2017 upset picks?

DisabledAccount

34 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

No. I don't think normal teams can beat IMG or any top 25 team for that matter. You would need a multitude of injuries and/or suspensions and a "Rudy"state of mind referee for a normal team to have a prayer against an elite team.

Not what I'm saying 

I'm saying they can lose like a normal team can

The difference is that the IMG players, when recruited, are first and foremost some of the best from all over the country and in some cases the world. They then are professionally trained. They eat and sleep football. Their roster is huge so no IMG player becomes fatigued. Many of their players sitting on the bench or substitutes would be stars on most other teams. I have been at IMG games. My team played them two years in a row. I have watched them on TV playing out of state. They are the closest thing to a machine that I've ever seen in HS football. What truly amazes me about them is that they seem to accomplish their plays effortlessly. Yes, there are times when an opponent will score on them or have a long pass reception or run. But, I honestly think that is more a let down on IMG's part than expertise on the opponent's part. Let's face it, they have beaten the best in the nation on a regular basis. And they travel thousands of miles to do it. I really don't feel that any Florida team, even STA, can beat IMG these days. Possibly their first year's football team as they were beaten a couple of times. These days they may give IMG a game. Heck 3A Trinity Christian gave IMG a game. We, Trinity Catholic, actually gave IMG two games. But, could we realistically beat them? Nope. When, in the very few games that IMG has been threatened, they just turned up the burners and played to another level.

2 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Not what I'm saying 

I'm saying they can lose like a normal team can

Normal teams lose 4-5 games a year mostly against normal teams. 

IMG does not even bother playing normal teams to start with.  So IMG won't be losing to any "normal" team soon. Who is the "normal " team IMG is playing this year? Venice?

If IMG loses this year, it won't be to a normal team. Teams like Miami Northwestern are not normal teams the last I checked. They are probably already a top 10 team in FL and a top 100 team nationally and that is probably putting it conservatively.

6 hours ago, Proseteye said:

The difference is that the IMG players, when recruited, are first and foremost some of the best from all over the country and in some cases the world. They then are professionally trained. They eat and sleep football. Their roster is huge so no IMG player becomes fatigued. Many of their players sitting on the bench or substitutes would be stars on most other teams. I have been at IMG games. My team played them two years in a row. I have watched them on TV playing out of state. They are the closest thing to a machine that I've ever seen in HS football. What truly amazes me about them is that they seem to accomplish their plays effortlessly. Yes, there are times when an opponent will score on them or have a long pass reception or run. But, I honestly think that is more a let down on IMG's part than expertise on the opponent's part. Let's face it, they have beaten the best in the nation on a regular basis. And they travel thousands of miles to do it. I really don't feel that any Florida team, even STA, can beat IMG these days. Possibly their first year's football team as they were beaten a couple of times. These days they may give IMG a game. Heck 3A Trinity Christian gave IMG a game. We, Trinity Catholic, actually gave IMG two games. But, could we realistically beat them? Nope. When, in the very few games that IMG has been threatened, they just turned up the burners and played to another level.

But that AHP team that beat them years back was good and idc if it was a koc.. Both teams starters played the whole game.. So I feel they are teams out their that can beat em.. They are not that much of a world beater..

59 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

But that AHP team that beat them years back was good and idc if it was a koc.. Both teams starters played the whole game.. So I feel they are teams out their that can beat em.. They are not that much of a world beater..

Exactly zoe

That's all I'm trying to say when i say they not that big and bad is that they can lose like any other team 

@Proseteye if AHP could beat them I'm sure a top 5 team in the state could have a shot,  and i don't even think that 2015 AHP was top 5 in Florida, top 10 yeah but i had them like 6 or 7 in state 

2 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Exactly zoe

That's all I'm trying to say when i say they not that big and bad is that they can lose like any other team 

@Proseteye if AHP could beat them I'm sure a top 5 team in the state could have a shot,  and i don't even think that 2015 AHP was top 5 in Florida, top 10 yeah but i had them like 6 or 7 in state 

But AHP 3 years ago is not a "normal" team.  That is what you are not grasping.  You said IMG can "lose like normal teams" 

Normal teams lose to normal teams. IMG rarely plays normal teams. 

