2017 upset picks?

DisabledAccount

Just now, Proseteye said:

In the first place none of the "elite" large SFL schools will play IMG. If they won't play you then how are you going to defeat them or know who will win? IMG has defeated some of the best Florida teams out there, Central Florida Catholic, Chaminade, Cocoa, Dillard, Miramar, Oxbridge, and Trinity Christian. Some, if not all, of these teams would give any SFL large elite schools a tough game if not outright defeat them. And, you're meaning to tell me that the SFL elite large schools are equal to or better than the national power houses that IMG routinely plays?

They playing 3 elite Dade teams this year 

We will see this season 

7 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

They playing 3 elite Dade teams this year 

We will see this season 

True. They were all top teams in Florida in 2016. Not sure if the lack of national exposure will allow them to compete against IMG or not. When you routinely travel across the country and defeat national power houses you gain exceptional experience and confidence that is hard to match. If the Northwestern and Venice teams are equal to or better than in 2016, then I give them a fighting chance. Don't think that Berkeley Prep has much of a chance, though.

46 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

True. They were all top teams in Florida in 2016. Not sure if the lack of national exposure will allow them to compete against IMG or not. When you routinely travel across the country and defeat national power houses you gain exceptional experience and confidence that is hard to match. If the Northwestern and Venice teams are equal to or better than in 2016, then I give them a fighting chance. Don't think that Berkeley Prep has much of a chance, though.

Carol City plays kickoff game and central and northwestern play img back to back weeks

All could possibly beat them but due to img talent i doubt all 3 will

Most likely just 1 beats them

2 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Carol City plays kickoff game and central and northwestern play img back to back weeks

Maxpreps is showing IMG playing Northwestern , Venice, and Berkeley Prep. Don't see Central. Has Venice been replaced by Central? Also, pre season games and KO Classics don't mean much of anything. Doesn't matter if Carol City does happen to edge out IMG.

19 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I'm going to have FL powers step to the side for a moment. Does a 26-7 win @ Grayson last year hold any weight?

Of course it does.  All I'm saying is that even against Grayson they were vulnerable.   They where down 10-7 going into the 4th Q and Grayson had like 5 turnovers.   Look,  I'd have IMG preseason #1 (if we're gonna count them as FL), but they are not unbeatable like everyone is saying.   Yes it would have to be an elite team to beat them, that's obvious lol.   

42 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Of course it does.  All I'm saying is that even against Grayson they were vulnerable.   They where up 10-7 going into the 4th Q and Grayson had like 5 turnovers.   Look,  I'd have IMG preseason #1 (if we're gonna count them as FL), but they are not unbeatable like everyone is saying.   Yes it would have to be an elite team to beat them, that's obvious lol.   

Grayson last year made Deerfield Beach look like a JV team. To Columbia that does not hold weight though because Grayson is not located in FL. 

9 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Grayson last year made Deerfield Beach look like a JV team. To Columbia that does not hold weight though because Grayson is not located in FL. 

No i said what img does to Grayson means nothing with them being untouchable in Florida 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Maxpreps is showing IMG playing Northwestern , Venice, and Berkeley Prep. Don't see Central. Has Venice been replaced by Central? Also, pre season games and KO Classics don't mean much of anything. Doesn't matter if Carol City does happen to edge out IMG.

It would show that img not invincible 

1 hour ago, Floridatechfootball said:

First of all its call DEFENSE don't hate the man cuz he good dude beat Pacman in a blowout 

It not defense it's using the system to your advantage 

They would never let him lose a undefeated streak via decision so all he has to do in order to win is not get knocked out 

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I wouldn't say that though. Yes they beat them with a score that would make it look like that, but DFB wasn't pushed around at all,  they were in that game right up until halftime when Grayson chucked a Hailmary TD as the time expired.   Then in the second half DFB went pick 6 city.   

Truth is playing at a venue like Grayson is something DFB wasn't ready for.   Nothing like that type of home field advantage here in Fl IMO.  Who knows how the refs were.  (They were horrible vs Miamj Central when they went up there.)

