2017 Florida vs. OOS Teams

SportsNut25

Week Four
St. John's (DC) @ IMG Academy National
Lake Area New Tech (LA) @ Niceville 
Champagnat @ Louisville Trinity (KY)
International School of Broward @ Brentwood Academy (TN)
Clearwater Academy @ Valwood (GA) 
Snook Christian (AL) @ North Florida Christian
Munroe @ Pataula Charter (GA) 
Georgia Christian (GA) @ Maclay 
University Christian @ Coffee (GA) 
Kathleen @ Phenix City Central (AL)

FL goes 4-2 in week four action. 

On 9/16/2017 at 0:48 PM, SportsNut25 said:

Week Four
St. John's (DC) @ IMG Academy National
Lake Area New Tech (LA) @ Niceville 
Champagnat @ Louisville Trinity (KY)
International School of Broward @ Brentwood Academy (TN)
Snook Christian (AL) @ North Florida Christian
University Christian @ Coffee (GA) 
Kathleen @ Phenix City Central (AL)

FL goes 4-2 in week four action. 

Anyone have an overall OOS record for Florida?

16 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Good to see isb vs Brentwood academy not happening, it a embarrassment that a program of brentwood academy stature would even schedule isb,  wish they would actually play real competition instead of hand picking squash matches 

I think International House of Pancakes had their first win 2 weeks ago. They play Grayson this week. I see their longest winning streak ever coming to an end this week. Why do they, ISB, schedule these killer teams? Very sad to me and I can't imagine why Cocoa is playing them in 2 weeks. If they need the money that bad they should apply for grants...

10 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I think International House of Pancakes had their first win 2 weeks ago. They play Grayson this week. I see their longest winning streak ever coming to an end this week. Why do they, ISB, schedule these killer teams? Very sad to me and I can't imagine why Cocoa is playing them in 2 weeks. If they need the money that bad they should apply for grants...

The bigger question is: why would these powers ever agree to play ISB? Aside from a win to pad the record, this does noting for those teams in terms of even evaluating second string members on the roster.

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The bigger question is: why would these powers ever agree to play ISB? Aside from a win to pad the record, this does noting for those teams in terms of even evaluating second string members on the roster.

I think Cocoa is playing them to give their backups/younger guys real game experience. 

5 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

I think Cocoa is playing them to give their backups/younger guys real game experience. 

I get that, but it would probably be better to provide that experience in the second half of games against better teams assuming Cocoa is up by three scores or more. Not sure what playing ISB accomplishes. And I am not ragging on Cocoa. ISB seems to find a ton of nationally relevant teams willing to play them. To me the whole situation is sad.

30 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I get that, but it would probably be better to provide that experience in the second half of games against better teams assuming Cocoa is up by three scores or more. Not sure what playing ISB accomplishes. And I am not ragging on Cocoa. ISB seems to find a ton of nationally relevant teams willing to play them. To me the whole situation is sad.

Not as sad as Brentwood academy not playing a Florida team with a pulse

They have played 2 Florida teams all time that i could find by researching them

University Christian in 2015 who was the worst state champ that year in Florida and isb who game with them was cancelled

Brentwood academy would be a good test for some of our teams in 5-10 range and at same time would test them but they only taking teams who are outmatched

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

No offense taken. But then again it could also be a homecoming type game or a game to get players healthy or keep players healthy. I also see it being like the treasure coast game for cocoa. Pretty much how the first round of the playoffs for Cocoa.

Port St Joe will be representing the State of Florida  this week as they take on Autauga Academy the 24th ranked team (per Maxpreps) in the State of Alabama.   I don't know much about Autauga,  except that they are the defending state champs.   I have  talked to a couple of people from that area who say they are very good and give a lot of scholarships.  Just hoping our boys can keep it respectable.

23 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

Port St Joe will be representing the State of Florida  this week as they take on Autauga Academy the 24th ranked team (per Maxpreps) in the State of Alabama.   I don't know much about Autauga,  except that they are the defending state champs.   I have  talked to a couple of people from that area who say they are very good and give a lot of scholarships.  Just hoping our boys can keep it respectable.

I do too. I am a Port St Joe fan this Friday.

On 9/18/2017 at 2:06 PM, SportsNut25 said:

Technically 31-22 

HOWEVER 

one of those losses was a preseason game. 

I wonder what the strength was of those 31 teams that Florida teams defeated and also the strength of the teams that defeated the Florida teams. I guess that has to be looked into before we can call the OOS trips a success.

4 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I wonder what the strength was of those 31 teams that Florida teams defeated and also the strength of the teams that defeated the Florida teams. I guess that has to be looked into before we can call the OOS trips a success.

Pro

The biggest thing hurting our oos record is teams like isb playing top 50 national teams or teams in our 100-300 range playing teams in states 1-20 range

Most states won't play the competition we play

Just look at lowndes lol

On 6/20/2017 at 9:24 PM, SportsNut25 said:

Oakleaf @ Camden County (GA) 

GA  1-0

International School of Broward @ Lowndes (GA) 

GA  2-0

Aucilla Christian @ Pataula Charter (GA) 

GA 2-1

North Florida Christian @ Deerfield-Windsor (GA)

GA 2-2

Venice @ Camden County (GA)

FL  3-2

Bartram Trail @ Cartersville (GA) 

FL 3-3

Lafayette @ Brookwood (GA)

FL  4-3

Melbourne Central Catholic @ Buford (GA)

FL  4-4

Valwood (GA) @ North Florida Christian

FL 5-4

Lincoln @ Bainbridge (GA) 

FL 5-5

Twiggs County (GA) @ Cambridge Christian 

FL 6-5

FL  6-6

FL  7-6

FL 8-6

International School of Broward @ Grayson (GA) 

FL 8-7

Sarasota @ Bainbridge (GA) 

FL 8-8

Rickards @ Bainbridge (GA)

FL  9-8

East Lake @ Ware County (GA) 

FL  9-9

Sneads @ Miller County (GA)

GA  10-9

Pataula Charter (GA) @ Sneads

GA 10-10

Final FL vs GA record for the year