Spring Results

Sharkbait

8 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Sta has depth but so does Carol City, Miami Central, and Miami Northwestern 

It a lot harder to beat teams that close or at your level especially in 3 straight weeks,  i don't see any team who would sweep those 3 in consecutive weeks

When did those 3 teams ever get at STA level please tell me ....its levels to this homeboy 

You have below avg Avg above avg Good Great & Super star and Neither of those3 teams are a dam super star team like STA IMG OR BG neither are great in my opinion they are Very Good and so happens to play in a state where the level of play is mediocre with the exception of a few teams so if your an exception and all the other exceptions are in the same South region when you go north ain't no competition really MNW haven't 1 a state title since when Carol city 1 last year for tur first time since when Miami central was not even great last year and missed the playoffs but all of a sudden those teams are gonna give these super teams out here with super team coaching staffs A L in the win lost column Stop it

2 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

When did those 3 teams ever get at STA level please tell me ....its levels to this homeboy 

You have below avg Avg above avg Good Great & Super star and Neither of those3 teams are a dam super star team like STA IMG OR BG neither are great in my opinion they are Very Good and so happens to play in a state where the level of play is mediocre with the exception of a few teams so if your an exception and all the other exceptions are in the same South region when you go north ain't no competition really MNW haven't 1 a state title since when Carol city 1 last year for tur first time since when Miami central was not even great last year and missed the playoffs but all of a sudden those teams are gonna give these super teams out here with super team coaching staffs A L in the win lost column Stop it

BTW beat STA last year

AHP beat IMG year before 

And yet all 3 of those Miami powers probably better than BTW and AHP so i would feel safe saying that if they played in 3 consecutive weeks that they wouldn't pull a sweep

And idk if i consider IMG a elite coaching staff, they went to play Grayson and only thing i saw them do successful on offense was a qb draw, they don't have any Shula on that sideline by any stretch and elite talent can be beat if you face another team that can match your talent, img can lose like anyone else and they should have lost at least 2 or 3 last year and barely escaped a few of those games 

STA has a different level of depth than the public schools like CC, NW, Central, BTW. STA has 3-stars sitting on the bench at multiple positions. I don't think many, if any kids with FBS offers are riding the pine for those other schools. All of them are on the field in some capacity. Elijah Moore for instance. He would (should?) have been at Western tearing it up last season, but he went to STA and didn't make much of an impact on the field. Their backup running back is going to a BCS school.

The other thing about STA losing to BTW and IMG losing to American Heritage, those were in week 1 and the kickoff classic, respectively. Give those mega teams time to gel (a few weeks) and it may be a different story in each game. By the time I saw STA play Flanagan last season, they were a well-oiled machine.

I don't think this season's STA team would get through that trio in consecutive weeks in the playoffs. It would all depend on how strong each team is in a given season.

2 minutes ago, DB4 said:

STA has a different level of depth than the public schools like CC, NW, Central, BTW. STA has 3-stars sitting on the bench at multiple positions. I don't think many, if any kids with FBS offers are riding the pine for those other schools. All of them are on the field in some capacity. Elijah Moore for instance. He would (should?) have been at Western tearing it up last season, but he went to STA and didn't make much of an impact on the field. Their backup running back is going to a BCS school.

The other thing about STA losing to BTW and IMG losing to American Heritage, those were in week 1 and the kickoff classic, respectively. Give those mega teams time to gel (a few weeks) and it may be a different story in each game. By the time I saw STA play Flanagan last season, they were a well-oiled machine.

I don't think this season's STA team would get through that trio in consecutive weeks in the playoffs. It would all depend on how strong each team is in a given season.

IMG won't be undefeated this year

Those Miami teams,  specifically northwestern will give them a run for their money

6 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Is STA down this year? 

They were edged by Piper in District play in 2016. 

The problem with Douglas is they are always very suspect in the secondary and many would say the QB's consistency.

Their DL and LBs are decent. WRs are average. The staple of Douglas is generally solid OL and RBs along with solid coaching. 

Their top RB transferred to STA this winter and a 6'5 , 300lb OL to AHP. That tends to happen to the Eagles a lot.  If you are familiar with the Herberts most recently over at AHP, those cousins were  Douglas kids originally, and are now at Kansas and I believe Miami?

Santaluces has a lot of work to do. They have a lot of kids out, look fairly athletic but they are getting annihilated on the LOS and cannot breath to get a play off. Santaluces did not won a game last year and have only won 5 games the last 3 years in PB County 8A. I hope they can get something going this fall and get a couple Ws.

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Santaluces has a lot of work to do. They have a lot of kids out, look fairly athletic but they are getting annihilated on the LOS and cannot breath to get a play off. Santaluces did not won a game last year and have only won 5 games the last 3 years in PB County 8A. I hope they can get something going this fall and get a couple Ws.

