2017 upset picks?

DisabledAccount

8 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

The same basement losers who hide in woodwork and only come out when it suits their arguement 

The same people who spend hours a day starting twitter trash spam

The same people who only show up after you are in 4th round of playoffs and pretend you were loyal fans the entire time 

Which one you asking bout, there are several options i could tell you that answer the question but it would be same answer in the end 

Outside of a few posts on this site, I heard nothing about that game.  However, due to the fact I now hear about that game on basically a weekly basis now,- I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

AHP versus IMG- I heard a lot of talk about that game. Before and after the game.  It was a preseason clash with at the time two nationally top 25 teams. AHP won. IMG lost to a top 25 telam- in preseason or not - it happened and  it will happen again.

That game was Goliath versus Goliath, not David versus Goliath like some wish or still perceive it to be. ColumbiaHighFan makes that game and the Apopka/Columbia game into these folklore limericks and tales that he will be telling his great grandchildren. Like the Battle of Marathon in ancient Greece or the fall of the Ottoman Empire or something...

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Man I remember the hype going into the AHP vs IMG game.  At first I'm almost certain it was going to count for IMG but not for AHP (since IMG only had a certain few number of games).  I'm pretty sure in the broadcast that's what they said too.  Then after the game it didn't count for either.   Blah.   

Someone PLEASE PLEASE try and find the broadcast.   I'm dying to see that one again.   I'm sure someone has that game somewhere!

IMG was going for the game winner and they threw a pick six.   It wasn't the backup QB neither.   To be fair IMG had a TD called back a play before that was questionable.   The teams where even.   Let me say this though.   AHP had ELITE LOS guys that you rarely see on a HSFB team.  

954, I too remember the announcers saying IMG, because of not having a full schedule, were playing the game as if it was real. I even believe their head coach, in a taped interview, said much the same thing. Pardon me for not seeing the difference in that game and the one's that followed......and counted. (Edit)  and here's some more Broward :)

8 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Towards 7 on 7 tournaments and evaluation yes 

To ranking teams no 

But kickoff classics are FAR MORE COMPETITIVE AND SHOW A LOT ABOUT A TEAM'S TALENT then 7 on 7, its treated by some like a offical game 

Kickoff Classics are treated like regular games by some coaches but other coaches use them to much like NFL teams use their preseason, to evaluate talent and work out any kinks before the regular season.  I try not to read to much into spring games or kickoff classics.

7 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

ColumbiaFan, I wouldn't expect anything else from that class outfit.

The truth is, Apopka treats some spring and KOCs like real games and others not so much. How they are treated tend to be driven by:

1. The quality of the team they are playing.

2. The experience level of the returning Apopka team.

I am pretty sure Apopka will treat the Mainland game like a regular season game. The Bucs are just too good to be taken lightly.  

11 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

If AHP had lost then they would say it counted but because they won it suddenly just a scrimmage

Reminds me of something 

Oh yeah

2015 we lose to apopka in kickoff and all i hear is we washed up and nothing more than second round at best team

2016 we beat apopka and it just a scrimmage 

Selective importance, they count kickoff classics when convenient but other times it just a scrimmage 

Either NONE count or ALL count 

According to the FHSAA none of them count. That is really all that matters. That is why Spring games and KO Classics are not recorded in the schedules. If individual fans want to make a case for these games being meaningful, then that is their prerogative. But, officially they are not meaningful.

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The truth is, Apopka treats some spring and KOCs like real games and others not so much. How they are treated tend to be driven by:

1. The quality of the team they are playing.

2. The experience level of the returning Apopka team.

I am pretty sure Apopka will treat the Mainland game like a regular season game. The Bucs are just too good to be taken lightly.  

The game being nationally televised tends to make teams want to play like it was a real game also.   Again Plant being maybe the sole exception.  Remember that beating they took from Manatee a while back?  

26 minutes ago, 954gator said:

The game being nationally televised tends to make teams want to play like it was a real game also.   Again Plant being maybe the sole exception.  Remember that beating they took from Manatee a while back?  

Yes, I do remember that game. Hard to believe Plant was going to win a title after that game!

12 hours ago, 954gator said:

Man I remember the hype going into the AHP vs IMG game.  At first I'm almost certain it was going to count for IMG but not for AHP (since IMG only had a certain few number of games).  I'm pretty sure in the broadcast that's what they said too.  Then after the game it didn't count for either.   Blah.   