How many normal teams have even beat AHP in last few years?

Elite teams only lose to elite teams and rarely very good teams. Try to process that.

Normal teams NEVER beat elite teams without injuries, suspensions, and refs looking for attention.

Make a list please of all the times historically a top 3 team in the U.S. has lost to a "normal" team which would fall in the range of a 5-5 record but not greater then 6-4 or not less then 4-6.

Go ahead and provide that please.

My whole take on this is that that game against AHP img had multiple starters out for the game but I mean over there who wouldn't be a key starter at another school Lol.

Long story short Since that "lost" 3 years ago HAVE IMG LOST SINCE.!??? I don't want to here teams scored on them or the game was close ...they travel thousands of miles to play the nation's best who recruit from all over like they do who Got top coaches like img do ...so what should we expect iMG TO us every team they play scoreless wit negative yardage ???

oMG is a Well oiled machine who I believe will go undefeated this year again....yes That mean I'm picking them against MNW CENTRAL AND CAROL CITY with a point spread of at least 10 Neaitherr  those games will be KOC or first game of the season so img will not be caught off guard by anything they do in my opinion IMG Can prepare for any team in on this globe but I'm not sure I can say thr same for their opponents especially regular teams like MNW & ETC Are they above avg and can beat & execute a game plan against almost 70% of the schools in Florida?  Yeah ....but with img u will never know what theyare gonna hit u with until your in the game there like MY NE PATRIOTS of Hs football.

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

But AHP 3 years ago is not a "normal" team.  That is what you are not grasping.  You said IMG can "lose like normal teams" 

Elite teams only lose to elite teams and rarely very good teams. Try to process that.

Normal teams NEVER beat elite teams without injuries, suspensions, and refs looking for attention.

Make a list please of all the times historically a top 3 team in the U.S. has lost to a "normal" team which would fall in the range of a 5-5 record but not greater then 6-4 or not less then 4-6.

You are twisting my words

Just because i say they can lose like a normal team does not mean they lose TO a normal team

All it means is they are capable of losing a football game like every single other team in the country

2 hours ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

My whole take on this is that that game against AHP img had multiple starters out for the game but I mean over there who wouldn't be a key starter at another school Lol.

Long story short Since that "lost" 3 years ago HAVE IMG LOST SINCE.!??? I don't want to here teams scored on them or the game was close ...they travel thousands of miles to play the nation's best who recruit from all over like they do who Got top coaches like img do ...so what should we expect iMG TO us every team they play scoreless wit negative yardage ???

oMG is a Well oiled machine who I believe will go undefeated this year again....yes That mean I'm picking them against MNW CENTRAL AND CAROL CITY with a point spread of at least 10 Neaitherr  those games will be KOC or first game of the season so img will not be caught off guard by anything they do in my opinion IMG Can prepare for any team in on this globe but I'm not sure I can say thr same for their opponents especially regular teams like MNW & ETC Are they above avg and can beat & execute a game plan against almost 70% of the schools in Florida?  Yeah ....but with img u will never know what theyare gonna hit u with until your in the game there like MY NE PATRIOTS of Hs football.

LMAO New England patriots?!! 

Man you give them way too much credit 

They didn't play STA

They didn't play Bishop Gorman 

They didn't play St John Bosco 

Until they have beaten their contemporaries they don't belong being compared to the patriots

Oh and 10 point spread? 

I highly doubt that, i would take that bet brah 

I have a bet for you 

You say they won't come within 10 point spread of any of the 3 Miami teams they playing 

If they beat all 3 by 10 or more then i will owe you a full expenses paid dinner as my treat 

If any of those 3 beat the spread though then whenever i make a trip to broward County then you owe me a dinner 

Sound good?  

