2017 upset picks?

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Both AHP and Hallandale were top 100 teams and I am not surprised they split games that year.

AHP played the exact same game plan against Hallandale as they did 3 weeks earlier. Hallandale was prepared and contained the run better. AHP had Home  field advantage and mustering only 20 pts to that Hallandale team was playing with fire...

Coconut Creek that year probably should have beat AHP as well in the regular season. If I am not mistaken CC beat  AHP statistically in every category but penalties and turnovers (6?).

Should Hallandale have beat STA that year in the regular season ?

I don't know if AHP beats Bishop Moore that year.  That Bishop Moore team like Hallandale was a well oiled offensive machine. I think it would have been a great game, would have been tight, and could have gone either way Bishop Moore.

But I do believe 2015 AHP was better than 2016 AHP overall - contrary to team record.

Idk i still think AHP could have went to states had they beat Hallandale and Bishop Moore...

AHP is one of my fav teams in the state lol

I have it like this with AHP since 2013

AHP 2013 over AHP 2014 over AHP 2015 over AHP 2016.

I hear AHP will be at the top again very consistent team and they should have more state championships to their resume but coaching was not as good years back

45 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Or you just play a better schedule and go undefeated....

If that's so then maybe we don't need a college national championship since all they need to do is play a better schedule and go undefeated because head to head don't matter 

See how crazy that sounds broward? 

8 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Because sta has the hardware 

Like What is it 

8? 9 state titles

Sta has been the standard in Florida for a while, its the team to beat to take top spot

Just as the patriots are the team to beat in the nfl 

Just as Alabama is team to beat in college football 

Just as Kentucky team to beat in College basketball 

Get the idea? 

For Someone who stays 4 minutes or less from st Thomas the only reason why they have been the "STANDARD" in high school football is because there was no school in Florida that did what they did recruit how they recruit have state of the art this and that all the way to a all star coaching staff.

Now there is a school North of them and do exactly what they do if NOT BETTER if were talking about clear regular season STA has been beaten by numerous of teams in South Florida && Not 1 of those teams won state except of maybe Miramar in 2009 can't remember if they played st Thomas in 2009 

All in all when was the last time img academy lost a regular season game ...?? If were talking about Traveling nationally playing thnation's best or 1 of them st Thomas does it 1 or 2 at the most each year iMG they accumulate more miles then a NFL team because not only do they play these national powerhouses but they go to there stadium ....like it or Not Apart of fhsa or not iMG is the beast of Florida high school football some maybe even argue the Best!! Give 2015 Deerfield or 2010-2015 Booker t or Miami central ...img schedule they p roably would even post a 500 record going on the road playing all those teams. STA can glschedule anybody & play if the availability is right...img can't there so dangerous some states won't even allow a team from it to play iMG.!! ...columbia mentioned ohh img can't be proclaimed the best but yet haven't played the teams in front of them ...how long did STA dodge Miami central Booker t & MNW in there Glory days !!?? To this day STA has yet to play Miami central ...and the years they played MNW & Booker t those was by far not close to what either team was the year or 2 before ....img constantly gets those national ranked teams best shot where as teams vs sta already come in the game scared ...sta lost to bG LAST year put img on that same field I'm picking iMG ALL day & in regulation with no overtime...STA was the standard before img was assembled but since they have I'm sorry but iMG is a step or 2 above STA && that's from football to basketball to campus to their football room & etc junk look like something str8 from the nfl....iMGis the TRUTH.!!

1 hour ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Idk i still think AHP could have went to states had they beat Hallandale and Bishop Moore...

AHP is one of my fav teams in the state lol

I have it like this with AHP since 2013

AHP 2013 over AHP 2014 over AHP 2015 over AHP 2016.

I hear AHP will be at the top again very consistent team and they should have more state championships to their resume but coaching was not as good years back

Hallendale went to that Bishop Moore game hurt... If they were healthy, it probably would of won state with there suspect defense

1 hour ago, columbiahighfan said:

There is nothing concrete to compare teams better than head to head and until sta and img play we can't say without doubt who is better 

Did you have any problem when BTW and Miami Central were called national champions and the best in FL when they never played STA just a few years back?

After this season tell me a National or  FL power  that has played more Dade powers in the regular season than IMG in the last couple years?

Tell me a team that plays Carol City twice in fairly close games and wants more of them?

STA won't play IMG. They refuse to.

STA simply plays other elite national powers for the same concept IMG does. 

To boost schedule. At this point, IMG winning that battle- hands down in 2017 as well.

2 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

If that's so then maybe we don't need a college national championship since all they need to do is play a better schedule and go undefeated because head to head don't matter 

See how crazy that sounds broward? 

Maybe there are not thousands of teams in the FBS also?

Maybe you are looking for a way out of your statements?

