2017 7V7 News/Results

BrowardHandicapper

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

Neptune ehh...

Columbia High is taking on on aliens and space invaders now?

Yes 

We got tired of playing Duval county so we started playing aliens from outer space because Jacksonville lost it's luster for a roadtrip so we want to see a planet a long way away instead

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Let's just cut to the chase....

Are you saying 2017 will be the year of the Tiger in 7A?

I'm saying they have that potential 

This team when healthy could end up resembling 2015 team the only major difference is we don't have 3 guys with  4.3 or 4.4 speed at reciever but the rest could resemble that team,  keep in mind in 2015 our defense started the year giving up over 30 points in 4 of first 6 games including the koc with apopka but after the bye week we came back to win at bolles by 29 then went on a 8 game win streak to go to final 4, the defense is young but talented, by mid-season the defense should be dangerous 

I did like what i saw from Dollard and callum in the running game during bartram and that tandem could do some damage in the rush attack and if receivers stay healthy can make plays, Blair looked good in practice before hurting his hand and if he comes back healthy he could be successful but it remains to be seen how he can handle pressure in a real game scenario 

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

Trying to figure out and connect the dots on all these 7on tournaments is giving me a headache.   Having a hard time finding out results.  

954, it's like the wild,wild west. You got to be there at the tournaments and do some leg work to keep up. And even then no one really cares cause they got another 20 minute/40yard game coming up. Coaches always wanted to practice in the summer and now they legally can with no penalties. But it takes $$$$ to play. Below is the website for the USAFootball 7 on 7 that had Saturday's 16 team event in Orlando. At $425 per team X's 16 teams = $6,800. And what do you get. I saw no trophy. Maybe I missed it or was just trying to get the hell out of there after the sun burned my a$$ for eight hours. Teams supplied their own drinks. Two, and I repeat Two port-o-lets ( FOR 16 TEAMS!). You can imagine how disgusting that was by the late afternoon. All games were played on two side by side 100yd fields. At the 50yd line of both were two 8x8 pole tents facing opposite directions with a young girl controling the scoring/clock. She got instruction from one of the two referees. They were clueless to the teams playing 5 minutes after a game ended. NEXT.....I never saw a coach write a score down. The small scoring displays were zero'd out seconds after the games ended. Win and keep playing, lose and go home. A pretty simple format was used. Brunswick, Ga. is listed as going to Hoover, Alabama next month for a championship tournament. They lost to Mainland in the championship final. But that just tells me Mainland has other plans for the summer. With 7 on 7's everywhere all over the country every week it's got to be about the money. USA Football isn't running these things for the competition.

http://7on7.usafootball.com/

10 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

954, it's like the wild,wild west. You got to be there at the tournaments and do some leg work to keep up. And even then no one really cares cause they got another 20 minute/40yard game coming up. Coaches always wanted to practice in the summer and now they legally can with no penalties. But it takes $$$$ to play. Below is the website for the USAFootball 7 on 7 that had Saturday's 16 team event in Orlando. At $425 per team X's 16 teams = $6,800. And what do you get. I saw no trophy. Maybe I missed it or was just trying to get the hell out of there after the sun burned my a$$ for eight hours. Teams supplied their own drinks. Two, and I repeat Two port-o-lets ( FOR 16 TEAMS!). You can imagine how disgusting that was by the late afternoon. All games were played on two side by side 100yd fields. At the 50yd line of both were two 8x8 pole tents facing opposite directions with a young girl controling the scoring/clock. She got instruction from one of the two referees. They were clueless to the teams playing 5 minutes after a game ended. NEXT.....I never saw a coach write a score down. The small scoring displays were zero'd out seconds after the games ended. Win and keep playing, lose and go home. A pretty simple format was used. Brunswick, Ga. is listed as going to Hoover, Alabama next month for a championship tournament. They lost to Mainland in the championship final. But that just tells me Mainland has other plans for the summer. With 7 on 7's everywhere all over the country every week it's got to be about the money. USA Football isn't running these things for the competition.

http://7on7.usafootball.com/

Thanks buddy!   

A couple things I found interesting on that site.  Looks like the Dolphin tourney was not a regional qualifier.   So not one team from Fl in the national tournament that actually won a qualifier.   WEAK.  Can someone confirm this?  I was pretty sure that Dolphins tournament was a regional qualifier.

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Thanks buddy!   

A couple things I found interesting on that site.  Looks like the Dolphin tourney was not a regional qualifier.   So not one team from Fl in the national tournament that actually won a qualifier.   WEAK.  Can someone confirm this?  I was pretty sure that Dolphins tournament was a regional qualifier.

954, it still might be a qualifier, but with a different 7 on 7 organization. These start-up businesses are on their own($$$). By end of July they'll be a dozen National Champions. Like boxing sanctioning bodies and promoters it's about the money, hence the "wild, wild west." How much do two Porta-O-Lets run ya for a day ? :)

The Dolphins 7s is not a qualifier for anything. It's just something the Dolphins do for community outreach type deal and give back to high schools. It is free for all teams. The players the Friday before get life skill lesson at a symposium at Hard Rock Stadium. They also each get 2 different Dolphins jerseys/dry fits  for free. They get good work against teams in all 3 counties down here and it keeps the teams together instead of floating to all star 7s teams and getting recruited and such. Not everybody has money to pay for travel and pay 200-500 a team to play in tournament just for someone else to line their pockets. The Dolphins 7s is a good event. Has 35-50 teams their every year. 

18 minutes ago, blystr2002 said:

The Dolphins 7s is not a qualifier for anything. It's just something the Dolphins do for community outreach type deal and give back to high schools. It is free for all teams. The players the Friday before get life skill lesson at a symposium at Hard Rock Stadium. They also each get 2 different Dolphins jerseys/dry fits  for free. They get good work against teams in all 3 counties down here and it keeps the teams together instead of floating to all star 7s teams and getting recruited and such. Not everybody has money to pay for travel and pay 200-500 a team to play in tournament just for someone else to line their pockets. The Dolphins 7s is a good event. Has 35-50 teams their every year. 

Well it use to.. I remember Edison and BTW in years won it n travel to Indy I believe representing the Miami dolphins 

1 hour ago, blystr2002 said:

Thanks for the info bud, I'm guessing they changed it or maybe the fact the old national tournaments used the "dolphins" as the florida team name got me confused.