1 hour ago, columbiahighfan said:

I have a bet for you 

You say they won't come within 10 point spread of any of the 3 Miami teams they playing 

If they beat all 3 by 10 or more then i will owe you a full expenses paid dinner as my treat 

If any of those 3 beat the spread though then whenever i make a trip to broward County then you owe me a dinner 

Sound good?  

Come on Columbia..... You are saying that IMG is not that big and bad and then essentially saying in order to back that up , they have to beat all nationally elite teams by 10 plus points? 

Why can't they just beat those 3 teams? There is probably not another team in the country that could do that yet IMG is expected to do so by 10 or more points?

You are lost in your own wording and thought process. 

Any team that simply BEATS 2 of those 3 teams is big and bad at the high school level. 

Yet IMG needs to beat all 3 by double digits to prove something to you.  Not sure what IMG did to you or Columbia but that seems like fair reasoning, right?

23 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Come on Columbia..... You are saying that IMG is not that big and bad and then essentially saying in order to back that up , they have to beat all nationally elite teams by 10 plus points? 

Why can't they just beat those 3 teams? There is probably not another team in the country that could do that yet IMG is expected to do so by 10 or more points?

You are lost in your own wording and thought process. 

Any team that simply BEATS 2 of those 3 teams is big and bad at the high school level. 

Yet IMG needs to beat all 3 by double digits to prove something to you.  Not sure what IMG did to you or Columbia but that seems like fair reasoning, right?

The reason I say 10 point spread is Mighty seems convinced that none of the 3 are even close to IMG

Mighty said in that long quote that they would lose by AT LEAST 10 

Idc about IMG in the slightest, I'm tired though of the entire state being diminished by a team that apparently is at least 10 points better than anyone in Florida

And yes they need to in order to prove to me that they are the New England Patriots of high school football 

The patriots don't just beat the best in NFL, from what i seen they can make the best in the NFL look at least a tier or 2 weaker than them,  like they dominate the AFC like they the only good team in the entire conference relativity often,  wouldn't you agree? 

1 hour ago, columbiahighfan said:

And yes they need to in order to prove to me that they are the New England Patriots of high school football 

The patriots don't just beat the best in NFL, from what i seen they can make the best in the NFL look at least a tier or 2 weaker than them,  like they dominate the AFC like they the only good team in the entire conference relativity often,  wouldn't you agree? 

Are you saying the NE Patriots on the NFL level are more dominant than IMG at the HS level?

That is the most asinine concept I have heard in a long time....

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Are you saying the NE Patriots on the NFL level are more dominant than IMG at the HS level?

That is the most asinine concept I have heard in a long time....

I'm not the one who compared IMG to the patriots 

Maybe you should read all the posts made then you will understand what I'm saying a lot better 

And name me one team in the modern era that dominated a conference like the patriots have with the afc

IMG has not even faced the long term powerhouse, as ric flair would say 

To be the man you got to beat the man

Way i see it wether anyone agrees or not until IMG plays and beats STA they will not be the best in Florida and How can they be compared to the patriots if they not even best in the state 

4 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

LMAO New England patriots?!! 

Man you give them way too much credit 

They didn't play STA

They didn't play Bishop Gorman 

They didn't play St John Bosco 

Until they have beaten their contemporaries they don't belong being compared to the patriots

Oh and 10 point spread? 

I highly doubt that, i would take that bet brah 

I'll take that today tomorrow When ever Deal.!!

9 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

AHP in 2015 was nationally ranked until that second Hallandle game

2 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

Columbia,

I respectfully ask that you change your username to something STA related since you are a huge STA fan. 

Come on man, everyone knows that IMG is better than STA. IMG is CONSTANTLY knocking off the BEST teams in the nation. 

I could care less about STA but until IMG beats them they not the king of Florida