18 Lakeland (-)  7A

19 Armwood (-)  6A

20 Vero Beach (-)  8A 

21 Deerfield Beach (-)  8A

22 Plant (-)  7A

23 Miami Senior (-)  8A

24 Miami Norland (-)  6A

25 Columbus (-)  8A

I am ranking the classes based on most members in my top 100 and without further adieu here is my projected top classes

Class rankings worst to best

8th-  2A
7th- 1A
6th-* 4A
5th-* 3A
4th- 5A
3rd- 7A
2nd- 8A
1st- 6A

*both 3a and 4a had 7 in top 100 so i gave 3a edge for having their number 1 team higher in the top 100

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who's supposed to be top teams in panhandle this year 

I'm curious of gulf breeze and West Florida 

I've been forming a list in my mind.  I'll take a closer look at it and provide an Outlook in a week or so.  Gotta find out about transfers.  

Gulf Breeze lost a lot but has a nice group of young players.  The new coach last year has made a difference and will continue IMO.  They'll be more run oriented with the loss of QB Phelps  (Davidson signee) and 3 big time receivers.  They have two very good rb's and a good O-line.   A QB transferred in from Navarre that did well in the spring game.  Defense will be better if they can find another corner.  They got a LB transfer in from Pine Forest that's good.

West Florida long time head coach Lees is now coaching Milton.  WF lost a healthy amount of talent but they still should be one of the better area teams.  Helton brothers and a couple good big'us come to mind.

Off the top of my head I'd say watch out for Escambia.  New head coach this year is the un-retired state championship coach from Pensacola High.  They also got a 4 star nearly 5 star transfer from Pine Forest  (Copeland ).  Copeland will be playing with a chip on his shoulder from getting snubbed by "The Opening".  I think they've added a few other transfers as well.  Good crop of young players. 

I need to find out Crestview's QB situation.  If they have a good one to replace last year's,  they might be very good.  They have some giant lineman returning.  Also had one or two freshman that might be big time.  Crestview will be high on my list.  

We need someone from the Tallahassee area to provide an update.  I know just a little about those teams.

More later

1 minute ago, Panhandlecola said:

I've been forming a list in my mind.  I'll take a closer look at it and provide an Outlook in a week or so.  Gotta find out about transfers.  

Gulf Breeze lost a lot but has a nice group of young players.  The new coach last year has made a difference and will continue IMO.  They'll be more run oriented with the loss of QB Phelps  (Davidson signee) and 3 big time receivers.  They have two very good rb's and a good O-line.   A QB transferred in from Navarre that did well in the spring game.  Defense will be better if they can find another corner.  They got a LB transfer in from Pine Forest that's good.

West Florida long time head coach Lees is now coaching Milton.  WF lost a healthy amount of talent but they still should be one of the better area teams.  Helton brothers and a couple good big'us come to mind.

Off the top of my head I'd say watch out for Escambia.  New head coach this year is the un-retired state championship coach from Pensacola High.  They also got a 4 star nearly 5 star transfer from Pine Forest  (Copeland ).  Copeland will be playing with a chip on his shoulder from getting snubbed by "The Opening".  I think they've added a few other transfers as well.  Good crop of young players. 

I need to find out Crestview's QB situation.  If they have a good one to replace last year's,  they might be very good.  They have some giant lineman returning.  Also had one or two freshman that might be big time.  Crestview will be high on my list.  

We need someone from the Tallahassee area to provide an update.  I know just a little about those teams.

More later

I'll ask around about Tallahassee

Rickards probably best in the capital city this year

1 hour ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Rickards will be good this year.  I'm thinking they won't be as good as last year though.  Wakulla beat them in the spring game but of course that doesn't mean much.  Godby is a team to watch out for in Tallahassee.

How the rest of Tallahassee looking? 

My early predictions were that chiles would finally take Lincoln spot in district but im not sure what they have coming back 

I know Chiles has the LB that's committed to FSU but I'm not sure how good they will be....Wakulla plays Lincoln in the kickoff classic.  Lincoln hired Quinn Gray as their new coach so I think he'll have them playing at a higher level.  

I think the coach for Chiles took the job at Leon.  I think Corey Fuller will have Godby challenging for the district championship as well.  They had a new QB in the spring that looked pretty good and they got the RB from East Gadsden by way of transfer.  They tied Rickards in the spring jamboree and beat Wakulla on the last play of the game with a jump ball.  Wakulla had a couple of TD's called back against Godby but I think they are going to be pretty good.

I think Wakulla will be better than they were last year.  They open up with Madison after the kickoff classic with Lincoln.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What has happened with Lincoln 

They used to be dominate now they struggling to hold onto top spot in Tallahassee

Chiles was built and changed up the attendance zones.  Chiles has most of the North end of Leon county which was all Lincoln before.

• 2 weeks later...

My updated small school rankings

I decided to only do top 5 for 1a-4a but will do top 10 on 5a-8a

1A top 5

1 Madison 
2 Pahokee 
3 Port St Joe
4 Hamilton County 
5 Baker

2A top 5

1 Champagnat 
2 Cambridge Christian