Palm Beach County Pre-season Top 10

Mashburns

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I would agree.  Their schedule is still very solid for a 3A team but as you said - more bearable. 8-2 would be impressive with their schedule IMO.  Talent is there to make things happen but my concern for them would be their secondary matching up to arguably the strongest WR core in the state in Chaminade-Madonna.

A very interesting tidbit however -  CM QB last year Henry Columbi's father  ( also Henry Columbi) was a Defensive Back /Assistant Coach at CM, went over to neighboring Archbishop McCarthy in the early spring, and now is a DB/Assistant Coach at AHD.  You would think AHD has hired the ideal coach to counter a heavy part of CM's offensive schemes.....Coinicdence?

Do you feel Chaminade Madonna has to win state for the year to be a success because of the talent level on this team combined with a slightly easier road to states with Jax Trinity Christian up in 5a?

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Do you feel Chaminade Madonna has to win state for the year to be a success because of the talent level on this team combined with a slightly easier road to states with Jax Trinity Christian up in 5a?

Well the State Championship game may be easier for CM but the road to states is not much easier.  Not on the level of a 2017 Chaminade but there is some new blood in 3A that being a little underrated right now. Teams like Benjamin, Kings Academy and Calvary Christian are likely going to hold their own in 3A.  AHD should be vastly improved, Cardinal Newman will be stronger. MCC should be at least as strong as last and Oxbridge down a bit is still a very talented hungry 3A team.  

3A lost TCA but they are solid in depth in depth.  What should be 9 sound and capable 3A teams below.

3A-Region 2/4 Combined

Chaminade-Madonna (3A-4)

Oxbridge Academy (3A-2)
Melbourne Central Catholic (3A-2)

American Heritage Delray (3A-4)

Cardinal Newman (3A-2)
Benjamin (3A-4)
First Academy (3A-2)
Kings Academy (3A-2)
Calvary Christian (3A-4)

I don't know who will come out of 3A North but even TCA would have their hands full with this 2017 TCA team.

5 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Well the State Championship game may be easier for CM but the road to states is not much easier.  Not on the level of a 2017 Chaminade but there is some new blood in 3A that being a little underrated right now. Teams like Benjamin, Kings Academy and Calvary Christian are likely going to hold their own in 3A.  AHD should be vastly improved, Cardinal Newman will be stronger. MCC should be at least as strong as last and Oxbridge down a bit is still a very talented hungry 3A team.  

3A lost TCA but they are solid in depth in depth.  What should be 9 sound and capable 3A teams below.

3A-Region 2/4 Combined

Chaminade-Madonna (3A-4)

Oxbridge Academy (3A-2)
Melbourne Central Catholic (3A-2)

American Heritage Delray (3A-4)

Cardinal Newman (3A-2)
Benjamin (3A-4)
First Academy (3A-2)
Kings Academy (3A-2)
Calvary Christian (3A-4)

I don't know who will come out of 3A North but even TCA would have their hands full with this 2017 TCA team.

Oxbridge is in north so probably them

Not sure which region CCC and MCC in and Tampa and Trinity Catholic should be decent this year 

30 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oxbridge is in north so probably them

Not sure which region CCC and MCC in and Tampa and Trinity Catholic should be decent this year 

18 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

MCC is in North now. I see them playing Chaminade in the finals.  MCC will be very battle tested in the regular season this year

My bad ..you guys are right.  So we could have a 3A "North" rep from Palm Beach county?

I'm all for it...I just want the best teams to meet at States.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:07 AM, Cjm04 said:

The fact that your list does not include Boynton.....Although it was only the spring Boynton held Lakes to one first down....And only gave up 3 to Deerfield after the offense had a fumble deep in their own territory.

I didn't weigh the spring game to much but boynton is a team I'm keeping my eye but also with the Hall kid leaving Lakes going over to Gardens lakes may quickly jump out the top 10 by week 2 depending on how they recover after losing the hall kid

22 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

My bad ..you guys are right.  So we could have a 3A "North" rep from Palm Beach county?

I'm all for it...I just want the best teams to meet at States.

