Jax Preview 2017

DisabledAccount

Using my current top 100 preseason rankings that is still being worked on here is my jax area top 10 for 2017 preseason 

Jax top 10

1 Jax Trinity Christian 

2 Ponte Vedra 

3 Robert E Lee 

4 Bartram Trail 

5 Raines

6 Sandalwood 

7 Bolles

8 Clay

9 University Christian 

10 Ribault 

Sandalwood will likely be similar to last season. They don't have the same top level recruits this year, but from everything i've seen, they will be similar to or maybe better than last season's team.

From everything i'm hearing, Lee is the best team in the area. I didn't get a chance to see them in the Spring.

Lee, Raines, Sandalwood, Bolles, Bartram Trail, St. Augustine, Trinity, Ribault are the top teams in the area. I don't know what order they'll finish in, but they are they teams I would definitely put in a pre-season list. Some people throw Columbia in with NE FL since they are part of the Times Union coverage area, but they are definitely in the mix too if you count them as part of the area.

Fletcher, Baker County, Oakleaf, Ponte Vedra, Clay, University Christian probably make up the very top of the next tier.

2 minutes ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

Sandalwood will likely be similar to last season. They don't have the same top level recruits this year, but from everything i've seen, they will be similar to or maybe better than last season's team.

From everything i'm hearing, Lee is the best team in the area. I didn't get a chance to see them in the Spring.

Lee, Raines, Sandalwood, Bolles, Bartram Trail, St. Augustine, Trinity, Ribault are the top teams in the area. I don't know what order they'll finish in, but they are they teams I would definitely put in a pre-season list. Some people throw Columbia in with NE FL since they are part of the Times Union coverage area, but they are definitely in the mix too if you count them as part of the area.

Fletcher, Baker County, Oakleaf, Ponte Vedra, Clay, University Christian probably make up the very top of the next tier.

With Lee i get the feeling everything is too good to be true

Columbia and sandalwood both were overwhelming favorites last year but we have a bad 3 weeks and finish a District runner up and lose to Lee twice 

Sandalwood was supposed to be state contenders with all the talent but lost first round

Jax seems to be a hard area to predict bc of all the moving parts that happen with players 

2 minutes ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

I don't think UC could beat any of the top 10 teams in NE FL, but they are very likely to win state in their class.

I agree with you on that assessment 

There may be teams below them who would win head to head but how a team finishes usually impacts rankings and my top 10 was literly listing jax teams in order they on my preseason top 100

I did also almost consider teams like St Augustine and baker County being considered with jax but in the end i decided to stick with duval but since most people see bartram trail as jax not St John's i decided to rank them with them lol

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

I have not seen Mandarin mentioned ? Thoughts?

Well for second year in a row they have to replace their coach which seems weird for a team that has a lot of success last 2 years and appeared to turn program around and has to keep replacing their coach

They should still have talent and i have them borderline top 100 in florida but question marks remain with how will they handle their coach leaving, (the coach last year is now coach at Lincoln) 

Just now, Floridatechfootball said:

Is TCA considered loaded this year

If anything it seems they a step short of what they are normally 

Compared to 75% of jax they loaded but they don't look as strong as past years,  don't be surprised if they fail to make it to states

1 minute ago, columbiahighfan said:

If anything it seems they a step short of what they are normally 

Compared to 75% of jax they loaded but they don't look as strong as past years,  don't be surprised if they fail to make it to states

They are flat out hard to beat in November.  Usually slow starters and peak late. Although they have a tougher postseason road now, I expect to see them in in the thick of things in 5A North.

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

They are flat out hard to beat in November.  Usually slow starters and peak late. Although they have a tougher postseason road now, I expect to see them in in the thick of things in 5A North.

I agree they will be up there but i got a feeling 5a north ends up stopping the run,  at least this year 

I think cocoa wins both

Bartram has a questionable defense so i expect cocoa to put up points, if cocoa shuts down gatewood and his versatile skillset it could get ugly

Tca will come out strong looking for payback but they not as loaded as past years 

If cocoa is at least as good as last year i give the nod to cocoa in this rematch 

1 minute ago, columbiahighfan said:

I think cocoa wins both

Bartram has a questionable defense so i expect cocoa to put up points, if cocoa shuts down gatewood and his versatile skillset it could get ugly

Tca will come out strong looking for payback but they not as loaded as past years 

If cocoa is at least as good as last year i give the nod to cocoa in this rematch 

Cocoa definitely will be as good as next year with one of the fastest quarterbacks in the state and another one that sling the ball. Defense is still the focal point for Cocoa.

I feel like the TCA game will be a good one in Jacksonville. Bartram Trail is coming to Cocoa. If Bartram Trail isn't dynamic or more than one playmaker they will have a rough time. But we will see how they do against Cartersville Ga