Preseason outlook

DisabledAccount

31 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Doubt that, but I'll say they have the potential to be one of the stronger 1A and 2A teams we have seen at States in a while.  Particularly 2A.

I said that because if they a top 5 team among all small schools then no 2a north team will even play the game close in Orlando lol

If Champagnat is as good as people are saying there no one else in 2a even close to them 

59 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I said that because if they a top 5 team among all small schools then no 2a north team will even play the game close in Orlando lol

If Champagnat is as good as people are saying there no one else in 2a even close to them 

The 2A North rep last year was better than the 1A North Rep IMO

I'll take University Christian over Baker.   I'd probably take Cambridge and Northside Christian to compete with or beat Baker as well.

I happen to believe this Champagnat-Catholic team will be better than Pahokee and Madison this year. 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

I agree with DFB, not sure they beat Carol City, but they will be a contender for 8a.  Not sure I'd put teams like miramar and Vero over them.  I also have a feeling Plant is solid this year.  They've been tearing it up in 7v7.  

Depends Vero QB need to be tested first

Just now, Zoe Boy said:

BA made it to the finals...??? Who from sfla was in that tournament?

Only BA and Piper but the tournament had like 50 teams. Teams like Mainland, Jones, and a bunch of others.   Mainland has been a beast in 7v7, and BA has done decent in the south Fl tournaments.  now I'm not saying they'd win a big south Florida tournament, but they look good.  Mainland was on a 30+ 7v7 win streak before losing to Plant this year.

29 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

The 2A North rep last year was better than the 1A North Rep IMO.

I'll take University Christian over Baker County.  I'd probably take Cambridge and Northside Christian to compete with or beat Baker as well.

I happen to believe this Champagnat-Catholic team will be better than Pahokee and Madison this year. 

You have a point but baker County and baker are 2 different schools 

Baker is in the panhandle 

Baker County is between lake city and Jacksonville 

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

Stoneman Douglas beat BTW at the competitive Miami Dolphins 7 v 7 event last year.  

7 v 7 builds great chemistry, allows you to evaluate your skills but take evaluating very, very lightly IMO.

I can name several SFL recent State Champions that don't even compete in 7 v 7s...

Well because it takes running game and trenches out of equation 

Plus means no qb pressure

7 on 7 is more about chemistry for qb and wrs and for dbs to get good reps

51 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You have a point but baker County and baker are 2 different schools 

Baker is in the panhandle 

Baker County is between lake city and Jacksonville 

2A is overbashed.  University Christian was probably as good  than both Pahokee and Madison County last year but they don't have the same name...

On 7/17/2017 at 11:50 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

My updated small school rankings

I decided to only do top 5 for 1a-4a but will do top 10 on 5a-8a

1A top 5

1 Madison 
2 Pahokee 
3 Port St Joe
4 Hamilton County 
5 Baker

2A top 5

1 Champagnat 
2 Cambridge Christian 
3 University Christian 
4 North Florida Christian 
5 Victory Christian 

3A top 5

1 Chaminade Madonna 
2 Oxbridge Academy 
3 MCC
4 CCC
5 Trinity Catholic 

4A top 5

1 Cocoa
2 BTW
3 Raines
4 Glades Central 
5 University School

Admiral Farragut might be a 2A team to keep an eye on this year...

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Stoneman Douglas beat BTW at the competitive Miami Dolphins 7 v 7 event last year.  

7 v 7 builds great chemistry, allows you to evaluate your skills but take evaluating very, very lightly IMO.

I can name several SFL recent State Champions that don't even compete in 7 v 7s...

Of course.   All I'm saying is it's a good sign for Plant.   

48 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

2A is overbashed.  University Christian was probably as good  than both Pahokee and Madison County last year but they don't have the same name...

Well if you use common opponents Madison and university Christian probably about same tier

They both won close games against Fort White