2017 upset picks?

DisabledAccount

2 hours ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Lol if AHP would have beaten Hallandle and Bishop Moore then they would have went to states

And if the Falcons didn't blow a 28-3 lead they would have won the Super Bowl

And if the Warriors didn't blow a 3-1 lead they would've won the NBA Finals last season

And if the Warriors had scored 22 more points they would have won tonight's game

12 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

And if the Warriors didn't blow a 3-1 lead they would've won the NBA Finals last season

And if the Warriors had scored 22 more points they would have won tonight's game

Warriors better shape up before they blow a 3-0 lead lol

3 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

I could care less about STA but until IMG beats them they not the king of Florida 

I'm with ColumbiaFan on this one. Until IMG "spanks" one of those big boy Broward/Dade teams down there in their house my skepticism is still real. IMG's pass defense has never impressed me. QB play is up and down, and never Florida top 5. Sure they got stars,  but have you ever seen them display the heart and desire of those athletic S.FL powerhouses. What happens when they get smacked in the mouth ? Maybe they fight, or maybe they roll over.......still to be determined.....show me.

This string morphing.....

Again, SFL elite teams are not "normal" teams.  They are always top 100 teams and generally top 25 teams.  

You beat one of those teams on ANY field , you are generally " big and bad" at the HS level.

The other point I have made is IMG does not lose like "normal" teams because they do not play "normal" teams.  They only play elite, top 100 or "very good" teams for the most part.

For what it's worth IMG's schedule is arguably top 5 nationally the last couple years if I am not mistaken.

No one can tell me the last time a "normal" HS team beat a top 3 ranked national team. I'm not denying it, I'm all ears - speak up please :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Again, SFL elite teams are not "normal" teams.  They are always top 100 teams and generally top 25 teams.  

You beat one of those teams on ANY field , you are generally " big and bad" at the HS level.

The other point I have made is IMG does not lose like "normal" teams because they do not play "normal" teams.  They only play elite, top 100 or "very good" teams for the most part.

For what it's worth IMG's schedule is arguably top 5 nationally the last couple years if I am not mistaken.

No one can tell me the last time a "normal" HS team beat a top 3 ranked national team. I'm not denying it, I'm all ears - speak up please :rolleyes:

I never said they lose to normal teams or that they have lost to normal teams 

I said they can lose like anyone else in the country 

But outside of STA they weren't really threatened until deep in the playoff bracket which didn't surprise me even though i don't think img is the world beater they are made out to be but i stand by the quote "to be the man you got to beat the man"

Until they play and beat sta i don't view IMG as the top Florida team 

5 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

But outside of STA they weren't really threatened until deep in the playoff bracket which didn't surprise me even though i don't think img is the world beater they are made out to be but i stand by the quote "to be the man you got to beat the man"

Until they play and beat sta i don't view IMG as the top Florida team 

Why STA? Why not BTW or Deerfield Beach?

8 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Why STA? Why not BTW or Deerfield Beach?

Because sta has the hardware 

Like What is it 

8? 9 state titles

Sta has been the standard in Florida for a while, its the team to beat to take top spot

Just as the patriots are the team to beat in the nfl 

Just as Alabama is team to beat in college football 

Just as Kentucky team to beat in College basketball 

Get the idea? 

54 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Because sta has the hardware 

Like What is it 

8? 9 state titles

Sta has been the standard in Florida for a while, its the team to beat to take top spot

Just as the patriots are the team to beat in the nfl 

Just as Alabama is team to beat in college football 

Just as Kentucky team to beat in College basketball 

Get the idea? 

Well then again, haven't you always stated you are opposed of IMG being eligible to compete in post season football in FL? 

Aren't you the guy that refuses to rank IMG in state and national polls?

Do us all a favor.... Since this is not only a state debate but also becoming a national debate, go ahead and put that statement on the National Board that IMG is " not that big and bad" and they can "lose like normal teams".

Please ...just do it.

