not affect the prevalence of these arguments/discussions. Hence, the thriving (at least formerly), National Board. I dare say that to many individuals these arguments are a substitute for war and are inbuilt into our phyche over the course of our history on this planet.

Once you understand this, you see the frequent debates/arguments/discussions in a new light. For me, I share my thoughts when I think they will be productive and avoid some of the discussions that I think will go nowhere. But each person needs to evaluate their reason for posting and act accordingly.

This might be the most logic based post I've ever seen

Was this a FCAT answer lol but I hear you

SO WHAT?!!

So then we don't need to hear all the Crap that some north fla guys and some folks that live in the west fla area crap about when it comes to STA.. They still can't explain to me why STA don't go undefeated every year..

SO WHAT?!!

What gets me is I never mentioned North Florida, and I even admitted that may wording was a fluke statement - meaning it was a rare occurrence. I just figured it could be a little food for thought if you can ever think outside the brainwashed box like that of many....

Also, the fact that you yourself brought "north Florida " into this with a obvious shoot from the hip tone, clearly implies your insecurities on the topic, when it had nothing to do with North Florida.

Just saying.

What gets me is I never mentioned North Florida, and I even admitted that may wording was a fluke statement - meaning it was a rare occurrence. I just figured it could be a little food for thought if you can ever think outside the brainwashed box like that of many....

Also, the fact that you yourself brought "north Florida " into this with a obvious shoot from the hip tone, clearly implies your insecurities on the topic, when it had nothing to do with North Florida.

Just saying.

The reason i bring up North Florida was regarding the idea that sta doesent get the all stars of the county and even sometimes lose to South Florida publics as you have pointed out before

What i ask is how would South Florida publics beating sta prove that a north Florida team can?

And yes i apologize for getting it off topic and i will say on topic that like darter said in a different thread the better players from that class declared early last year as Juniors which limited the number of top prospects from sta in this draft

My brain caught a cramp after reading this.....I will take some salt tablets and hopefully be ready for practice tomorrow