2017 upset picks?

DisabledAccount

7 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Of course he wouldn't lol

Floyd looks after Floyd 

He cares about money and reputation and winning gives both for him

Marcos Maidana was trying to wear heavier gloves than Floyd in their first fight so he straighten him and his team out about that

7 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Now to get us back on topic I'm gonna go with a surprise upset and pick ponte vedra over Trinity Christian to win their District 

Ponte vedra is basically being ignored in that district because of Bolles and Trinity Christian joining it but i think ponte vedra will surprise people by holding their own and defending their District Championship 

I agree with you. Ponte Vedra is the real deal and the most solid team in that district. Of course, that was last season as we don't have much to go by since the current season is still nearly 3 months away. Bolles and TCA are exceptional teams. But Ponte Vedra is the team to beat, IMO.

8 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

If starters play whole game and they lose to Carol City then they not the best in Florida 

If the games dont count then why the freak we have kickoff classic previews

Those games mean something to some teams,  while some play jv there are teams who treat it like a real game and if starters on both sides play entire game then I'm not gonna overlook the game because it a "kickoff" if USA today and maxpreps take kickoff games into account for their rankings then they should count for something when viewing a team

Also i would rank Venice as the 4th best Florida team IMG plays after the 3 Dade teams and i doubt Venice a threat to img, dont have the speed unless they magically got it since losing to sta

I seriously doubt that IMG starters played an entire preseason game. Even, if by chance, they did so what? As we all know, preseason is an evaluation period for coaches. The coaches and players are not trying to win anything. Each position and formations are being scrutinized. All players are being evaluated. That is all.

Kickoff Classic previews are all part of the early evaluation of teams, players, and coaches. It's exactly what happens in the NFL and in college football in pre season. The pre season games are usually not any indication on how well those teams will do in the regular season.

I don't doubt that players, for some teams, take the pre season games to heart. They take the games to heart because they are trying to win a position and impress the coaches. So, they are playing to their best ability. However, the coaches are of a different mindset. If they are doing their jobs correctly they are only interested in evaluating all aspects of their team in order to field the best qualified team come the first game of the regular season.

No img  FULL STARTERS did not play the whole game they switched in & out jv players and all I watched the full game as well and there where plenty pssesions where iMG Moved the ball on Carol city at will go the Carol city goal line and made self inflicted mistakes that game was suppose to be blowout central CC could not handle img 

Which is why after half time img separated them selfs. 

& yes I was talking about dematha they went in on MC & the rockets was ranked nationally as well and the game wasn't even close just like they also got blown out 35-3 by Grayson. 

Long story short MC CC & MNW MAN are all powerhouses...consistent power houses?  NO when was the last time MNW hosted the championship trophy before last year when was the last timeCC hosted the trophy or consistently had a winning season ?? If that was img in that title game vs lake Gibson that game would have been a running clock by the end quarter but CC struggled granted lake Gibson improved as the season went on but STILL.

All in MNW CC & MC Are all hybrid animals and deserve and should be respected..but img is a ENTIRE Diffrent animal!! & to make this clear bros!! Lol I'm not star struck or looking at star names at img  I dont even respect teams who do what they do which is why I dont care for STA.

But I do know football and I know that all 3 will be blown out especially with them coming in thinking they can roll with img I'm sure it's going to be a while lot of talking on Twitter and etc from fhe Miami boys just like from Oxbridge last year and Oxbridge got blew the Hell out.!! 

& my bro zoe mentioned about close games img had last year..so what all they play is nationally ranked competition what do u expect? They play teams who do exactly what they do which is why they play them so they can have competition because they know down here it will be 70-0 by halftime.

MNW CC MC They are a juggernaught in their division of and when they have the right amount of talent and transfers..but nationally ? Miss me with it...they don't have the resume ...MC ? YES ...CC MNW?  The last 5 6 years ..HECK NO.!!! & even from what I hear about MC ND is not good they struggling at the most important place of the game LOC & we all know that's where IMG Thrives as I stated iMG WILL ROLL ALL 3 QUOTEME ON THAT

46 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I seriously doubt that IMG starters played an entire preseason game. Even, if by chance, they did so what? As we all know, preseason is an evaluation period for coaches. The coaches and players are not trying to win anything. Each position and formations are being scrutinized. All players are being evaluated. That is all.

Kickoff Classic previews are all part of the early evaluation of teams, players, and coaches. It's exactly what happens in the NFL and in college football in pre season. The pre season games are usually not any indication on how well those teams will do in the regular season.

