UCF scrimmage camp

DisabledAccount

2 minutes ago, Floridatechfootball said:

When it com to these padded scrimmages, teams always be lying bout who they beat like Vero they be coming back talkin bout they beat Apopka Osceola and shidd and they also got into it with Carol City too 

I wasn't there, i wish i was though because there a lot of good teams down there at this camp

10 hours ago, Floridatechfootball said:

UCF and FAU have da best camps

Never been to those camps. I have only been to the fca contact camp. I like that one because you get two or three sessions a day for three days. Each session has three 30 minute scrimmages. Each team gets 10 play drives until the time runs out. There is usually 12 to 14 teams. You play every one at least once and some twice. What I like most is the film you get from it. You will see just about every offense and every defense that you will see during the regular season. 

8 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

Never been to those camps. I have only been to the fca contact camp. I like that one because you get two or three sessions a day for three days. Each session has three 30 minute scrimmages. Each team gets 10 play drives until the time runs out. There is usually 12 to 14 teams. You play every one at least once and some twice. What I like most is the film you get from it. You will see just about every offense and every defense that you will see during the regular season. 

Just wish these scrimmages can make it in da news paper

On 6/21/2017 at 11:33 PM, SportsNut25 said:

I swear UCF can't go a summer without high school teams brawling at their camps. Pretty sure like every summer there has been a brawl at a UCF event. 

I went to them 5 years in a row without fail some gets in a tussle. The environment kind of directs though not much the ucf staff can do. You have highly competitive typically great caliber teams in sweltering heat on stop for 3 days. It is bound to happen with all that testosterone in one place. 

On 6/22/2017 at 1:00 AM, Dan in Daytona said:

I do have a complaint concerning one of the three fields that are being used for this camp. It's the indoor facility that isn't up to standards. These high schools pay big dollars for this full contact camp. And UCF should make sure that the lighting is 100% before anyone plays a game in there. I counted 70 lighting fixtures hanging from the ceiling ( 7 rows of 10 fixtures ). Of the 70 only 42 were working. 28 ( 40% ) were burnt out. Before you think it was an energy thing trust me it wasn't. There was no pattern to it. 3 here, 2 there, 2 side by side, skip 5, 1 out, etc,etc. Oh well, so it goes.... #grumpyoldman 

Well it's a big plus they finally got AC in the indoor. When we first started going to the camp no AC in there just two huge vent fans that would suck hot air out. 

15 minutes ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Speaking of FPC u know how good they are this year????

Everyone I coached with is gone now. But I hear rumors of kids leaving left and right. Lost a lb/te to Dwyer and their best DL to centennial. So I would guess they won't be great but you never know. Also rumor going around Joey K is going to enroll at centennial 

UCF's full contact camp ended today(Friday,June 23) around 11AM. I'm a Mainland Homer so that was my main focus. One team gets the ball for 10 minutes then the other team gets their 10min. of offense. Add up the touchdowns.

Game 1- Booker T Washington 4td's, Mainland 2td's. BTW dropped a td in the end zone which would have been 5. Mainland's Db's were lost all day. The confusion was obvious.

Game 2- Armwood 3td's, Mainland (ZERO). Total domination on both sides of the ball. Buc offense was now lost too. Armwood has a very good RB. No nothing about him, but he passed the eye test with flying colors. 

Game 3- Mainland 1td, Forsyth Central High, Ga. 0. All 4 games today were played continuous. No breaks between the 20 min. games. Just coming off the BTW loss and the Armwood smack down, my Bucs want to get a little nasty. Or as some would say "dirty."  It's been 7-8yrs. since I've seen this out of a Mainland team. They weren't throwing helmets like that crew, but they might have some of that same DNA. Mainland's offense was stopped short of its full 10mins, They wanted to fight. The big Georgia team would have obliged them and gone toe to toe if not for their take charge, no nonsense head coach. He grabbed a couple big boys and set them straight. Then told the whole team they "better not say a word."  He laid the law down and they knew it.  He wasn't having any BS. They didn't have much of a passing game, but were trying to work on it. Their power running game will wear some teams down.

Game 4- Mainland 2td's, Lake City Columbia 1td. This was the rubber match. The Tigers beat Mainland Thursday, Mainland beat them Wednesday. Anti climactic, everybody was ready to go home. I've got faith that Mainland's long time coaching staff will have things ready by the KOC. They weren't ready to play today. 

11 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

UCF's full contact camp ended today(Friday,June 23) around 11AM. I'm a Mainland Homer so that was my main focus. One team gets the ball for 10 minutes then the other team gets their 10min. of offense. Add up the touchdowns.

Game 1- Booker T Washington 4td's, Mainland 2td's. BTW dropped a td in the end zone which would have been 5. Mainland's Db's were lost all day. The confusion was obvious.

Game 2- Armwood 3td's, Mainland (ZERO). Total domination on both sides of the ball. Buc offense was now lost too. Armwood has a very good RB. No nothing about him, but he passed the eye test with flying colors. 

Game 3- Mainland 1td, Forsyth Central High, Ga. 0. All 4 games today were played continuous. No breaks between the 20 min. games. Just coming off the BTW loss and the Armwood smack down, my Bucs want to get a little nasty. Or as some would say "dirty."  It's been 7-8yrs. since I've seen this out of a Mainland team. They weren't throwing helmets like that crew, but they might have some of that same DNA. Mainland's offense was stopped short of its full 10mins, They wanted to fight. The big Georgia team would have obliged them and gone toe to toe if not for their take charge, no nonsense head coach. He grabbed a couple big boys and set them straight. Then told the whole team they "better not say a word."  He laid the law down and they knew it.  He wasn't having any BS. They didn't have much of a passing game, but were trying to work on it. Their power running game will wear some teams down.

Game 4- Mainland 2td's, Lake City Columbia 1td. This was the rubber match. The Tigers beat Mainland Thursday, Mainland beat them Wednesday. Anti climatic, everybody was ready to go home. I've got faith that Mainland's long time coaching staff will have things ready by the KOC. They weren't ready to play today. 

Any word how we did with armwood? 

2 hours ago, Bocefous70 said:

Everyone I coached with is gone now. But I hear rumors of kids leaving left and right. Lost a lb/te to Dwyer and their best DL to centennial. So I would guess they won't be great but you never know. Also rumor going around Joey K is going to enroll at centennial 

Dang i figured players would be leavin that program now, Vero will owned this district for years to come

5 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Game 4- Mainland 2td's, Lake City Columbia 1td. This was the rubber match. The Tigers beat Mainland Thursday, Mainland beat them Wednesday. Anti climactic, everybody was ready to go home. I've got faith that Mainland's long time coaching staff will have things ready by the KOC. They weren't ready to play today. 

Armwood's RB IS legit.  Ohio State commit Brian Snead.   Kid's a stud for sure.  

9 hours ago, Bocefous70 said:

I agree, but give centennial a small chance to make some noise in the next few years if jamar gets the ball rolling

If u look back on my early spring breakdown of the district, u can see that i had Vero and Centen makin playoffs but the system is different this year tho

2 hours ago, Floridatechfootball said:

If u look back on my early spring breakdown of the district, u can see that i had Vero and Centen makin playoffs but the system is different this year tho

I don't think centennial has the horses quite yet to be #2 in the district after going to a couple of their practices. They are definitely catching up quick though