To IMG's credit they beat Grayson at their house.   IMG IS big and bad, but what some people are saying about STA or some other national powers not being able to beat them is exaggerated.

16 hours ago, 954gator said:

Everyone is so quick to judge IMG.   What truly elite Fl large class schools has IMG played since their loss to AHP?   I can think of only ONE! A 17-7 win over a very very raw Carol City in a KOC.  THAT'S IT!  Carol City went on to start 0-2 before kicking up a notch.    So if you guys want to crown them kings of OOS that's fine, but wait till after this year at least to crown them the king of THIS state.   

They nasty no doubt, but damn.  

100%. They beat 6A- 16 Monsters (CC,MNW,MC) I'm all in, they're the TRUTH !

* Broward, I'm practically clueless about Grayson, hear they're good, but....

* ProSet, let's upgrade your small school list ( the exception being a down large school Miramar ) and replace them with the Real Deals of 6A-16 and STA. When IMG puts a foot in their a$$es , and only then will I sing your song..... time will tell.....

8 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Neither 1 of them will if CC rodent do it in the LOC u can forget it IMG Will be a well oiled machine about time MNW & central travels up

6 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

* ProSet, let's upgrade your small school list ( the exception being a down large school Miramar ) and replace them with the Real Deals of 6A-16 and STA. When IMG puts a foot in their a$$es , and only then will I sing your song..... time will tell.....

And since when did Carol city or mnw become the standard other then last year what have CC done consistently or mnw?? CENTRAL?  Ok I give u that somewhat but please monsters??? Cut it!!! Those 3btrams are nothing but above avg powerhouses in South fl ...& if I stand corrected didn't the iron men blowout MC out of the water on national tv iMG will make all 3 look like little boys & if I'm wrong I'll do a public apology 

On 6/10/2017 at 1:29 PM, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

STA is afraid of iMG because all it would take is 1 beat down at the hands of the ascenders & they would be losing players left & right especially if they go to IMG && those players just get a glimpse of that campus ..u can count it players would transfer & sta knows it

No they wouldn't 

33 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

And since when did Carol city or mnw become the standard other then last year what have CC done consistently or mnw?? CENTRAL?  Ok I give u that somewhat but please monsters??? Cut it!!! Those 3btrams are nothing but above avg powerhouses in South fl ...& if I stand corrected didn't the iron men blowout MC out of the water on national tv iMG will make all 3 look like little boys & if I'm wrong I'll do a public apology 

Iron men? Who is them and Carol City just couldn't beat Carol City but had teams that can compete... You tripping TCA gave IMG a run for their money last year and just got worn down towards the end..... Last year IMG was tough but not like the year before... 

4 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

What!!! U crazy bro 

I'm not.. I seen AHP beat them.. Call it a kick off classic but both team starters played the whole game and don't tell me they was not clicking yet cause they should of lost to a cali team last year but came back and score game winning td......

55 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

Average?? 

Those probably best Dade teams right there unless you think booker t or Southridge supposed to be better than last year 

19 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

I'm not.. I seen AHP beat them.. Call it a kick off classic but both team starters played the whole game and don't tell me they was not clicking yet cause they should of lost to a cali team last year but came back and score game winning td......

The truth there Zoe 

1 hour ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

Neither 1 of them will if CC rodent do it in the LOC u can forget it IMG Will be a well oiled machine about time MNW & central travels up

Playing 2 physical dade teams back to back is not easy 

That will be a serious threat to IMG

5 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

It not defense it's using the system to your advantage 

They would never let him lose a undefeated streak via decision so all he has to do in order to win is not get knocked out 

Bruh Floyd was ko artists before he had hand injuries late in his career he is a legend and hall of famer

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Grayson is a public school that was arguably atop 5 team in the country last year. They played Miami Central in 2012:

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Video-Grayson-35-Miami-Central-3-10870