I don't doubt that players, for some teams, take the pre season games to heart. They take the games to heart because they are trying to win a position and impress the coaches. So, they are playing to their best ability. However, the coaches are of a different mindset. If they are doing their jobs correctly they are only interested in evaluating all aspects of their team in order to field the best qualified team come the first game of the regular season.

That came from Zoe who watched the game

But to be fair any player on img is at level of high school starter so AHP did beat img and deserved credit for that

Ik first hand that Columbia and Apopka played starters entire game, we didn't even bring our jv and they didnt bring theres when they traveled the year before 

Sometimes when you have a matchup like that its a better evaluation to play starters the entire game and treat it like a game because then you test your team against a powerhouse and test the waters so to speak 

1 hour ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

No img  FULL STARTERS did not play the whole game they switched in & out jv players and all I watched the full game as well and there where plenty pssesions where iMG Moved the ball on Carol city at will go the Carol city goal line and made self inflicted mistakes that game was suppose to be blowout central CC could not handle img 

Which is why after half time img separated them selfs. 

& yes I was talking about dematha they went in on MC & the rockets was ranked nationally as well and the game wasn't even close just like they also got blown out 35-3 by Grayson. 

Long story short MC CC & MNW MAN are all powerhouses...consistent power houses?  NO when was the last time MNW hosted the championship trophy before last year when was the last timeCC hosted the trophy or consistently had a winning season ?? If that was img in that title game vs lake Gibson that game would have been a running clock by the end quarter but CC struggled granted lake Gibson improved as the season went on but STILL.

All in MNW CC & MC Are all hybrid animals and deserve and should be respected..but img is a ENTIRE Diffrent animal!! & to make this clear bros!! Lol I'm not star struck or looking at star names at img  I dont even respect teams who do what they do which is why I dont care for STA.

But I do know football and I know that all 3 will be blown out especially with them coming in thinking they can roll with img I'm sure it's going to be a while lot of talking on Twitter and etc from fhe Miami boys just like from Oxbridge last year and Oxbridge got blew the Hell out.!! 

& my bro zoe mentioned about close games img had last year..so what all they play is nationally ranked competition what do u expect? They play teams who do exactly what they do which is why they play them so they can have competition because they know down here it will be 70-0 by halftime.

MNW CC MC They are a juggernaught in their division of and when they have the right amount of talent and transfers..but nationally ? Miss me with it...they don't have the resume ...MC ? YES ...CC MNW?  The last 5 6 years ..HECK NO.!!! & even from what I hear about MC ND is not good they struggling at the most important place of the game LOC & we all know that's where IMG Thrives as I stated iMG WILL ROLL ALL 3 QUOTEME ON THAT

The reason why these guys ain't been winning championships was cause of MC but you keep talking bout self inflicting ruins then don't tell me game should of been over by halftime. Don't IMG sleep eat and shit football all year.. I mean that's why kids go to that school so they can do what they do all year.. So miss me with they needed to get familiar with each other and last I know CC won the championship last year.. Lake Gibson played a good game with CC but it's a reason IMG only scored 17 points... MNW and CC put them in different district they would be in the playoffs consistently... Shit put Carol City and Norland in Dillard's district and no other team wouldn't make it.. Its a reason they call their district is called SEC in high school and they are house hold names..... 

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

The reason why these guys ain't been winning championships was cause of MC but you keep talking bout self inflicting ruins then don't tell me game should of been over by halftime. Don't IMG sleep eat and shit football all year.. I mean that's why kids go to that school so they can do what they do all year.. So miss me with they needed to get familiar with each other and last I know CC won the championship last year.. Lake Gibson played a good game with CC but it's a reason IMG only scored 17 points... MNW and CC put them in different district they would be in the playoffs consistently... Shit put Carol City and Norland in Dillard's district and no other team wouldn't make it.. Its a reason they call their district is called SEC in high school and they are house hold names..... 

I disagree with that Dillard atleast would that district a few times as well 

5 hours ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

I disagree with that Dillard atleast would that district a few times as well 

Mighty, school some of us Central Florida residents on what Dillard has done in football since the late 1980's early 1990's. Correct me if I'm wrong but they've been more successful in basketball this century then in football. 

Dillard Football 2000-2015

2000 lost in finals 4W-1L 

2001 lost in semi 3W-1L

2002 lost 2nd round 1W-1L

2003 lost 1st round -1L

* 2004 Didn't make playoffs

2005 lost 1st round-1L

* 2006 Didn't make playoffs

2007 lost 2nd round 1W- 1L

2008 lost 2nd round 1W-1L

* 2009 Didn't make playoff

* 2010 Didn't make playoffs

* 2011 Didn't make playoffs

2012 lost 1st round -1L

2013 lost 2nd round 1W-1L

* 2014 Didn't make playoff

2015 lost 1st round -1L

2016 lost 1st round - 1L ( CC 47- Dillard 8 )

Now what year would Dillard have won the district that CC,MNW, and MC play in ?