Someone PLEASE PLEASE try and find the broadcast.   I'm dying to see that one again.   I'm sure someone has that game somewhere!

IMG was going for the game winner and they threw a pick six.   It wasn't the backup QB neither.   To be fair IMG had a TD called back a play before that was questionable.   The teams were fairly even.   Let me say this though.   AHP had ELITE LOS guys that you rarely see on a HSFB team.  

It's a reason you can't find that game and I remember it like it was yesterday.. Browardhandicapper can quote me in this if I'm wrong.. I read the coach for IMG complained about AHP was playing too rough on defense... I'm telling you IMG took that game serious.. KOC or not...

2 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

It's a reason you can't find that game and I remember it like it was yesterday.. Browardhandicapper can quote me in this if I'm wrong.. I read the coach for IMG complained about AHP was playing too rough on defense... I'm telling you IMG to that game serious.. KOC or not...

Too rough?? 

LMAO 

And IMG supposed to cleanse the Miami Dade powers?  Wow this gonna be a easy win of a bet and a free dinner whenever i make a drive to broward County lol

2 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Too rough?? 

LMAO 

And IMG supposed to cleanse the Miami Dade powers?  Wow this gonna be a easy win of a bet and a free dinner whenever i make a drive to broward County lol

Oh don't get me wrong they may very well wax the 3 teams from Dade... Ijs I wouldn't be surprise if all those games are competitive... 

19 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Oh don't get me wrong they may very well wax the 3 teams from Dade... Ijs I wouldn't be surprise if all those games are competitive... 

exactly they will be favored in all of the games, and I think If MC isn't able to move the ball offensively in the air they might get beat badly, but it's no easy task beating all 3.   I guess we'll see.   

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

Ik but if they think AHP was too rough they will learn that those Miami powers are dangerous as much as AHP if not more 

2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

It's a reason you can't find that game and I remember it like it was yesterday.. Browardhandicapper can quote me in this if I'm wrong.. I read the coach for IMG complained about AHP was playing too rough on defense... I'm telling you IMG took that game serious.. KOC or not...

This is true. When IMG's 4 star TE Isaac Nauta was concussed by a AHP SS half his size on what appeared to may have been a helmet to helmet, IMG Coaches went nuts.....  Fortunately Nauta was okay and returned to action a couple weeks later. I actually think that physical game in that KOC was a growing period for IMG.  Some of those new IMG kids and new Coaches got a taste of what to expect in the future.

Down here from the age of 6 or 7, kids are encouraged and taught differently with coaching I guess. As good as the SFL HS brand of football is , the youth football leagues are way ahead of the rest of the country. Skill sets, speed and particularly physicality...  Once that is instilled at a young age, it just becomes competition with one another going forward. Iron sharpening iron....hence SFL HS Football.

14 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Ik but if they think AHP was too rough they will learn that those Miami powers are dangerous as much as AHP if not more 

That 2015 AHP team was pretty nasty up front on both sides of the ball. One of the more physical teams I saw in Broward and Dade that year. 

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

According to the FHSAA none of them count. That is really all that matters. That is why Spring games and KO Classics are not recorded in the schedules. If individual fans want to make a case for these games being meaningful, then that is their prerogative. But, officially they are not meaningful.

ProSet,  no one denies or is delusional enough to not realize the games don't count. But I challenge anyone who ever strapped on a helmet to tell us they didn't want that Kickoff Classic a$$ as much as the Season Openers behind. Darter and Sharkbait ( above ) explained how some coaches approach these practice games. They run the team and that's their business. I will guarantee you one thing though, you play one east Volusia County powerhouse below your top effort and you'll be going into the season bruised, battered, embarrassed, and not real confident......

On June 10, 2017 at 10:54 AM, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

STA has been beaten by numerous of teams in South Florida && Not 1 of those teams won state except of maybe Miramar in 2009 can't remember if they played st Thomas in 2009  

Miramar did win state in 2009.......AND STA beat them 31-6.   Just sayin.   That's without Gio Bernard too.

6 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I have heard they have two capable QBs,  yet the two combined are still not  talked about/hyped as Jake Allen. 

You can make what you want with that scenario....

I don't know what Florida sees in Jake Allen because every game i saw him in he didn't look that impressive to me and if anything he looked like the weak link of that offense but that's just me