Chaminade by far will represent the south AHD will give them a tough first half of that game before state but I don't think they have enough to go 4 quarters with Chaminade. North MCC as of now look like they will represent the North but Oxbridge can surprise and slip up in there if they can stay healthy throughout the season because depth will be an issue for them but if I was a betting man I would say we see Chaminade vs MCC in state.

Depth is a problem for every 3A team except Chaminade. MCC and Oxbridge are evenly matched, but I'm giving the nod to MCC because Oxbridge,as a program is clearly on its way down because the powers that be seem to be willing it. MCC doesn't have a realistic shot against Chaminade in the finals- nobody in 3A 2017 does. Even if Chaminade lost Shaun Shivers and Xavier Williams, they still have more D-1 talent on the roster than 80% of the teams in Florida, let alone 3A.

It's funny reading these message boards with people asking "Do you think Chaminade is the best team in 3A"- it's like watching a blowout on TV and the announcers are trying to keep people from changing the channel. Chaminade will beat every team in 3A this year not named AHD, Oxbridge or have Central Catholic in their name by 4-5 TD's. They'll beat AHD, Oxbridge and schools named Central Catholic by 2-3 TD's.

CCC and AHD have lots of numbers in their senior classes- but lets not by silly, if you follow college recruiting both schools are going to have multiple power 5 player conference players in their junior classes and upwards of 10-12 kids playing college football in 2019 somewhere after they graduate.

In the end I commend Chaminade-Madonna for doing the right thing. They won't seriously be challenged in 3A, so they are playing some of the top teams in America- because they themselves, for 2017, are a top team in America.

25 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Depth is a problem for every 3A team except Chaminade. MCC and Oxbridge are evenly matched, but I'm giving the nod to MCC because Oxbridge,as a program is clearly on its way down because the powers that be seem to be willing it. MCC doesn't have a realistic shot against Chaminade in the finals- nobody in 3A 2017 does. Even if Chaminade lost Shaun Shivers and Xavier Williams, they still have more D-1 talent on the roster than 80% of the teams in Florida, let alone 3A.

It's funny reading these message boards with people asking "Do you think Chaminade is the best team in 3A"- it's like watching a blowout on TV and the announcers are trying to keep people from changing the channel. Chaminade will beat every team in 3A this year not named AHD, Oxbridge or have Central Catholic in their name by 4-5 TD's. They'll beat AHD, Oxbridge and schools named Central Catholic by 2-3 TD's.

CCC and AHD have lots of numbers in their senior classes- but lets not by silly, if you follow college recruiting both schools are going to have multiple power 5 player conference players in their junior classes and upwards of 10-12 kids playing college football in 2019 somewhere after they graduate.

In the end I commend Chaminade-Madonna for doing the right thing. They won't seriously be challenged in 3A, so they are playing some of the top teams in America- because they themselves, for 2017, are a top team in America.

I agree 100% but hopefully MCC can stay healthy during the season especially after the Buford game

55 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Keem,

I freely admit I'm rooting for MCC this year and hope the Hustlers have a strong season. I think everybody will root for MCC when they travel to GA regardless if they're a future foe or not.  If I were looking at a single team to upset Chaminade this year it would be the Hustlers.

No game a guarantee, no one is immune to losing 

1 hour ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Keem,

I freely admit I'm rooting for MCC this year and hope the Hustlers have a strong season. I think everybody will root for MCC when they travel to GA regardless if they're a future foe or not.  If I were looking at a single team to upset Chaminade this year it would be the Hustlers.

Yea me too. Their first major test is the first game of the regular season for them. In my eyes they scheduled up to be battle tested and prepare them for Chaminade at seasons end if they make it that far

17 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Depth can be an issue in 3a for most teams I'm sure but in Oxbridge case they maybe 1 or 2 kids going down away from really not making it out or to the first round of the playoffs. With the new point system all 10 games count and looking at their schedule if they go 7-3 or even 8-2 depending on the two they may not make into the playoffs because the schedule is lacking quality opponents especially compared  to M.C.C and C.M , at this point I haven't had a chance to look at A.H.D schedule but I think we all agree they will not hold a candle to C.M