1 hour ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

For Someone who stays 4 minutes or less from st Thomas the only reason why they have been the "STANDARD" in high school football is because there was no school in Florida that did what they did recruit how they recruit have state of the art this and that all the way to a all star coaching staff.

Now there is a school North of them and do exactly what they do if NOT BETTER if were talking about clear regular season STA has been beaten by numerous of teams in South Florida && Not 1 of those teams won state except of maybe Miramar in 2009 can't remember if they played st Thomas in 2009 

All in all when was the last time img academy lost a regular season game ...?? If were talking about Traveling nationally playing thnation's best or 1 of them st Thomas does it 1 or 2 at the most each year iMG they accumulate more miles then a NFL team because not only do they play these national powerhouses but they go to there stadium ....like it or Not Apart of fhsa or not iMG is the beast of Florida high school football some maybe even argue the Best!! Give 2015 Deerfield or 2010-2015 Booker t or Miami central ...img schedule they p roably would even post a 500 record going on the road playing all those teams. STA can glschedule anybody & play if the availability is right...img can't there so dangerous some states won't even allow a team from it to play iMG.!! ...columbia mentioned ohh img can't be proclaimed the best but yet haven't played the teams in front of them ...how long did STA dodge Miami central Booker t & MNW in there Glory days !!?? To this day STA has yet to play Miami central ...and the years they played MNW & Booker t those was by far not close to what either team was the year or 2 before ....img constantly gets those national ranked teams best shot where as teams vs sta already come in the game scared ...sta lost to bG LAST year put img on that same field I'm picking iMG ALL day & in regulation with no overtime...STA was the standard before img was assembled but since they have I'm sorry but iMG is a step or 2 above STA && that's from football to basketball to campus to their football room & etc junk look like something str8 from the nfl....iMGis the TRUTH.!!

Dillard, you must not have watched last year's BG/STA game to use that as an example of STA taking a backseat to IMG. STA was clearly the better team and should have won the game. Saw it all ( 48 mins. )  Live Streamed over the Internet. I do agree to your point of STA ducking the Dade county public powerhouses. I've got some theories I'll keep to myself cause I don't want to go there.....not a STA fan.

39 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Did you have any problem when BTW and Miami Central were called national champions and the best in FL when they never played STA just a few years back?

After this season tell me a National or  FL power  that has played more Dade powers in the regular season than IMG in the last couple years?

Tell me a team that plays Carol City twice in fairly close games and wants more of them?

STA won't play IMG. They refuse to.

STA simply plays other elite national powers for the same concept IMG does. 

To boost schedule. At this point, IMG winning that battle- hands down in 2017 as well.

Broward, if IMG runs the table in 2017 they are the Boss. They beat two of the three 6A district 16 members then I'm a "believer" of their Florida superiority.....for the time being.

45 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Maybe there are not thousands of teams in the FBS also?

Maybe you are looking for a way out of your statements?

I'm not looking for a way out

You didn't understand anything i said clear enough because I've been saying basically what @Dan in Daytona has been saying but you been twisting my words 

1 minute ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

STA is afraid of iMG because all it would take is 1 beat down at the hands of the ascenders & they would be losing players left & right especially if they go to IMG && those players just get a glimpse of that campus ..u can count it players would transfer & sta knows it

You act like just because img got talent they can't be touched 

Didn't they say same about Alabama last year? 

IMG has a roster full of national kids not FLORIDA kids. They may be located in bradenton, but I will never consider them part of FLORIDA high school football. STA roster is full of Florida kids. 

1 hour ago, Just A Coach said:

IMG has a roster full of national kids not FLORIDA kids. They may be located in bradenton, but I will never consider them part of FLORIDA high school football. STA roster is full of Florida kids. 

This is true. This is also why they are as good as they are. I'm not denying how or why they are elite. I'm just backing up that they are elite, play a very hard schedule, and whether Columbia wants to accept it or not they are big and bad and don't lose like normal teams -because they do not play normal teams. 

Would you agree that Columbia will win a State Championship before a typical 5-5 "normal" team beats IMG?

I say outside of 11 Rudys on the field, suspensions, injuries and a few refs looking for attention-  it will never happen.

Columbia seems to think IMG can be beat on a given night by a "normal" team.   

IMG will only lose to very good or top 100 teams because that is 95% what they play. 

I'll be the first to tell you that STA is a team that would have a good chance to beat IMG. STA does not want to play IMG though. IMG still seeks out elite teams to play nationwide though to challenge themselves. 

Put you feelings sufficed Columbia....Knock the concept on how and why IMG is elite Columbia ..but don't knock the fact they are arguably the best  at the HS level and they are bigger and badder then most - if not all.

