Spring Results

Sharkbait

45 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Always been a Columbia fan. Saw them beat long time rival Live Oak in the early '70s and lose a championship at Gainesville in the late 90's. Had a teammate at B-CU, Al Denson who played there. Also Columbia grad, Reynard Wilson ( FSU, Cincinnati Bengals ) is the 1st cousin to the greatest brothers to ever put on a Mainland football jersey,  Vince, Tony, and Kenny Wilson.... Peace

Sounds like Columbia and mainland have a lot in common, and it goes deeper then just the fact both teams have very extended winning season and playoff season streaks lol

I always like seeing a program like mainland suceed because they been steadily good for a long time and it's not easy so it's easy to recognize them as a top program in my view

Any team can get a few good years because of a lucky break in a talent pool for a few years but to be consistent at the top is far more impressive 

5 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

Interesting story about the East Ridge vs. IMG Academy game from Saturday Down South: 

Meet the kid who just played the most unfair spring game in high school football history

Give East Ridge credit. They are not afraid to play tough competition. Miami Central last year IMG this year. You lean a lot about yourself and your team when you are under that kind of pressure.

On 5/20/2017 at 3:33 PM, Dan in Daytona said:

Zoe, you're right with the new regional seeding now in place. My crystal ball says Mainland beats MC, MNW, and CC on consecutive weeks. Then beats Norland in the semi's , but loses to Columbia in the final :)

Lmao 

2 hours ago, Miamidade92 said:

Gables won 13-7

Both teams will be tough this year in 8A

Agree. I don't see any nationally top 25 elite teams in 8A Dade but as far as  8A Dade depth goes... it is as strong as ever IMO.

North Miami Beach

North Miami

Columbus

Coral Gables

Miami Senior

Palmetto

Southridge

South Dade

Could all be dangerous 8A  teams out of Dade this year.

American 

Dr. Krop

Belen Jesuit

Miami Southwest

Killian

Should also be watched to possibly make a little noise...

That is a total of 13 teams that could potentially be good to very good in 8A Dade in 2017. 

All just my opinion for now.......  Am I missing anyone in 8A Dade that could be a sleeper?

5 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Agree. I don't see any nationally top 25 elite teams in 8A Dade but as far as  8A Dade depth goes... it is as strong as ever IMO.

North Miami Beach

North Miami

Columbus

Coral Gables

Miami Senior

Palmetto

Southridge

South Dade

Could all be dangerous 8A  teams out of Dade this year.

American 

Dr. Krop

Belen Jesuit

Miami Southwest

Killian

Should also be watched to possibly make a little noise...

That is a total of 13 teams that could potentially be good to very good in 8A Dade in 2017. 

All just my opinion for now.......  Am I missing anyone in 8A Dade that could be a sleeper?

You pretty much hit it all.. I agree with all of this... 8a Dade is deep this year..

On 20/05/2017 at 3:33 PM, Dan in Daytona said:

Zoe, you're right with the new regional seeding now in place. My crystal ball says Mainland beats MC, MNW, and CC on consecutive weeks. Then beats Norland in the semi's , but loses to Columbia in the final :)

And then Dan in Daytona wakes up panting for air, drenched in a cold sweat ;-)

Talk about a nightmare!

8 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Broward, Zoe,  you both seemed to have missed this following post, on Page 7, stating my true feelings on the subject matter. I'm a homer, but not senile yet.

I seen it in page 7 lol those HS teams would get destroyed 

15 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

To the Dade guru's : (hypothetically of course) Name a program in America that could beat MC, MNW, and CC on consecutive weekends ? STA?,BG?,DBP?, NCally, IMG,Tex,Ga,Ohio,La,Ala,Utah,......(offseason speculation, food for thought :)

That's a different story 

I don't think there a high school who can but a college program would 

1 hour ago, columbiahighfan said:

That's a different story 

I don't think there a high school who can but a college program would 

Bishop Gorman img sta last year and this year and a few others to name a few now if your talking bout just in the state of fl then I'm taking img & sta all day but nationally ? Man it's a few of em that would roll those boys neither of the 3 was even top 3 in Florida last year ...are they legit as hell ? Yeah do they deserve all the respect & then some ? Yeah but there's plenty teams nationally that would do more then just go toe to toe with them in consecutive weeks....judt my opinion 

5 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

Bishop Gorman img sta last year and this year and a few others to name a few now if your talking bout just in the state of fl then I'm taking img & sta all day but nationally ? Man it's a few of em that would roll those boys neither of the 3 was even top 3 in Florida last year ...are they legit as hell ? Yeah do they deserve all the respect & then some ? Yeah but there's plenty teams nationally that would do more then just go toe to toe with them in consecutive weeks....judt my opinion 

Img barely escaped centennial and Bishop Sullivan 

I would put money on them falling having to face those loaded South Florida publics in 3 straight weeks 

Can't speak to Bishop Gorman since I'm not familiar with most of teams they played 

Sta same with img,  a team playing them would be beat up after 2 then face a 3rd it would be too much 

23 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Img barely escaped centennial and Bishop Sullivan 

I would put money on them falling having to face those loaded South Florida publics in 3 straight weeks 

Can't speak to Bishop Gorman since I'm not familiar with most of teams they played 

Sta same with img,  a team playing them would be beat up after 2 then face a 3rd it would be too much 

STA got depth for days what u mean boy look I'm from down here seen CC MNW & MC & STA & etc so I believe I have a little bit more insight on them ..only u can go off what u c on here no disrespect....this year STA team & last would have beaten All 3 by at least 10 CC struggled to beat bear lake Gibson in the championship gam3 granted LG improved as the season went on but if that was st Thomas that game would have been over by halftime 

3 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

& u say iMG Barely escaped bishop sulivian ane centienal UMMM last time I checked don't they only schedule national ranked t3ams meaning those teams are some what as Good as them which means CC MNW OR CC would have just str8 up lost to those teams 

Both teams are talented but that Miami talent pool is deeper than any area in the country, img would not have gotten through that gauntlet 3 weeks in a row and don't be surprised when northwestern puts IMG in its place this year, im tired of people saying the only good teams are STA and IMG, I'm gonna enjoy watching IMG get put in their place by the Dade County powerhouses 

10 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

STA got depth for days what u mean boy look I'm from down here seen CC MNW & MC & STA & etc so I believe I have a little bit more insight on them ..only u can go off what u c on here no disrespect....this year STA team & last would have beaten All 3 by at least 10 CC struggled to beat bear lake Gibson in the championship gam3 granted LG improved as the season went on but if that was st Thomas that game would have been over by halftime 

Sta has depth but so does Carol City, Miami Central, and Miami Northwestern 

It a lot harder to beat teams that close or at your level especially in 3 straight weeks,  i don't see any team who would sweep those 3 in consecutive weeks