UCF scrimmage camp

DisabledAccount

34 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

No, no, no my north Florida friend. You lost 3td's to 1td in early game #1 against...........Mainland. Then you and Miramar got in to a bench clearing brawl in game #3 near about 7pm. Several piles of players were rolling around on the field. Certainly the tall tower cameras caught it all.  

I heard yall destroyed Vero last year at the Stetson camp

19 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

I swear UCF can't go a summer without high school teams brawling at their camps. Pretty sure like every summer there has been a brawl at a UCF event. 

Seems like them and FAU get all the good teams to play at their camps so i guess everybody gotta attitude with each other thats what happens when u put all da good boyz together lol

9 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

Ok so 2-2 today

So how you all do with Booker T? 

Well, that's another story. Here's how today went. Beat Columbia before dinner break. Came back and beat Park Vista 2td's to 1td. Played Miramar 2 to 2. Offensively they are really fast. Got outside and took it to the house. Their pass "D" gave up some long scores against Mainland and others. Next Mainland beat Jenson Beach 3td's to 2tds. All games were 20 minutes. You get the ball for 10 minutes. Then they get the ball for 10 minutes. Add them up ( scores ). Now for Booker T. , Mainland has the ball for the first 10min, and drops two scores in the end. Gets lucky as time runs out and scores on a pass play. BTW's defense is way ahead of the offense at this early stage. With a few minutes left they drive to the five yard line. Run a dive and it gets stuffed. Qb looks to pass but is under pressure. Remember QB's are slightly protected in these scrummages. Don't want them to get hurt. He runs forward and Mainland closes in. Ref blows the whistle, and as Bobby Bowden used to say, Mainland plays to its echo and BLAST the QB. Hardest hit of the day. All hell breaks loose. Coaches from both sides quickly intervene. It's determined game is over. Booker T Washington doesn't get their full 10 minutes. To be continued....:)       

1 minute ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Well, that's another story. Here's how today went. Beat Columbia before dinner break. Came back and beat Park Vista 2td's to 1td. Played Miramar 2 to 2. Offensively they are really fast. Got outside and took it to the house. Their pass "D" gave up some long scores against Mainland and others. Next Mainland beat Jenson Beach 3td's to 2tds. All games were 20 minutes. You get the ball for 10 minutes. Then they get the ball for 10 minutes. Add them up ( scores ). Now for Booker T. , Mainland has the ball for the first 10min, and drops two scores in the end. Gets lucky as time runs out and scores on a pass play. BTW's defense is way ahead of the offense at this early stage. With a few minutes left they drive to the five yard line. Run a dive and it gets stuffed. Qb looks to pass but is under pressure. Remember QB's are slightly protected in these scrummages. Don't want them to get hurt. He runs forward and Mainland closes in. Ref blows the whistle, and as Bobby Bowden used to say, Mainland plays to its echo and BLAST the QB. Hardest hit of the day. All hell breaks loose. Coaches from both sides quickly intervene. It's determined game is over. Booker T Washington doesn't get their full 10 minutes. To be continued....:)       

So mainland and booker t almost fought? 

35 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

So how bad was the fight

Oh, the Tigers and Patriots were into it. It was right below the center field tower cameras. I'd say more then 30 seconds with several groups on the ground. But they continued with play when the field was cleared, unlike the Mainland/BTW game. 

1 minute ago, columbiahighfan said:

How many times do each team usually play at these camps

I didn't see a lot of teams. Heard there would be a second camp Saturday. Thursdays schedule is full contact in the morning and 7 on 7 in the afternoon. Then on Friday full contact in the morning. Mainland goes home early afternoon. Don't know about the others. Think Mainland plays BTW again on Friday. Wouldn't doubt they all play each other again. I'm going back over on Friday.

4 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I didn't see a lot of teams. Heard there would be a second camp Saturday. Thursdays schedule is full contact in the morning and 7 on 7 in the afternoon. Then on Friday full contact in the morning. Mainland goes home early afternoon. Don't know about the others. Think Mainland plays BTW again on Friday. Wouldn't doubt they all play each other again. I'm going back over on Friday.

I'm trying to find out if we play mainland and booker t again and when we will play armwood 

I do have a complaint concerning one of the three fields that are being used for this camp. It's the indoor facility that isn't up to standards. These high schools pay big dollars for this full contact camp. And UCF should make sure that the lighting is 100% before anyone plays a game in there. I counted 70 lighting fixtures hanging from the ceiling ( 7 rows of 10 fixtures ). Of the 70 only 42 were working. 28 ( 40% ) were burnt out. Before you think it was an energy thing trust me it wasn't. There was no pattern to it. 3 here, 2 there, 2 side by side, skip 5, 1 out, etc,etc. Oh well, so it goes.... #grumpyoldman 

6 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Dan, any thoughts (strengths or concerns) on Lake Worth Park Vista?

Even though they lost their top offensive player due to a severe knee injury this spring I see them as what could be a top 5 PB County area team and likely post-season 8A team.

Broward, Park Vista has an excellent passing game. They can throw the deep ball. Athletic QB with athletic wideouts. Don't know how they stack up down there in the real world, but I was impressed with the "little time" observing them in a scrimmage setting dominated by the pass. They got BTW for a couple scores also.

11 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

I wasent told we played mainland 

And that sounds like us, i heard we almost got in brawl last year at ucf and again during a 7 on 7 event last season 

When it com to these padded scrimmages, teams always be lying bout who they beat like Vero they be coming back talkin bout they beat Apopka Osceola and shidd and they also got into it with Carol City too