17 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

I could care less about STA but until IMG beats them they not the king of Florida 

Columbia.................Just like GGG (Gennady Golovkin) the boxer who no one will fight because they know they are going to get beaten, most teams, including STA, will not play IMG as they know they will be beaten and possibly pretty badly. There are only a couple of Florida teams that actually step up and take on the challenge knowing that their chances are pretty slim. In their first year as a football team, 2013, IMG did actually lose to Trinity Christian and to Naples. In 2014 they lost one game, to St. Johns of Washington DC. Their 2016 team was light years better than their 2013 team and way better than their 2014 team. No comparisons. IMG now has 4 solid years under its belt. In 2016 IMG defeated 7 national powers to include 4 top or excellent Florida teams.  Yes, Columbia, any team at any time can be defeated. A starting QB can be injured, a team can have a boat load of penalties, a team can have a boatload of injuries, etc., etc. However, for debating purposes, the chances are that most teams, if not all, have a slim chance against IMG out on the field of play. I honestly feel that IMG is just too quick, too knowledgeable, and too experienced in big time games, for STA to have any probability of defeating them.

9 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Columbia.................Just like GGG (Gennady Golovkin) the boxer who no one will fight because they know they are going to get beaten, most teams, including STA, will not play IMG as they know they will be beaten and possibly pretty badly. There are only a couple of Florida teams that actually step up and take on the challenge knowing that their chances are pretty slim. In their first year as a football team, 2013, IMG did actually lose to Trinity Christian and to Naples. In 2014 they lost one game, to St. Johns of Washington DC. Their 2016 team was light years better than their 2013 team and way better than their 2014 team. No comparisons. IMG now has 4 solid years under its belt. In 2016 IMG defeated 7 national powers to include 4 top or excellent Florida teams.  Yes, Columbia, any team at any time can be defeated. A starting QB can be injured, a team can have a boat load of penalties, a team can have a boatload of injuries, etc., etc. However, for debating purposes, the chances are that most teams, if not all, have a slim chance against IMG out on the field of play. I honestly feel that IMG is just too quick, too knowledgeable, and too experienced in big time games, for STA to have any probability of defeating them.

Floyd would make easy work of GGG 

On June 10, 2017 at 0:55 AM, Dan in Daytona said:

I'm with ColumbiaFan on this one. Until IMG "spanks" one of those big boy Broward/Dade teams down there in their house my skepticism is still real. IMG's pass defense has never impressed me. QB play is up and down, and never Florida top 5. Sure they got stars,  but have you ever seen them display the heart and desire of those athletic S.FL powerhouses. What happens when they get smacked in the mouth ? Maybe they fight, or maybe they roll over.......still to be determined.....show me.

Everyone is so quick to judge IMG.   What truly elite Fl large class schools has IMG played since their loss to AHP?   I can think of only ONE! A 17-7 win over a very very raw Carol City in a KOC.  THAT'S IT!  Carol City went on to start 0-2 before kicking up a notch.    So if you guys want to crown them kings of OOS that's fine, but wait till after this year at least to crown them the king of THIS state.   

They nasty no doubt, but damn.  

Broward, I was responding more to a post from Mighy (should have quoted it). I was talking more about img taking over florida as the elite team. I agree with everything you said. IMG is a great team that will not lose to a "normal team" on any night. The only chance would be very early in the season but still very unlikely to happen. American Heritage beat them in a classic a few years ago and I would not consider Heritage a "normal team". Again, this is a national team....not a florida team.

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Everyone is so quick to judge IMG.   What truly elite Fl large class schools has IMG played since their loss to AHP?   I can think of only ONE! A 17-7 win over a very very raw Carol City in a KOC.  THAT'S IT!  Carol City went on to start 0-2 before kicking up a notch.    So if you guys want to crown them kings of OOS that's fine, but wait till after this year at least to crown them the king of THIS state.   

They nasty no doubt, but damn.  

I'm going to have FL powers step to the side for a moment. Does a 26-7 win @ Grayson last year hold any weight?

6 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I'm going to have FL powers step to the side for a moment. Does a 26-7 win @ Grayson last year hold any weight?

I watched that game and i didn't see anything that impressive from what i saw, granted i only watched to about midway through the second quarter but Im sure that holds plenty of weight but Florida a better state than Georgia so it holds minimal in the arguement that img would be unchallenged by Florida 

And for the last time i never said img would lose TO a NORMAL team

I said IMG can LOSE like a NORMAL team can lose a game

The only thing i ment by that is NO TEAM IN THE COUNTRY IS SAFE FROM LOSING 

any team can lose on any night 

6 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

In the first place none of the "elite" large SFL schools will play IMG. If they won't play you then how are you going to defeat them or know who will win? IMG has defeated some of the best Florida teams out there, Central Florida Catholic, Chaminade, Cocoa, Dillard, Miramar, Oxbridge, and Trinity Christian. Some, if not all, of these teams would give any SFL large elite schools a tough game if not outright defeat them. And, you're meaning to tell me that the SFL elite large schools are equal to or better than the national power houses that IMG routinely plays?