Seen that program play since 2011 they were a scrapy team sometimes but since 2014 Vero has had their way with this team, they did come close to beating us in 2013 the year i was going to play my senior year

In an entertaining game, Apopka defeated Orange City University 38-22 after being down 14-8 at the half. 

The good:

1. Solid running game.

2. Solid defense.

The bad:

1. Center snapped the ball in the dirt about 10 times throughout the game. This caused two turnovers and a touchdown against us. This can and needs to be fixed before August gets underway.

2. A couple of our best offensive skill players that both played two weeks ago in the blue and white scrimmage where out for the game. This obviously hurt our performance.

Other comments:

Lorenzo Lingard is very fast; however, we contained him pretty well. He got some yards, but his longest run of the night was just under 30 yards. He struck me as a very fast guy who is primarily a north/south runner. The running backs that give us the most trouble are the ones that are good at making tacklers miss. He does not fall into that category. 

We also picked off their QB three times and may have our best secondary in several years. 

We did not use a kicker during the game and went for two each time we scored, converting four times and being stopped once. It is my understanding that our kicker for next year is a rising 9th grader (still in middle school).

8 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

In an entertaining game, Apopka defeated Orange City University 38-22 after being down 14-8 at the half. 

The good:

1. Solid running game.

2. Solid defense.

The bad:

1. Center snapped the ball in the dirt about 10 times throughout the game. This caused two turnovers and a touchdown against us. This can and needs to be fixed before August gets underway.

2. Our two best offensive skill players (running back and wide receiver) that both played two weeks ago in the blue and white scrimmage where no where to be seen. While I don't know this for sure, I can only assume that they have transferred. 

Other comments:

Lorenzo Lingard is very fast; however, we contained him pretty well. He got some yards, but his longest run of the night was just under 30 yards. He struck me as a very fast guy who is primarily a north/south runner. The running backs that give us the most trouble are the ones that are good at making tacklers miss. He does not fall into that category. 

We also picked off their QB three times and may have our best secondary in several years. 

We did not use a kicker during the game and went for two each time we scored, converting four times and being stopped once. It is my understanding that our kicker for next year is a rising 9th grader (still in middle school).

So linguard is not that elusive? I'm asking cause he's committed to the U and I know he's very fast..

38 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

So linguard is not that elusive? I'm asking cause he's committed to the U and I know he's very fast..

That's my take. A quick, athletic defense can disrupt him. He had about half of University's yards last night and I figured they had around 200 total offensive yards. He tried to get to the edge several times last night and except for once, he was unsuccessful. In college, running behind a strong offensive line, he may be okay and could even end up being great.

However, I was not terribly impressed last night. I believe Daytona Dan posted a comment on him earlier and I would tend to concur with it. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That's my take. A quick, athletic defense can disrupt him. He had about half of University's yards last night and I figured they had around 200 total offensive yards. He tried to get to the edge several times last night and except for once, he was unsuccessful. In college, running behind a strong offensive line, he may be okay and could even end up being great.

However, I was not terribly impressed last night. I believe Daytona Dan posted a comment on him earlier and I would tend to concur with it. 

Ok that's good to here.. Him and the Carol City rb are committed to the U... I heard he's a track star.. I really don't get crunk up for track stars ... But hopefully he excels down here... So Dan you seen both backs in Lingard and Davis , who you think is better?

On 5/26/2017 at 9:21 AM, Zoe Boy said:

Ok that's good to here.. Him and the Carol City rb are committed to the U... I heard he's a track star.. I really don't get crunk up for track stars ... But hopefully he excels down here... So Dan you seen both backs in Lingard and Davis , who you think is better?

Zoe, Davis got 150+ yds on 9 carries against Mainland and had 3 TD's. He also ran behind a large athletic line that made space and a wide open dangerous spread offense with speed. He most definitely has better open-field moves then Lingard and appeared to be more explosive. But in fairness, O.C.'s  OL was not even close to CC's. In two scrimmage games against Mainland, Lingard never was a factor, never broke a 10yrd'er, never had space. O.C.'s passing game was non existent. They were a one dimensional straight ahead run team. We stacked the box and they did nothing. Like Darter said, put Lingard behind a massive OL to create space and he should blow by defenders with speed alone. Great athlete with good size and track speed. Moves, cut back, spins, zig-zags, and misses aren't his style. He is not my preferred style of running back, but to each his own......

On 5/24/2017 at 10:11 PM, DB4 said:

Agreed on the depth, but even still it's a hard task for any team to beat 3 teams like those in consecutive weeks.  Even for STA.  I do think if there was going to be a team to do it though, it'd have been STA.