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Mighty, school some of us Central Florida residents on what Dillard has done in football since the late 1980's early 1990's. Correct me if I'm wrong but they've been more successful in basketball this century then in football. 

Dillard Football 2000-2015

2000 lost in finals 4W-1L 

2001 lost in semi 3W-1L

2002 lost 2nd round 1W-1L

2003 lost 1st round -1L

* 2004 Didn't make playoffs

2005 lost 1st round-1L

* 2006 Didn't make playoffs

2007 lost 2nd round 1W- 1L

2008 lost 2nd round 1W-1L

* 2009 Didn't make playoff

* 2010 Didn't make playoffs

* 2011 Didn't make playoffs

2012 lost 1st round -1L

2013 lost 2nd round 1W-1L

* 2014 Didn't make playoff

2015 lost 1st round -1L

2016 lost 1st round - 1L ( CC 47- Dillard 8 )

Now what year would Dillard have won the district that CC,MNW, and MC play in ?

That's a no brainer they have did nothing & have been way more successful in basketball & the statement was not that Dillard would win district in district 16 6a the statement that was made that I responded to was that Carol city & Norlandwould win district 6a 15 continuously& I said i  don't agree..i said I believe Dillard would win in that district at times ...

22 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

If starters play whole game and they lose to Carol City then they not the best in Florida 

If the games dont count then why the freak we have kickoff classic previews

Those games mean something to some teams,  while some play jv there are teams who treat it like a real game and if starters on both sides play entire game then I'm not gonna overlook the game because it a "kickoff" if USA today and maxpreps take kickoff games into account for their rankings then they should count for something when viewing a team

Do 7on7s count in your eyes cause that's what it sounds like you are saying

Man I remember the hype going into the AHP vs IMG game.  At first I'm almost certain it was going to count for IMG but not for AHP (since IMG only had a certain few number of games).  I'm pretty sure in the broadcast that's what they said too.  Then after the game it didn't count for either.   Blah.   

Someone PLEASE PLEASE try and find the broadcast.   I'm dying to see that one again.   I'm sure someone has that game somewhere!

IMG was going for the game winner and they threw a pick six.   It wasn't the backup QB neither.   To be fair IMG had a TD called back a play before that was questionable.   The teams were fairly even.   Let me say this though.   AHP had ELITE LOS guys that you rarely see on a HSFB team.  

10 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

Towards 7 on 7 tournaments and evaluation yes 

To ranking teams no 

But kickoff classics are FAR MORE COMPETITIVE AND SHOW A LOT ABOUT A TEAM'S TALENT then 7 on 7, its treated by some like a offical game 

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Man I remember the hype going into the AHP vs IMG game.  At first I'm almost certain it was going to count for IMG but not for AHP (since IMG only had a certain few number of games).  I'm pretty sure in the broadcast that's what they said too.  Then after the game it didn't count for either.   Blah.   

Someone PLEASE PLEASE try and find the broadcast.   I'm dying to see that one again.   I'm sure someone has that game somewhere!

IMG was going for the game winner and they threw a pick six.   It wasn't the backup QB neither.   To be fair IMG had a TD called back a play before that was questionable.   The teams where even.   Let me say this though.   AHP had ELITE LOS guys that you rarely see on a HSFB team.  

If AHP had lost then they would say it counted but because they won it suddenly just a scrimmage

Reminds me of something 

Oh yeah

2015 we lose to apopka in kickoff and all i hear is we washed up and nothing more than second round at best team

2016 we beat apopka and it just a scrimmage 

Selective importance, they count kickoff classics when convenient but other times it just a scrimmage 

Either NONE count or ALL count 

AHP had DE Brian Burns 6'4 230 (FSU) ,  NT Tedarrell Slaton  6'5 360 (UF),  DT George Ellis 6-2 290 (TCU), DT Decarlo Hamilton 6-4 315 (Charlotte), and DE Noah Curtis 6'6 230 (FIU).   That's a formidable Dline right there.    Add to that they had three linebackers 220+ in Lawrence Graham,  Bradley Clement, and Willie Hampton (Tulane, FAU, and Nebraska respectively).    

Their Oline was huge as well.   The monster Slaton played both ways.   Kai Leon Herbert 6-5 290 (Miami),  Robert Hawkins 6-4 280 (FAU).    

