Spring Results

Sharkbait

PSJ vs Holmes County

1st Quarter   PSJ JV - 8      HC JV - 0

2nd              PSJ Varsity - 16     HC Varsity -0

3rd               PSj Varsity - 0       HC Varsity-14

4th                PSJ JV    -6         HC Varsity -14

Pretty good night of football some new faces making big plays.  Have some key players that missed the spring with injuries if they are able to return by fall  PSJ should be solid.

Mainland  33 Spruce Creek 7....young,fast,athletic.....reload...Dade county or bust...

Lake Mary 56  Hagerty  21

Lyman  45  Oviedo  21

Lake Howell  56  Lake Brantley  21

Sanford  48  Winter Springs  14

Flagler Palm Coast 27  Seabreeze  6

NSB  21  Deland  0

Deltona  31  Orlando 1st Academy 29 

7 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Mainland  33 Spruce Creek 7....young,fast,athletic.....reload...Dade county or bust...

Lyman  45  Oviedo  21

NSB  21  Deland  0

Mainland vs Spruce Creek score was expected. From the little I have seen of SC over the years, they don't match up well against a fast, athletic team like Mainland. Two very surprising scores were the Lyman/Oviedo and Lake Howell/Lake Brantley ones. Lake Howell has not been relevant since Marquette Smith was there in the mid 1990s. And Lake Brantley has always been relatively strong/Lyman relatively weak among Seminole County schools. Spring is funny, though, so I won't read too much into this yet. 

6 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

DFB has a good defense. MC is significantly undersized on the o-line. They couldn't hold their blocks the entire time. I was there.

I saw MNW and Norland play this week and both Ds were very sound up front...  If the MC OL was getting handled by DFB, then the Rockets have a big problem on their hands heading into District play.......and I haven't even mentioned CC yet.   MNW is a given but Norland's D  was bringing heavy pressure as well.  They had BTW QB Daniel Richardson on the run or getting rid of the ball for the most part of the 2 qtr scrimmage.

We are still only in May and that MC OL may very well get a couple of new faces.  

11 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Lyman  45  Oviedo  21

NSB  21  Deland  0

That quiet sums is up Dan and you guys might play a Dade County team 1st rd

3 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

That quiet sums is up Dan and you guys might play a Dade County team 1st rd

Zoe, you're right with the new regional seeding now in place. My crystal ball says Mainland beats MC, MNW, and CC on consecutive weeks. Then beats Norland in the semi's , but loses to Columbia in the final :)

Always been a Columbia fan. Saw them beat long time rival Live Oak in the early '70s and lose a championship at Gainesville in the late 90's. Had a teammate at B-CU, Al Denson who played there. Also Columbia grad, Reynard Wilson ( FSU, Cincinnati Bengals ) is the 1st cousin to the greatest brothers to ever put on a Mainland football jersey,  Vince, Tony, and Kenny Wilson.... Peace