3 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Here's my take on IMG. Like STA, Bolles, OTC, TCA, AHP, in state I never pull for any of them. IMG, in particular, not even out of state. They shouldn't play for a Florida state championship. True, I'm hating on them....big time. My second point, until they consistently " Whip up" on the big boys down south, I'm not buying the hype. They remind me of an NFL Pro Bowl team. Skills out the a$$, but really not very interesting. A blood and guts cohesive street fighting team they do not appear to be.  Thirdly ( if there is such a word ), as I stated above, their pass defense has never been strong, and QB play is fair to good at best. Unit they beat on a STA, MC, MNW, CC, BTW, AHP, Deerfield, Miramar, Apopka, Mainland, to name a few, they don't go to the front of the class. What bigger "Florida elites" have they spanked on the field ? IMO since their existence they have never been better then STA or MC. This wouldn't be the first time that I was dead wrong about something ( See: President Trump ). When they down a couple Florida Monsters I'll be a believer.......but still a hater 

2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Here's my take on IMG. Like STA, Bolles, OTC, TCA, AHP, in state I never pull for any of them. IMG, in particular, not even out of state. They shouldn't play for a Florida state championship. True, I'm hating on them....big time. My second point, until they consistently " Whip up" on the big boys down south, I'm not buying the hype. They remind me of an NFL Pro Bowl team. Skills out the a$$, but really not very interesting. A blood and guts cohesive street fighting team they do not appear to be.  Thirdly ( if there is such a word ), as I stated above, their pass defense has never been strong, and QB play is fair to good at best. Unit they beat on a STA, MC, MNW, CC, BTW, AHP, Deerfield, Miramar, Apopka, Mainland, to name a few, they don't go to the front of the class. What bigger "Florida elites" have they spanked on the field ? IMO since their existence they have never been better then STA or MC. This wouldn't be the first time that I was dead wrong about something ( See: President Trump ). When they down a couple Florida Monsters I'll be a believer.......but still a hater 

Much better rationale, argument and substance than Columbia, Dan.....Does not give off the feel of a personal and hateful vendetta like Columbia....

Well IMG has actually played a few of those teams that you listed.

subscribe 

They will also play a pre-season versus Carol City this year and host Miami Central and MNW  back to back. 

There are probably not too many teams in America that win that back to back set.  

To me, if you win one of those 2 games you are FL elite and for the sake of Columbia's ignorance you are probably a fairly "big and bad team " at the HS level .

If IMG can win both of those games, will it impress you a little more?

To me St. Johns out of DC played the week before Miami Central and Northwestern may actually be a bigger concern for IMG than the SFL powers this year.  2016 St. Johns probably handles 2016 MNW and MC. They may not be from FL but I can assure you they are not Aunt Sallies or Sisters of the Poor:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=2016+St.+Johns+Dematha+football&view=detail&mid=9E3D3B2F249C0F260BB59E3D3B2F249C0F260BB5&FORM=VIRE&PC=SD4930UR

Very few teams in America (if any) pull off 3 straight wins in that set. 

Not even FL/SFL powers IMO.

8 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

Lol there are moral victories too foreal tho AHP should have beaten Hallandale but Hallandale Did everything right and IMO i think AHP would have beaten Bishop Moore again but its all hypothetically speaking and moral victories

39 minutes ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Lol there are moral victories too foreal tho AHP should have beaten Hallandale but Hallandale Did everything right and IMO i think AHP would have beaten Bishop Moore again but its all hypothetically speaking and moral victories

Both AHP and Hallandale were top 100 teams and I am not surprised they split games that year.

AHP played the exact same game plan against Hallandale as they did 3 weeks earlier. Hallandale was prepared and contained the run better. AHP had Home  field advantage and mustering only 20 pts to that Hallandale team was playing with fire...

Coconut Creek that year probably should have beat AHP as well in the regular season. If I am not mistaken CC beat  AHP statistically in every category but penalties and turnovers (6?).

Should Hallandale have beat STA that year in the regular season ?

I don't know if AHP beats Bishop Moore that year.  That Bishop Moore team like Hallandale was a well oiled offensive machine. I think it would have been a great game, would have been tight, and could have gone either way Bishop Moore.

But I do believe 2015 AHP was better than 2016 AHP overall - contrary to team record.

Broward you didn't understand anything i said whatsoever

For the millionth time 

When i said big and bad it was more of a response to the previous comments of people like pro and mighty saying that NO ONE could beat them because they have too much talent which is ridiculous, anyone can lose on any night

16 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

My dislike of img comes from the part @Dan in Daytona said about the fact that IMG is being put at the front of the line without even beating the teams in front of them

Last time i checked the only way you better than a team is beat them head to head on the field

Or you just play a better schedule and go undefeated....