IMO if you are going to beat IMG in a slow methodical game you need LOS players like this.   This is why I don't think Central's style will have much success (they will get beat at their own game IMO)  MNW doesn't have that size either, but they have a much more dynamic pass game with a QB that can run 4.5ish.    

Another thing about IMG is they won't have that freak Kellen Mond at QB.  That kid bailed out that offense waaaaay more than people gave him credit for.   With the Oline they had he just ran for yards from shotgun at will.   Don't think Sitkowski will bring that to the table.   

PS.  Not 100% sure about all those AHP players.   Some might have transferred in after, but my point being that AHP was one of the few teams that could physically match up.  (that year at least)

12 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

If AHP had lost then they would say it counted but because they won it suddenly just a scrimmage

Reminds me of something 

Oh yeah

2015 we lose to apopka in kickoff and all i hear is we washed up and nothing more than second round at best team

Selective importance, they count kickoff classics when convenient but other times it just a scrimmage 

Who is "they"???

The World versus Columbia?

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

AHP had DE Brian Burns 6'4 230 (FSU) ,  NT Tedarrell Slaton  6'5 360 (UF),  DT George Ellis 6-2 290 (TCU), DT Decarlo Hamilton 6-4 315 (Charlotte), and DE Noah Curtis 6'6 230 (FIU).   That's a formidable Dline right there.    Add to that they had three linebackers 220+ in Lawrence Graham,  Bradley Clement, and Willie Hampton (Tulane, FAU, and Nebraska respectively).    

Their Oline was huge as well.   The monster Slaton played both ways.   Kai Leon Herbert 6-5 290 (Miami),  Robert Hawkins 6-4 280 (FAU).    

IMO if you are going to beat IMG in a slow methodical game you need LOS players like this.   This is why I don't think Central's style will successful.   MNW doesn't have that size either, but they have a much more dynamic pass game with a QB that can run 4.5ish.    

PS.  Not 100% sure about all those AHP players.   Some might have transferred in after, but my point being that AHP was one of the few teams that could physically match up.  (that year at least)

Agree.  I also think it was more than the size in the AHP LOS. You could see the AHP players were trying to get into their heads too...talking smack and probably playing a little beyond aggressive....

That particular AHP team could pound the rock too behind that OL.  Offensively probably better than AHP 2017 at nearly every position.

Defensively AHP is stronger in the secondary now versus that 2015 team but that is it.

AHP always has great Kickers.

35 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Reminds me of something 

Oh yeah

NONE count to the FHSAA. That is all that matters.

1 hour ago, SportsNut25 said:

Nut25,  7 on 7 are 20 min games with a clock that never stops. Lots of luck determines the winner of a touch tournament. Mainland entered 3 in 2016 and went undefeated and won all 3. It help the regular season pass game and gave the young men confidence going into the season. But make no mistake, Mainland ALWAYS plays to win. Spring, fall classics are no different. I've heard Tampa Plant and others don't approach their preseason games this way. That's their prerogative. And some others, like Mainland,  play them like the real deal. Nothing builds a program more then winning. Got to have control of the outcome before the dogs are called off... different strokes, for different folks. Apopka/Mainland in the Kickoff Classic will be a war. No half stepping, no experimentation, and minimal substitution. The winner will be the best team that night. This fan counts that game. The Buc players count that game. The coaches....ah..well.. I can't speak for them, but I got a pretty good idea.....:)

34 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Who is "they"???

The World versus Columbia?

The same basement losers who hide in woodwork and only come out when it suits their arguement 

The same people who spend hours a day starting twitter trash spam

The same people who only show up after you are in 4th round of playoffs and pretend you were loyal fans the entire time 

Which one you asking bout, there are several options i could tell you that answer the question but it would be same answer in the end 

3 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Nut25,  7 on 7 are 20 min games with a clock that never stops. Lots of luck determines the winner of a touch tournament. Mainland entered 3 in 2016 and went undefeated and won all 3. It help the regular season pass game and gave the young men confidence going into the season. But make no mistake, Mainland ALWAYS plays to win. Spring, fall classics are no different. I've heard Tampa Plant and others don't approach their preseason games this way. That's their prerogative. And some others, like Mainland,  play them like the real deal. Nothing builds a program more then winning. Got to have control of the outcome before the dogs are called off... different strokes, for different folks. Apopka/Mainland in the Kickoff Classic will be a war. No half stepping, no experimentation, and minimal substitution. This fan counts that game. The Buc players count that game. The coaches....ah..well.. I can't speak for them, but I got a pretty good idea.....:)

Apopka treats it like a real game so be prepared for a battle